Injury Report: Jake Muzzin - broken hand - out ~4 weeks

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Amazing how so many wanted to keep "own rentals" for the playoffs in previous years but still in a playoff spot this year, want to be sellers

Difference is that the GM and Pres. clearly did not believe in this group's chances after the loss to the Canes. This was signalled by pulling out of the Bogo sweepstakes, as per Dreger and Bobby Mac.

Worst case, sign Bogo for free, trade Barrie. Who cares how much worse we would be now ? We won't be as good next year once Barrie walks out the door.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Difference is that the GM and Pres. clearly did not believe in this group's chances after the loss to the Canes. This was signalled by pulling out of the Bogo sweepstakes, as per Dreger and Bobby Mac.

Worst case, sign Bogo for free, trade Barrie. Who cares how much worse we would be now ? We won't be as good next year once Barrie walks out the door.

how much better do you honestly believe a player the sabres bought out would be than an actual top 4 dman? of ocurse this season hasnt gone well for barrie but that is still better than a guy who buffalo didnt want any part of. No Bogo wasnt a reason to ship out barrie he would have been a cheap depth piece who by all accounts started getting offers "higher than the leafs were prepared to go on him" Mckenzie said those words you missed them or ignored them

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Nah, people would love it if he was a -2 in his debut game and blasted one of our best players in the groin with a shot

If I am waving the white flag after the Canes humiliation as Dregs and Bobby Mac confirmed, personally I'd rather have Bogo and assets from a Barrie trade. Instead we waved the white flag and kept our own rental. Nobody blows and sucks at the same time as good as Dubas. You are either a buyer or a seller. Dubas was neither.

Reactions: LeafsRus

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Is there a list going somewhere where all these 'same people' are stored?
Keep hearing that the 'same people' would do this or that and interested in who they are.
I agree they do seem irrational.
You probably just fit the list to your narrative. Or its, people I like versus people I don't like. LOL.

Reactions: ACC1224

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
If I am waving the white flag after the Canes humiliation as Dregs and Bobby Mac confirmed, personally I'd rather have Bogo and assets from a Barrie trade. Instead we waved the white flag and kept our own rental. Nobody blows and sucks at the same time as good as Dubas. You are either a buyer or a seller. Dubas was neither.
Pulling out of the running for signing Bogosian isn't waving the white flag, but selling off a good player for scraps sure would be. And plenty of teams stand pat at the deadline, it's not unique to Dubas at all

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
how much better do you honestly believe a player the sabres bought out would be than an actual top 4 dman? of ocurse this season hasnt gone well for barrie but that is still better than a guy who buffalo didnt want any part of. No Bogo wasnt a reason to ship out barrie he would have been a cheap depth piece who by all accounts started getting offers "higher than the leafs were prepared to go on him" Mckenzie said those words you missed them or ignored them

Bogo is no worse than CC and adds some bite to a D that is toothless at the moment. Like I said, if you wave the white flag, you gotta get something for Barrie.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Pulling out of the running for signing Bogosian isn't waving the white flag, but selling off a good player for scraps sure would be. And plenty of teams stand pat at the deadline, it's not unique to Dubas at all

Bullshit. They were clearly interested in Bogo and pulled out after the loss to the Canes and said they would rather give the kids a shot. You can spin it any way you want but if it smells like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a duck.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

I still think once Rielly, Muzzin and Ceci (and Soup too) are back, they can challenge anyone in the playoffs. I don't take the who cares, we're not going anywhere stance and sell Barrie for peanuts. And look at the thread when Bogo was mentioned as a possible option. Most hated the idea

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Bogo is no worse than CC and adds some bite to a D that is toothless at the moment. Like I said, if you wave the white flag, you gotta get something for Barrie.
Maybe they pulled out because the price didn't make sense?

Leafs win a few and get Muzzin, Rielly, and Ceci back before the playoffs is a very plauseable scenario. Especially with Florida pulling off that head scratcher of a trade. Trocheck was a Leaf killer.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Bullshit. They were clearly interested in Bogo and pulled out after the loss to the Canes and said they would rather give the kids a shot. You can spin it any way you want but if it smells like a duck and quaks like a duck, its a duck.
just because the Leafs showed possible interest in him and didn't end up signing him doesn't mean they are waving the white flag. that's ridiculous. Pittsburgh was also reported as interested in Bogosian and then didn't sign him, did they give up on the season too?

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I still think once Rielly, Muzzin and Ceci (and Soup too) are back, they can challenge anyone in the playoffs. I don't take the who cares, we're not going anywhere stance and sell Barrie for peanuts. And look at the thread when Bogo was mentioned as a possible option. Most hated the idea

Clearly the Leafs did not hate the idea because Bobby Mac and Dreger said they were in on Bogo. Sure we will be better once our healthy dmen return but would you rather have Bogo or Lily as your 6th dman down the stretch ?? Worse case he was depth. Funny how Bogo was a good enough add for the Lightning but not the Leafs.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
just because the Leafs showed possible interest in him and didn't end up signing him doesn't mean they are waving the white flag. that's ridiculous. Pittsburgh was also reported as interested in Bogosian and then didn't sign him, did they give up on the season too?

The point is that the Leafs stopped trying to sign him after the loss to the Canes. Tampa subsequently jumped in and signed him.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Clearly the Leafs did not hate the idea because Bobby Mac and Dreger said they were in on Bogo. Sure we will be better once our healthy dmen return but would you rather have Bogo or Lily as your 6th dman down the stretch ?? Worse case he was depth. Funny how Bogo was a good enough add for the Lightning but not the Leafs.
Neither in a perfect world.

But Bogosian looked every bit the pylon he is.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Maybe they pulled out because the price didn't make sense?

Leafs win a few and get Muzzin, Rielly, and Ceci back before the playoffs is a very plauseable scenario. Especially with Florida pulling off that head scratcher of a trade. Trocheck was a Leaf killer.

not maybe this is literally what happened, the insiders said that is the reason

Reactions: kb

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

It's not shocking, some loved Marincin and still do in Leafs Nation. Dubas is way out of his league here.

Reactions: ToneDog

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
The point is that the Leafs stopped trying to sign him after the loss to the Canes. Tampa subsequently jumped in and signed him.

nope, why are you ignoring what really happened. Tampa made their offer and the leafs thought it was too much McKenzie said this on the day

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

I'm confused - sell Barrie cuz it doesn't matter you're not getting any worse and he's leaving after this season
But sign Bogo - a guy who couldn't stay in the Sabres lineup, and a who's leaving after this season. because he'd be so much of a difference make over Barrie?

Reactions: IPS and Walshy7

kb

Aug 28, 2009
not maybe this is literally what happened, the insiders said that is the reason
Thanks, I thought that was the reason too. Just looking at CapFriendly, there would be a real cap crunch again if those 3 came back and the Leafs had signed Bogosian for what TB did.

Reactions: Walshy7

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I'm confused - sell Barrie cuz it doesn't matter you're not getting any worse and he's leaving after this season
But sign Bogo - a guy who couldn't stay in the Sabres lineup, and a who's leaving after this season. because he'd be so much of a difference make over Barrie?

Get assets for Barrie. Sign Bogo to replace him or as a stopgap. Unless Barrie find another gear in the playoffs the Kadri deal is let say not so good. We have 5 dmen who have played a combined fewer games than Barrie. Doesn't shound like an NHL ready dcore to me. Let's see how far this group takes them.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
nope, why are you ignoring what really happened. Tampa made their offer and the leafs thought it was too much McKenzie said this on the day

That is not what I recall hearing from Bobby Mac and Dreger Monday morning at 7:30 am on first up.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
That is not what I heard from Bobby Mac and Dreger Monday morning at 7:30 am on first up.

interesting that is what they said once the deal of bogo to tampa happened on the day, i thought they tweeted it too but i cant find that tweet now. So changing the story are they now?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I don't mind that they kept Barrie, I expected it.
Bogosian or a player of his type should have been brought in as well though.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I don't mind that they kept Barrie, I expected it.
Bogosian or a player of his type should have been brought in as well though.
They needed a player close to league minimum.

I liked DeMelo, but I wonder about the Senator tax.....

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
They needed a player close to league minimum.

I liked DeMelo, but I wonder about the Senator tax.....

what did he end up going for? a 3rd? guaranteed it was a 2nd from the leafs. Actually it would have to have been we have no 3rds this year or next, im not giving up our highest pick in the upcoming draft for a player like that our first pick would have been in the 100's!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad