Injury Report: Jake Muzzin - broken hand - out ~4 weeks

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
When healthy, we do. You seem to have the opinion that an "NHL defensemen" is a top-4 minute-eating defensive rock. That's simply not reality.

Do I have to post all the NHL games and playoff games our current defense has again?! This time I promise to include Holl !

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Bogo was free but Leafs decided to stand pat. I wonder what Dubas would have done if somebody met his ask for Barrie.
I do too. But he knows the market. I think like talking heads were saying if somebody was going to overpay he would have done it. But reality is the other GMs know Barrie's issues. I think Barrie will find it a tough go like Gards did this summer. Look I hope all players get what they want but if I was betting I would take the $5M and under bet on him on AAV per.

Reactions: ToneDog

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I would modify your statement to no reason to defend Dubas when he isn't being criticized.

The OP was just wondering what his original plan was for Marleau, because I doubt it was the way it ended up.
Original plans were explained to you by multiple people, and you scoffed at the idea, as if a simple cap trade to a wide range of possible teams like countless teams have done before was some ridiculous thing. You continue to blame/criticize Dubas for another GM's mistake, and another player's scummy, last minute, restricting decision contrary to his previous decision, when in reality, he handled a difficult situation very well, and minimized the loss of organizational assets.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
It didn't, besides maybe supporting Marner thriving.

He didn't leave it to the last minute. He had countless laid out plans based on the available information. The information and parameters changed last minute that put restrictions on most or all of those plans, so he had to adjust, and he did. That was outside of his control, and he handled it well.

I have only two comments on your post in order to stay within the boundaries of the forum.

1. To think that signing an $11M contract in a cap world was not going have a "domino effect" on other contract decisions is ludicrous. Of course it did.

2. That was the point of the original post......I wondered what one of his "countless plans" would have been that obviously didn't work out. I didn't really expect a definitive answer, but thanks for trying with the trade him "somewhere out west"

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Do I have to post all the NHL games and playoff games our current defense has again?!
Do I have to post their healthy defense's experience again?
When healthy, their games of experience looks like:

(536)-(569)
(636)-(75)
(165)-(519)
(228)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. There's also nothing wrong with having the next two options be two of the best defensive prospects in the world that are ready to play at an NHL level.
You can say it's not about the 3 simultaneous injuries, but it's very much about that. Our experience on the back end when healthy and our defensive depth is perfectly normal. We have 2500 games of experience in our healthy top 6.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Original plans were explained to you by multiple people, and you scoffed at the idea,

Really? Can you let me know which "multiple people" did this, perhaps I don't see their posts.

Actually, if I didn't see the posts, I couldn't have scoffed at them.

Never mind

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
1. To think that signing an $11M contract in a cap world was not going have a "domino effect" on other contract decisions is ludicrous.
One was a UFA. The others were RFAs coming off of their ELCs. The situations were completely different, and Tavares' contract was not a factor in any of the RFA negotiations. This is a false narrative that fans have applied.
2. That was the point of the original post......I wondered what one of his "countless plans" would have been that obviously didn't work out.
And one that was entirely reasonable was given to you, by multiple people, yet you refuse to accept it, for reasons you have not explained.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I get that it's easy for misinterpretations in this communication format, but this is at a whole new level.
If you're talking about it necessitating other moves at some point, then of course, but nothing anywhere close to as big of a negative as getting Tavares was a positive. And Dubas had plans for managing the cap that weren't all that complicated until a last minute reversal by somebody else that restricted pretty much all possibilities; after which he still dealt with it very well and minimized organizational loss of assets.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
If you're talking about it necessitating other moves at some point, then of course, but nothing anywhere close to as big of a negative as getting Tavares was a positive. And Dubas had plans for managing the cap that weren't all that complicated until a last minute reversal by somebody else that restricted pretty much all possibilities; after which he still dealt with it very well and minimized organizational loss of assets.

Look Kyle, if you werent so busy on here defending yourself, you could have added some much needed depth on the blueline.:popcorn:

Reactions: egd27

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
If you're talking about it necessitating other moves at some point, then of course,but nothing anywhere close to as big of a negative as getting Tavares was a positive. And Dubas had plans for managing the cap that weren't all that complicated until a last minute reversal by somebody else that restricted pretty much all possibilities; after which he still dealt with it very well and minimized organizational loss of assets.

You got it now. Well done

Reactions: ACC1224

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
You got it now. Well done
So your entire point was that bringing Tavares here necessitated other decisions in the future, like all transactions do in the NHL? Seems like a weird thing to go out of your way to say in a Muzzin injury thread, when overall, signing Tavares was a pretty substantial net positive for the team, subsequent implications included.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
So your entire point was that bringing Tavares here necessitated other decisions in the future, like all transactions do in the NHL? Seems like a weird thing to go out of your way to say in a Muzzin injury thread, when overall, signing Tavares was a pretty substantial net positive for the team, subsequent implications included.

Well no, but with your help, that's where it ended up. So let's end it there.

Sign a big contract, make plans to accommodate it.

Reactions: ACC1224

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Dubassssss is an idiot for not picking up a Dman.
With the amount of injuries we have had.
What a f***ing doorknob.
I really want this prick gone .

Gustafson for a f***ing 3 Rd
Holzer
Hainsey

Any of this players would have been worth it in case of an injury.
Great forward thinking

If you hate Barrie, you sure as hell would lose your mind with Gustafson.

You also realise that it takes two teams to make a trade. The fact that Hainsey wasn't moved is a clear indication that Ottawa values him more helping Chabot than a pick.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
So you're saying Sandin and Liljegren aren't good young players because they are getting low amounts of minutes?

Two is lots?

So when you have a birthday party and only your Mom and dad show up , you tell people you had "lots" of friends show up? ;)

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
Two can be as bad as one
It's the loneliest number since the number one

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
In fairness he said when healthy.

#2 Rielly
#3 Muzzin
#4 Barrie
#5 Dermott, CC
#5/6 Holl, Sandin, Lily
#7 Marincin, Rosen

Like your rankings but Marincin should have concessions or ticket scalper next to his name ... its the only thing he should ever do in or around a hockey rink.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad