Waived: Jake Dotchin on Unconditional Waivers

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
How do you even gain 30-35 lbs in one summer? Did he eat breakfast, lunch and dinner(+dessert) at the Cheesecake Factory daily?

If he's normally 210, gaining 30 pounds over 3 months isn't that hard to believe. When he's playing at 210, he's working out with the team, eating with the team (at times) and burning off tons of calories in games, etc... If he's not putting in any time at the gym, and starts eating/drinking more garbage food, not doing much, etc.... gaining 10 lbs. a month for a guy his size shouldn't be hard.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
ottawa should take him because he will be really really really cheap and we will have nothing to lose

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Jake Dotchin reading tweets about Ottawa wanting to sign him

tenor.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

What was his playing weight supposed to weigh? If he's 6'3", I'd guess 205-215 lbs for him.

I'm just going to be happy that I'm in better shape than a NHL player, or rather a former NHL player :laugh:

A former teammate speaks out in Dotchin's defense. You have to wonder if the NHLPA will have a say over this termination.

What is Sustr even trying to say there? Why he's overweight and out of shape? Just go look at all of the **** he stuffed in his mouth.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
What is Sustr even trying to say there? Why he's overweight and out of shape? Just go look at all of the **** he stuffed in his mouth.
I think it's pretty clear that Sustr is suggesting that this is a depression issue. Which, if that's true, the NHLPA needs to speak up about this on the side of Dotchin.
It could be a variety of issues, there is no need to just slam the guy. But yes, it's the internet and you're a warrior.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think it's pretty clear that Sustr is suggesting that this is a depression issue. Which, if that's true, the NHLPA needs to speak up about this on the side of Dotchin.
It could be a variety of issues, there is no need to just slam the guy. But yes, it's the internet and you're a warrior.

I feel like Tampa Bay wouldn't be releasing Dotchin if it was a depression issue, so that would be a very convenient excuse when he was warned about this last year (supposedly).

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
I feel like Tampa Bay wouldn't be releasing Dotchin if it was a depression issue, so that would be a very convenient excuse when he was warned about this last year (supposedly).
I'm not saying he didn't eat too much and just become unconditioned. I'm just saying for a former teammate to come out and say something that heavily implies that it's a health issue besides stuffing his face, then you have to ask why? Why is Sustr is doing damage control? Does he hate the Lightning brass that much?

In my mind for someone to speak out about it the way Sustr did, something seems off.

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
25% is around what? A ~35" waist? There's been far fatter NHL players who didn't get their contracts terminated.

buffffffffweddddd.jpg

25% isn't a 35 waist unless you're some kind of midget. I'm 6'2 and was at around 200-205 lbs, 12-13% body fat and a size 34 waist when I was working out a lot. Now I'm leaner, maybe 10% body fat, 185lbs and am still only a 32 waist. 25% body far would probably be like a 40 or 42 waist. And I have no idea how any pro athlete could put on an extra 30 lbs of fat in a summer. That's straight up insane. He must have been eating an extra 2000+ calories a day.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018

If it is depression I have way more respect for Dotchin than I have ever had. Not because he's suffering from depression, but because he didn't do the 2018 trendy thing and come out and announce his mental illness. I swear, people are making real issues out to be trendy. So many people in Silicon Valley are coming out and saying they have all these weird issues. People are even becoming transabled (they're purposefully blinding themselves, amputating their extremities, because they think its cool when celebs and athletes are coming out and showcasing their illnesses). This world is messed up, but again +1 for Dotchin for not just coming out and saying that if that is the reason.

Reactions: DarthProbert

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I love this. Show guys that they better be in shape. That's what pissed me off about guys. In Edmonton, Mark Fayne even showed up to camp in bad shape and he's supposed to be a leader.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
25% isn't a 35 waist unless you're some kind of midget. I'm 6'2 and was at around 200-205 lbs, 12-13% body fat and a size 34 waist when I was working out a lot. Now I'm leaner, maybe 10% body fat, 185lbs and am still only a 32 waist. 25% body far would probably be like a 40 or 42 waist. And I have no idea how any pro athlete could put on an extra 30 lbs of fat in a summer. That's straight up insane. He must have been eating an extra 2000+ calories a day.

When "waist" is used when referring to bf% it's naval measurement, not pant size. I agree though, 35 is too low, probably closer to 38-40 range. His weight gain was probably due to drinking heavily, maybe self-medicating...

Navy bf% calc's are surprisingly accurate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad