Player Discussion Jake Virtanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
My standards are hardly stringent. I just don’t hyper-focus on the final 60 seconds of the game and ignore all the other flaws that remain in his game 5 years after being drafted. “Ooooh, the coach trusts him!!! What a success story.”

The coach trusted Granlund as well. Funny, when he scored his EN goal everybody here jeered...

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Empty net goal leaders last yr:

1. 7g - Grabner
2. 6g- Staal
T-3. 5g - Trocheck, Marleau, Zucker
T-6. 4g - Domi, Hertl, Marchessault, Echiel, Seguin, Kopitar, Malkin
T-13. 3g - Schaller........
T-37. 2g - Beagle, Motte, Eriksson, Sutter....

Virtanen has already matched last year's ENG total with one.

We have a potentially pretty potent Empty net scoring team this year.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I'm happy with JV's game. Early season obviously, but seems to have taken another step in his development that has gained him the coach's trust. Poopoo empty net points all you want, but he was on the ice, won the shift, and put the game away.

I also like that he starting to get some swag back into his game. If he's playing in a checking role with Sutter, I love seeing him get under top liners' skin. If you remove Jake from the line up, what he brings would be missed.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Pretty sure we would.

When was the last time a player on the Canucks that had 3rd line upside that fans were so obsessed about?

The answer is never. It so happens the only time was a player that was a Canadian and Local. Not a coincidence my friend.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
When was the last time a player on the Canucks that had 3rd line upside that fans were so obsessed about?

The answer is never. It so happens the only time was a player that was a Canadian and Local. Not a coincidence my friend.

You don't have to say local and Canadian, one infers the other.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012

Ummmmm.....wasn’t he a first round pick???
Try thinking before posting.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
He still looks like Jake Virtanen to me.

A quality bottom sixer. Nothing wrong with that. No need to spin it in to something more just because you support the guy.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I'd hardly say that the fanbase is "obsessed" with him. The reason this thread gets replied to all the time is probably because he's a high draft pick and there's this constant struggle for people to differentiate between Virtanen the draft selection and Virtanen the player.

And I really think our fanbase on here is intelligent enough to not give a f*** where he's from. It's not like the Stecher thread is endlessly getting replied to.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad