Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
He's playing well in the playoffs. As someone who does not get a chance to watch a lot of Bruin games, what happened to DeBrusk's stats in recent years?
Covid took a toll on him mentally last year and this year. He had 19 goals before the shutdown. Coming into this season, the isolation, him being single, really messed him up. His mental health suffered. He looked and sounded depressed. Then he caught covid. So more isolation. He sat a few games. Game back. Worked his way back. Started to get his game back and the smile back on his face before the playoffs. As vaccines happened and restrictions are being lifted we've seen a big change. He's back to being himself. Playoff Jake is here to stay.

This whole pandemic has really messed people up. I give every player having a down year a pass because of it. I am SO happy he's back to the player we know and love. He's been so great.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Covid took a toll on him mentally last year and this year. He had 19 goals before the shutdown. Coming into this season, the isolation, him being single, really messed him up. His mental health suffered. He looked and sounded depressed. Then he caught covid. So more isolation. He sat a few games. Game back. Worked his way back. Started to get his game back and the smile back on his face before the playoffs. As vaccines happened and restrictions are being lifted we've seen a big change. He's back to being himself. Playoff Jake is here to stay.

This whole pandemic has really messed people up. I give every player having a down year a pass because of it. I am SO happy he's back to the player we know and love. He's been so great.
Thanks!

A couple years ago, I thought he might actually be on Team Canada at the 2022 Olympics - as a left winger who can score. Sadly, it hasn't happened. Maybe he will set the world on fire in the Fall.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
He's playing well in the playoffs. As someone who does not get a chance to watch a lot of Bruin games, what happened to DeBrusk's stats in recent years?
He just had a tough season. It happens. You know how bruins fans are. Super hard on players. Debrusk is as streaky as any 20 goal player. But so far in his career he has really shown up in the playoffs. Debrusk is young too. It’s amazing to see just how young this line up is. Basically only krecji and Bergeron are getting up there in age.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I still get frustrated by that regular season lack of effort/focus when we see him play like he`s capable of in the post season but sure like seeing what I saw on the highlight reel tonight

Coyle too
Debrusk is always a great playoff player. I agree he was mediocre at best this season amd often invisible. But who knows maybe he played through an injury or something. Maybe his wife was cheating on him with her pool boy. All that matters is that he gets his shit together and puts it all together nicely in a bag or something. Because it’s time to get that trophy! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Debrusk is always a great playoff player. I agree he was mediocre at best this season amd often invisible. But who knows maybe he played through an injury or something. Maybe his wife was cheating on him with her pool boy. All that matters is that he gets his shit together and puts it all together nicely in a bag or something. Because it’s time to get that trophy! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Every year teams hope to pick up someone like him at the trade deadline. So if he is on the team there is no need to trade assets for him.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
He just had a tough season. It happens. You know how bruins fans are. Super hard on players. Debrusk is as streaky as any 20 goal player. But so far in his career he has really shown up in the playoffs. Debrusk is young too. It’s amazing to see just how young this line up is. Basically only krecji and Bergeron are getting up there in age.
Marchand is no kid anymore. :)

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That third line isn't getting a lot of ice time but they're holding up pretty well. Debrusk and Coyle have booth produced big goals. Ritchie seems to be having a tough time getting involved oddly enough.

Debrusk is a good playoff performer, raises his game when it matters. I think now that we have enough depth to put him on the third line, he'll get more favorable matchups. As great as Krejci is, Debrusk and Krejci was always more of a match of necessity more than one of chemistry. He and Coyle are both north-south players, it works well.

member 96824

Scored, created chances when not scoring, killed penalties, pressured on the forecheck.

Did everything and THEN some that detractors were calling for.

Not shocking he's raised his game for playoffs
Not shocking to learn that he wasn't going to be a low-energy, 2.9% career shooter for the rest of his life.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He was the Jake we all know he can be in Round 1. Optimistic that he and the 3rd line continue to play well into round 2.

Yep- I have been pretty critical of Jake and still believe he was playing (or not playing) himself right out of town at one point. I am glad to see him doing his thing out there. I hope he keeps it up as he can play a really important role in the bottom 6 for the Bruins. I also won't be surprised if he vanishes again, but for now, glad to see it and hope it sticks this time.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I hope you're right but, unfortunately, time waits for no man.

True. Marchand is at his absolute peak right now, and he is not likely to be one of the top 5-10 players in the league for another 6-7 years. But he should be able to be a very good player for another 5-7 years. Biggest concern is the cheap shots against him

Reactions: TCB and ORRFForever

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Yep- I have been pretty critical of Jake and still believe he was playing (or not playing) himself right out of town at one point. I am glad to see him doing his thing out there. I hope he keeps it up as he can play a really important role in the bottom 6 for the Bruins. I also won't be surprised if he vanishes again, but for now, glad to see it and hope it sticks this time.

This is pretty much where I'm at. Really glad he's started to come out of his shell again and put in some good performances - happy Jake is one of the nicer things to see on the Bruins bench - but it's one series so I'm certainly not considering him 'back' yet. Beyond this season I still look at him as a potential trade piece for the right deal. But right now all that matters is that he and Coyle are the most important players in our bottom 6 so I really hope both continue to kick on into the next round.

Reactions: Dr Hook

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

people have a tendency to look at athletes as commodities and not individuals who can be impacted by real life things. I know I’m guilty of that from time to time

exhibit A for this fanbase is Tuukka last year

I’m just glad Jake’s found the energy/purpose his game was missing. He’s a lot of fun when he’s going well

Reactions: hrdpuk and Mione134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad