Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I do believe he has the skills, the will I have not seen in a couple of years.
This, he has become a perimeter player with very little drive. No place for that on a team that doesn't have the skill to win by itself. If they are going to do anything this year (besides lose a lot) they need the DeBrusks to put in a full effort. I don't like Pasta taking games off with little effort and you can pencil him in for 40 goals if healthy, DeBrusk has no where near that skill or drive to be a scorer, he doesn't have enough grit or toughness to be a bottom six player so what does he bring to the team for his cap hit? He is quickly heading down the Ryan Spooner European tour route if he doesn't wake up.

Reactions: Estlin and lopey

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
We don't beat Washington without him. And I very much disagree with you saying the kid is a "giant" disappointment. Like he's a Zach Hamill.

The way he played for the last 12 months is an epic collapse,he might not make a European team. The only way he got ice time was due to hope, not merit. I can't believe how weak he was on his skates,and his game has no intensity or bite. The Bs beat Wash in 5 games,maybe without Jake they win in 4,or6 or 7.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The way he played for the last 12 months is an epic collapse,he might not make a European team[/B]. The only way he got ice time was due to hope, not merit. I can't believe how weak he was on his skates,and his game has no intensity or bite. The Bs beat Wash in 5 games,maybe without Jake they win in 4,or6 or 7.

This I can not agree with. Clearly this is an overreaction to the 12 months of a pandemic laced season filled with mental health issues, contracting covid, getting covid side effects, battling those mental health issues. The isolation. That's what we all saw. If you genuinely think he can't make a European team then idk what to tell you.

There are many stiffs still playing on the NHL and you don't think Jake can play on any nhl team. That's insane to me. The kid is going to rebound whether he's here or not. But my goodness. Thinking he might not make a European team... thats...that's some opinion there. You are entitled to it but wow.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I mean I like him in the mix and he'll have some new linemates to try out.

Feel like he deserves a fresh start but why trade a player his age unless its a deal where he is not the best player in the deal. If we make a big move its almost a forgone conclusion he'd be in it to match cap hits alone at least.

Free agents were signed as replacements for him though lets be honest here.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
This I can not agree with. Clearly this is an overreaction to the 12 months of a pandemic laced season filled with mental health issues, contracting covid, getting covid side effects, battling those mental health issues. The isolation. That's what we all saw. If you genuinely think he can't make a European team then idk what to tell you.

There are many stiffs still playing on the NHL and you don't think Jake can play on any nhl team. That's insane to me. The kid is going to rebound whether he's here or not. But my goodness. Thinking he might not make a European team... thats...that's some opinion there. You are entitled to it but wow.
Well,you need to learn that hyperbole breeds hyperbole,when you reached for Zach Hamill I reached for Europe. DeBrusk didn't endure anything that every NHL player didn't,and without a wife and children to worry about. His mental makeup was challenged by covid and the benchings ,and he couldn't rise,he folded. And his skating can't be defended,he was on his ass so often I wondered if he was on wheels. A truly mediocre player with no high end skills,will never score 20 with a third line center.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Really pulling for this kid.

He doesn't have a great shot or really any one-on-one skills IMO. He HAS to go all out, full speed ahead to be effective. And if he gets set up he HAS to finish.

My faith in him is faltering but I want to believe. He's very fun to watch when he's on.

Reactions: Mione134

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Still something in pit my stomach says he won't be a bruin in October and will go on to be very effective elsewhere.

Much like Blake Wheeler and Reilly Smith and other talented players this fan base constantly dogged, but went on to be excellent elsewhere. Look out for Anders Bjork too.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Still something in pit my stomach says he won't be a bruin in October and will go on to be very effective elsewhere.

It's an interesting "what if?" question. If Jake gets sent out in a trade and thrives elsewhere it doesn't necessarily mean he would have done so here. It's like the Reilly Smith comp. Smith did well after he left, but who's to say he would have achieved that here? Coaches, teammates, linemates, systems, personal issues are all variables that can make a difference.

Reactions: Blowfish

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
As recently as last weekend, he was involved in trade talks for a center. So much so, that the teams got as far as exchanging medical records (yes, that is common).
He has to be. He’s the obvious trade chip.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Much like Blake Wheeler and Reilly Smith and other talented players this fan base constantly dogged, but went on to be excellent elsewhere. Look out for Anders Bjork too.
Wheeler got you a cup. I’m not dogged by that trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->