Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Jake is core as far as I'm concerned. I don't think it's any accident that Krejci is playing some his best hockey in years. He has been more engaged consistently this season than he has been in, hell, I cannot even remember. Jake is a sparkplug who never stops moving or giving full effort. He's a hard charger and well-rounded. He's perfect to be on one of Krejci's wings. Ideally a speedy scoring winger on the other wing would be great. Hopefully Heinen can get things going goal-wise and help that line go to another level. The Bs are an additional good center and scoring winger away from being a serious Cup contender. Are those two players already here? Time will tell I suppose.

Reactions: BiGBear8

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I don't see Horton at all. Jake is so fast and shifty, he's a great fore checker. His game is all about speed whereas Hortons was all about being big and creating space.

In any case, love this kid. I pray he stays for good with us. He embodies the new NHL, he's fearless and creative, quick and plays smart. I said it before the season but I see 30 for him, even after the slow start it's still in the cards for him

I don't see it, either. He reminds me of Zach Parise, actually.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Oh, he’s 100% core, zero doubts about it. This is the kind of player every team pines for. I’m sure other teams have asked about his availability and Sweeney basically tells them to take a hike.

Reactions: Flannelman

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Looks great on the right side, which has been a great surprise. All offseason it was who of Donato, Bjork, and Heinen will flip to their offside to fill that roll, who woulda thunk Jake would be the answer.

WillyFirstofhisName

Mar 1, 2016
Hey guys. Coming in peace. Just wondering how well Debrusk is doing. I drafted him high for my fantasy team. Haven't caught enough of your games but Im getting the impression he's playing much better than the stats indicate. I'm pretty conflicted right now. Have to choose to drop one of Labanc, Svechnikov, or him.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Hey guys. Coming in peace. Just wondering how well Debrusk is doing. I drafted him high for my fantasy team. Haven't caught enough of your games but Im getting the impression he's playing much better than the stats indicate. I'm pretty conflicted right now. Have to choose to drop one of Labanc, Svechnikov, or him.

He has a bad game mixed in every now and then, but he’s basically always a threat. Statistically, he had a slow start, but even that has started to pick up.

He’s on pace for about 30 right now and, barring injury, I don’t see that as unrealistic at all. He’s got a great shot and is deadly with any amount of open ice.

Reactions: WillyFirstofhisName

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Playing great hockey. Could have a few more goals/points as he had some bad luck earlier in the season ( posts, great saves by opposing goaltender ) but overall, very happy with his production and play. The kid plays every shift like it's his last.

Reactions: WillyFirstofhisName

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Has been snoozing the past three games....just doesn't look interested

So many players expected to make an impact... just sleep walking these days. Not crashing the net, paying the price to block the goalies view

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Has been snoozing the past three games....just doesn't look interested

So many players expected to make an impact... just sleep walking these days. Not crashing the net, paying the price to block the goalies view

He needs to sit out a game. I feel like he thinks he belongs

Reactions: rocketdan9

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
He’s in a slump just like the rest. In fact he’s not as impactful as some claim here. He’s had his ups and downs for sure.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
He’s in a slump just like the rest. In fact he’s not as impactful as some claim here. He’s had his ups and downs for sure.
Well that what you get from 22 year old. Remember this kid has most likely been playing hurt since getting hit in the head during the last Leafs Bruins game. Its about time they let him sit out

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
any new updates on jake
Per Cassidy yesterday-
Jake DeBrusk is “feeling better, going in right direction” but is in concussion protocol.

Not to sound sassy, but you should check the Bruins Injury thread for updates on players injuries.

Everyone chimes in and the info is kept up to date and comes in fast. It's definitely worth checking out when you're looking for this info IMO.

Reactions: BiGBear8

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
Per Cassidy yesterday-
Jake DeBrusk is “feeling better, going in right direction” but is in concussion protocol.

Not to sound sassy, but you should check the Bruins Injury thread for updates on players injuries.

Everyone chimes in and the info is kept up to date and comes in fast. It's definitely worth checking out when you're looking for this info IMO.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad