Waived: Jake Dotchin on Unconditional Waivers

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
As usual Leaf fans are exhibiting their standard persecution complex with that. I haven’t looked at those hits since last year but as I recall there was one that was clearly over the line while the rest were either perfectly fine or in a gray area. It’s a shame when players get injured but he comes across as a guy who plays with an edge and made a bad decision on one hit rather than a player who is clearly and consistently dirty (like a Marchand.)

Marchand is a dirt bag too. Clearly over the line? Some of them could have put guys out for months easily and not just the Leaf ones. He looked like a guy with no sense out there...

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
25% is around what? A ~35" waist? There's been far fatter NHL players who didn't get their contracts terminated.

buffffffffweddddd.jpg

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
25% is doughy for the average person, let alone a pro athlete. I could see Tampa winning this fight if that's true.

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
Perhaps the lighting, clothing, or angle of this photo are just particularly unflattering, but Byfuglien looks to be roughly 40% body fat in this photo.
All you have to do is look at the hand on that guy's shoulder on the opposite side of the picture from Byfuglien to see how distorted that picture is away from the middle. That said, Buff has definitely seen 25% bodyfat in his rear view mirror during the off season in the past.

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

varano

Jun 27, 2013
All you have to do is look at the hand on that guy's shoulder on the opposite side of the picture from Byfuglien to see how distorted that picture is away from the middle. That said, Buff has definitely seen 25% bodyfat in his rear view mirror during the off season in the past.
Haha wow good eye!

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
As usual Leaf fans are exhibiting their standard persecution complex with that. I haven’t looked at those hits since last year but as I recall there was one that was clearly over the line while the rest were either perfectly fine or in a gray area. It’s a shame when players get injured but he comes across as a guy who plays with an edge and made a bad decision on one hit rather than a player who is clearly and consistently dirty (like a Marchand.)

#1: To the bolded - You're obviously clueless.
#2: His predatory stuff with Toronto goes all the way back to the AHL.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010

Yeah, he's so full of character your team just terminated him.

Even if you ignore the late knee on knee with Matthews, or the Kapanen injury, he took out a player for 6 months with a dirty hit which got him suspended. Fans dislike players all the time over a single hit. Stop being so dramatic.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
25% is around what? A ~35" waist? There's been far fatter NHL players who didn't get their contracts terminated.

buffffffffweddddd.jpg

I'll bet the conditioning measuring stick varies depending on what the player brings to the team. An established dman who regularly puts up double digits in goals and tops 50pts probably gets some relaxed standards compared to a bottom pairing depth guy still trying to make his mark.

Then again, IIRC, Derek Boogaard apparently showed up to his first (and only :( ) Rangers camp over 300lbs and the team didn't punish him (or it's not publicly known).

My guess is that the conditioning issue isn't the Lightnings only issue with Dotchin, but the 2nd year in a row of TC conditioning issues gives them an easy way to wash their hands of him.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
How do you even gain 30-35 lbs in one summer? Did he eat breakfast, lunch and dinner(+dessert) at the Cheesecake Factory daily?

Some of those slices of cheesecake have almost a full day's worth of calories in them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad