Prospect Info: Jake Sanderson 5th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
Because he scouted both and thought Sanderson was better? Your question isn’t really rocket science here.

Super stoked... Chabot/Sanderson/Brannstrom/JBD/Wolanin/Thomson... Jeez that list goes deep.

A couple can bust and we won't even be screwed. Ottawa will have a SOLID top 4 for the first time in a while (first time ever?)

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Indifferent about Sanderson...probably a really smart pick, but selfishly wanted another forward. Just happy we stayed away from Drysdale, did not like his game outside of his skating.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Good pick, rebuild of the D (and Center)is complete. Great day for Ottawa credit time Mann and Dorion.

Toronto doesn’t have the D to succeed, see how Seth Jones made an impact in the playoffs. cant win without a player like this. He’s our Brent Seabrooke, Alex Pieternangelo, Victor Hedman.

Victor Hedman doesn't slide down to 5 in any draft lol

Reactions: Tuna99

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
I'm so happy to see what a promising dcore were going to have. I wanted all forwards in this round but you cant teach size and this will really help build a solid foundation. Excited for the future!

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
This has to be a joke! First Tkachuk and now this s****???

This team is f***ed. Not one f****** elite talent on this sorry roster

I disagree with the pick as well but come on it’s still an elite player that we got. Yeah it’s fair to say we maybe should’ve got someone else upfront but I think the people that know what they are doing and made the selection know better than us

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Love this pick. Great skater for his size and dominant defensively. Excited to see him continue to grow offensively.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
If he develops offensively this will be a monster pick. If he doesn't it'll still be okay.

thammias

Feb 8, 2006
So pumped about our defense going forward

Prospect of Interest: Jake Sanderson makes case for top defenceman

“He's got all the requisite skills: he can make the good first pass out of his zone, he's got a good game at the offensive blue line and when it comes to defending, he competes,” said Marr.
Marr said when his team at Central Scouting was meeting to compile the final list, one of the questions that pushed Sanderson up the rankings was, “If you had to build a team around one of these players, which would you want that to be?”

“Jake was one of the more consistent guys that a lot of guys, feet to the fire, when you're talking about putting a team together, you'd like to build around this guy,” he said.

“You know what you're getting: he's a solid player that's going to generate results, be a leader and just bring that character and that presence to which you can make other players around him better and make your team better.”

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Not a bad top 4, could use some size & toughness on the 3rd pair.

Chabot - JBD
Sanderson - Thomson

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This was the perfect draft to take a guy like this. We have the flash in Stuzle, and we have the substance in Sanderson.

Plus 2021 has a few flashy blueliners to help round out our top 4. As long as we hold steady and continue with the patient rebuild.

Reactions: NB613

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
Wing's fan here to just say I'm jealous of your haul. Stutzle is a game breaker and a half, and Sanderson has a quality that few 18 year old defensemen posess. It may be early and you might not get the comparison but he reminds me a lot of Moritz Seider! Someone who is really sound at defense with a physical side. Sometimes lockdown defense is really fun to watch! Congrats boys, I'll be cheering you on through your rebuild until we're rivals in a few years.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I was hoping for two forwards but Sanderson over Drysdale makes too much sense for where we are at. I approve of the picks.

A bit disappointed in the lack of trades. I had hoped to see some fireworks.

Probably tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2