Value of: Jake Guentzel

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I think Vegas makes a ton of sense with this. Brisson and Dorofeyev as the main pieces for Guentzel makes a lot of sense to me.

My guess is that the targets would be:

-Vancouver: Hoglander and one of Raty and Podkolzin
-Vegas: Brisson and Dorofeyev
-Florida: Lundell? I don't know what else they have
-Edmonton: Holloway

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
WTF??? why are we giving you Petts for basically free? he's another player that has good trade value.
That's very bad for the Penguins. That value alone isn't that far off from Guentzel with an extension alone.

Mikheyev, Lekkerimaki and a 2025 1st for Guentzel with an extension seems reasonable, which leaves a 2nd and 3rd for Pettersson.
Canucks add Willander but snatch 2nd round pick and 3rd round pick back

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
I think for Vancouver Mikheyev has to be included for cap reasons. Since one roster player is gone, it’s highly unlikely two will be included in the deal because JR and PA doesn’t want to disrupt chemistry.

Saying that I think Canucks best offer is Mikheyev, Podkolzin and Raty given that PIT wants two prospects.

That’s for JG as a rental.

Reactions: David71

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Canucks add Willander but snatch 2nd round pick and 3rd round pick back
Giving up Willander and Lekkerimaki would be insanity from a Canucks perspective. Really feel like any deal for Guentzel from the Canucks would be giving assets we'd rather not give up at this point for a rental.

Reactions: David71 and gianni

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think for Vancouver Mikheyev has to be included for cap reasons. Since one roster player is gone, it’s highly unlikely two will be included in the deal because JR and PA doesn’t want to disrupt chemistry.

Saying that I think Canucks best offer is Mikheyev, Podkolzin and Raty given that PIT wants two prospects.

That’s for JG as a rental.

That's not even close to enough for Guentzel.

Hoglander would almost definitely be included in any Vancouver deal.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Giving up Willander and Lekkerimaki would be insanity from a Canucks perspective. Really feel like any deal for Guentzel from the Canucks would be giving assets we'd rather not give up at this point for a rental.
Empoleon from Pittsburgh commands one or two of these prospects

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
That's not even close to enough for Guentzel.

Hoglander would almost definitely be included in any Vancouver deal.
That’s fine, I would probably try and acquire Toffoli. Hoglander is pacing for 20+ goals at 1.1M next year - i’m not including him. He’s a big reason we’re successful this year - depth on all four lines.

Reactions: Peter Griffin

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
LEKK among such teams seems to be the best prospect. Maybe I'm wrong, not familiar with all the high end prospect for western conference foes. In any case Id prefer LEKK and a draft pick to some of these other deals bantered about.

Reactions: Bipo01

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
With Myers hurt, would adding in POJ (someone JR really liked) move the Nuck's needle on Lekkerimaki at all?

Jake+POJ for Lekkerimaki+Podkolzin+cap dump of Vancouver's choosing

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The more I think about teams in on Guentzel, the more I'm all-in on trading him to Vegas. I don't even particularly care about the pick, getting Brisson and Dorofeyev for Guentzel is a trade I'm really happy with if they could pull it off.

Brisson slides into Guentzel's spot with Crosby while Dorofeyev slides into Smith's spot (when he's traded for a pick) with Malkin. Both guys get a really promising young winger to mentor and it should help them much sooner than a 1st would.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
At this point I think Carolina is the best partner.

Scott Morrow + choice Of Bradley Nadeau/Vasily Ponomarev for Jake Guentzel

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Wanting prospects over picks brings Edmonton back in business.
Holland wasn't gonna give up 1st+ for Guentzel(rental) but Broberg+ is doable

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Give me Hague or Korczak over Dorofeyev.

I really like Hague so I wouldn't mind that. Brisson is the big piece I want, I'd want to immediately slide him onto Crosby's LW and have him replace Guentzel. Looking at Korczak though, I may prefer him due to him being a RD and Letang and Karlsson not being young or durable.

Dorofeyev would just add a good winger to play with Malkin going forward.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Wanting prospects over picks brings Edmonton back in business.
Holland wasn't gonna give up 1st+ for Guentzel(rental) but Broberg+ is doable
Actaully, I think the Pens wanting prospects takes Edmomton out of it, especially if they want two. Holloway+Broberg, not sure I see them doing. Past those two, I don't think any combination that moves the needle for the Penguins.

Edmonton's 1st and 2nd this year and their 1st next year I thought were their best assets.

Reactions: domaug

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Canucks called up Podkolzin today, they need some help to cover injuries but it could also be for scouting.

With Pettersson re-signed and Myers out, I think the Canucks are looking pretty hard.

1st, Podkolzin, Mikheyev and some of Lekk/Elias Pettersson Jr/Willander for Guentzel and Marcus Pettersson?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad