Confirmed with Link: Jake Walman

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Makes sense. He'll get fit in the middle of the season, then he'll have the remainder of the year to fight for a long-term spot.

With the Chiarot signing and our LHD prospect pool, I think it's an uphill battle for Walman. But I'm curious to see if he can step up this season.

Reactions: Realgud

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Makes sense. He'll get fit in the middle of the season, then he'll have the remainder of the year to fight for a long-term spot.

With the Chiarot signing and our LHD prospect pool, I think it's an uphill battle for Walman. But I'm curious to see if he can step up this season.

I think if he wants to be a regular he'll need to pace for 20ish points and at least 18 minutes a night.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Everyone who knows how arbitration works knows that clubs low ball their offers. If he was only worth 750k on a 2way, he wouldn't have been qualified.

Zadina is probably gonna ask 2.5M and the club will offer 1.1-1.2M. And they will meet at 1.6-1.7M.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Everyone who knows how arbitration works knows that clubs low ball their offers. If he was only worth 750k on a 2way, he wouldn't have been qualified.

Zadina is probably gonna ask 2.5M and the club will offer 1.1-1.2M. And they will meet at 1.6-1.7M.
Zadina isn’t going to Arbitration

Reactions: RRhoads

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
People are complaining about a guy making 1m.

Even if walman made 3m on a 1 year deal who the hell cares. We have cap and you arent the one payin the guy
And $1 mill for a whopping 1 year at that.

I'm guessing getting over a million dollars is a pretty big benchmark for players in negotiations. Even though it may only be a few thousand dollars, saying you're getting paid a million sounds a lot better than $995k

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Can't we all just get back to hating on Justin Abdelkader?

What's wrong with this family?!?!

RUNS TO ROOM

DOOR SLAM

Dear Journal-

I wish I'd never BEEN a hockey fan!

-----------------

So... what's the difference between a 1way and a 2way? Arbitration-wise, I mean. Me not know.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Can't we all just get back to hating on Justin Abdelkader?

What's wrong with this family?!?!

RUNS TO ROOM

DOOR SLAM

Dear Journal-

I wish I'd never BEEN a hockey fan!

-----------------

So... what's the difference between a 1way and a 2way? Arbitration-wise, I mean. Me not know.
A two-way contract would pay him way less if he were in the AHL. A one-way would pay him NHL-level salary regardless of whether he's in the A or the NHL.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Ummmmmm, what happened with this one, Nostradamus?? :laugh:
Are you really gonna make a big deal about $50k? LOL.

Probably just felt sorry for the kid since he got injured while playing for the Wings, one way contract for one year really doesn't benefit the team unless Stevie is planning on selling Maatta at the deadline. (Which may actually be his end game.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad