Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
my biggest worry in Donny is going to make a another Jimmy Hayes type move for a big forward who gets pushed off the puck easily
I’ve always thought that Neely was the one who was behind the Beleskey and Hayes acquisitions considering he seems to favor guys with size over skill.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Wheeler got you a cup. I’m not dogged by that trade.

I'm glad we made the trade too, but it doesn't change the point that the Boston fan base largely thought Wheeler sucked because he was 6'5 and didn't hit people, and they made sure he knew it at every turn. I remember watching a game live toward the end and he would literally get booed when he touched the puck. He's basically gone on to put up a ppg since that trade and become a captain.

Reactions: Mione134

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Still something in pit my stomach says he won't be a bruin in October and will go on to be very effective elsewhere.
I have that feeling, too. I like Debrusk, but his days here are numbered it seems.

That said... for once, hopefully a deal can be a win-win situation, instead of the Bruins giving up assets for something that amounts to nothing.

No rentals, no aging players. Overpay for the right guy if need be, but stop paying little bits here and there for bandaids is my opinion.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
I'm glad we made the trade too, but it doesn't change the point that the Boston fan base largely thought Wheeler sucked because he was 6'5 and didn't hit people, and they made sure he knew it at every turn. I remember watching a game live toward the end and he would literally get booed when he touched the puck. He's basically gone on to put up a ppg since that trade and become a captain.
There's a lot of things that could have went down as awful trades had the Bruins not won in 2011. Wheeler is definitely someone that we could have used for many years, if people got by his tendencies to go off-sides.

That said, I obviously wouldn't have changed that outcome, but of the whatifs of the world... keeping Wheeler long term means Bruins aren't constantly finding Krejci a winger. Means we aren't dumbing down the return of Seguin to dump the Peverley contract. Maybe 2011 doesn't work, but different outcomes in other years in an alternate universe could of had Bruins champs in different years.

Reactions: KnightofBoston

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
my biggest worry in Donny is going to make a another Jimmy Hayes type move for a big forward who gets pushed off the puck easily
Bruins really just need to get more net-wins in trades. The Hall trade is probably the only one that legitimately has shaped the current team in a positive way since Sweeney's tenure, and that's because Hall basically forced his way here.

I'm definitely not against trades, but definitely no more Jimmy Hayes type acquisitions. No more picks to move bad contracts. No more picks/prospects for aging and/or injury riddled players.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Bruins really just need to get more net-wins in trades. The Hall trade is probably the only one that legitimately has shaped the current team in a positive way since Sweeney's tenure, and that's because Hall basically forced his way here.

I'm definitely not against trades, but definitely no more Jimmy Hayes type acquisitions. No more picks to move bad contracts. No more picks/prospects for aging and/or injury riddled players.
Not wins but a hockey trade where both teams benefit.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Not wins but a hockey trade where both teams benefit.
I'm fine with the other team winning, too. The Bruins just can't LOSE on the asset exchange long term. I don't mind giving up value as long as we get something back a bit more long term than we've seemed to have done. If the other team is happy with it, sure, but the important thing is the Bruins are.

Reactions: chizzler

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Donny should have played the powerball the day the Hall trade fell into his lap. I'd see if Debrusk can get off to a hot start and then deal him at the deadline, his value now is so low its not worth it at the moment in my opinion

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Well considering people on here think Jake is a "loser" and trash. I'm sure getting the actual trash that is Kadri,would make those people happy.

I don't think JDB is "a loser." I think he doesn't belong on the Bruins and could use a change of scenery.

Kadri, on the other hand, is a knucklhead. If you looked up the term in a dictionary, it would feature his picture. I would not want this guy on my team, ever, even if they gave him away for a bag of pucks.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I don't think JDB is "a loser." I think he doesn't belong on the Bruins and could use a change of scenery.

Kadri, on the other hand, is a knucklhead. If you looked up the term in a dictionary, it would feature his picture. I would not want this guy on my team, ever, even if they gave him away for a bag of pucks.
You may not think he's a loser or want him to be traded for a bag of pucks, but you will find many who DO think that way.

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
You may not think he's a loser or want him to be traded for a bag of pucks, but you will find many who DO think that way.

I have been as disapraging in my remarks about Jake as many. Primarily, going back through his entire career in Boston, it's been about inconsistancy for me.

Even when he was scoring, he was inconsistant. He's a streaky player, at best, and however talented, if you can't rely on a player, they are ultimately of no use.

He's only 24, I believe, and should get a shot somewhere else. If the Bruins can get some kind of value for him, that wouled be great. Unfortunately, his value is very low at present. That means either the B's sell low and cut their losses, or wait awhile to see if he rebounds. Neither option is ideal.

Also, with the free agent signings, DeBrusk's value to the Bruins roster has also decreased.

If I could trade him today for something worthwhile, I would.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I wouldn’t give up on Debrusk. I’d give him another year to turn it around. There does seem to be a road block ahead of him in regards to where he plays in the lineup. He’s probably the 3rd or 4th line LW depending on where Cassidy puts the new additions, which will make it harder to reach his previous scoring totals from before last season, but I expect an overall better season from him next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad