Prospect Info: Jake Sanderson 5th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
We seem to do relatively well drafting defensemen. The blurbs I've seen from generic news sites don't sound the best for a pick at #5 (they seem to imply he's not a high-end offensive talent) but I think I'd bet on our scouts over news blurbs.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Good with this now after the initial rage of Raymond being picked

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Good pick, rebuild of the D (and Center)is complete. Great day for Ottawa credit time Mann and Dorion.

Toronto doesn’t have the D to succeed, see how Seth Jones made an impact in the playoffs. cant win without a player like this. He’s our Brent Seabrooke, Alex Pieternangelo, Victor Hedman.

Center and Defense is certainly not complete. We still need more high quality forwards and defense.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
The idea of having Tkachuk and Sanderson lined up in the opening lineup against Matthews, Eichel(etc) in the playoffs... it brings a huge, huge smile to my face.

This guy is gonna be an animal for us. Like Tkachuk, he's a rare breed of throwback hockey type of unique defender.

What Sanderson does is he alleviate enormous amount of pressure off Chabot and allows him to have off games which we can still win and it gives Brannstrom that defensive support to run rampant on his strengths and not have to worry covering for his partner.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
A couple can bust and we won't even be screwed. Ottawa will have a SOLID top 4 for the first time in a while (first time ever?)

This has been said before and it has not worked out as hoped or expected. We have some good to very good prospects but the team is full of holes at this time.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Truly hope he hits this very very high ceiling so many on here are raving about. Will make passing on the many top-line forwards that were there at 5 much less disappointing.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
This dude's transition advanced stats are off the charts good.

Really efficient puckmover. Speaks to his great hockey IQ and the space that opens up with his high-end skating ability, as I think his hands are only average.

Should have no problem moving the puck up ice at the NHL level. If he plays 20-25 minutes and is an asset on the breakout, should be good for 30-40P a year right there.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Preferred Drysdale at #5 but Sanderson has more size and possibly better physicality. So slightly disappointed but happy to have another very good young prospect on D.

Reactions: NB613

saskytaxi

Feb 13, 2019
sasky
Great pick. Sens are going to be a hard team to play against = good playoff team. With a dash of Stutzle uh oh

Reactions: NB613

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Once Raymond was gone I became more OK with this pick. The kid has a high floor and hopefully grows into a beast of a player.

As a side note...what the actual f*** was wrong with Sanderson in his interview?!? Was he sedated? He looked so dopey. I seriously hope that was some kind of nerves because that was BAAAD. Like I'd question him having an IQ over 90 bad.

Or he just was so bummed at having been picked by Ottawa his brain froze. That was really weird, especially from a guy whose dad should have coached him in media relations.

Reactions: NB613 and Matsens15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad