Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He's a snipah

He loves the "moment" . I can see a handful of clutch goals

Example a nasty boring 1-1 game where no team can get anything going. Debrusk is the type of guy that wants to change that and break through the wall. I dig this attitude about him

Reactions: Fopppa

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Who gets more goals ? More points ?
DeBrusk
Donato
Heinen

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Debrusk gets the most goals, I think. Otherwise I'd say it's probably safe to assume that they're all around the 40-45 point marker right now.

Though is Heinen or Donato somehow play with Marchy and Bergy, that could change instantaneously. I think 45-50 is a good, hopeful expectation of Jake, all things considered. I like the kid a lot. I love his non-stop engine. I hope the other young kids trying to force their way onto the main roster have similar engines.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
He loves the "moment" . I can see a handful of clutch goals

Example a nasty boring 1-1 game where no team can get anything going. Debrusk is the type of guy that wants to change that and break through the wall. I dig this attitude about him

So much this, creating turnovers taking shots, it's all him in the moment feeding off it.

Reactions: rocketdan9

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
high end 27-37=64
low end 20-28=48

After watching him in the playoffs and today, I just can't see him regressing from last year. I think it'll be closer to the high end.
I think he sees the talent knocking on the door and knows he needs to bust his behind to stay on the 2nd line, everything he has done has shown a ton of work ethic to be the best.

PelleLindbergh

Feb 13, 2018
high end 27-37=64
low end 20-28=48

After watching him in the playoffs and today, I just can't see him regressing from last year. I think it'll be closer to the high end.
Man can he shoot, and he is so good close in too, does alot of his damage within feet of the goalie!!!

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Who gets more goals ? More points ?
DeBrusk
Donato
Heinen

Wow that's a tough one. I tried to put some kind of math behind these (A/G ratio, S% and projected shots), but I'm sure this won't even be close lol.

Player Goals Assist Pts
Heinen
20​
42​
61​
DeBrusk
20​
38​
58​
Donato
26​
23​
49​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Wow that's a tough one. I tried to put some kind of math behind these (A/G ratio, S% and projected shots), but I'm sure this won't even be close lol.

Player Goals Assist Pts
Heinen
20​
42​
61​
DeBrusk
20​
38​
58​
Donato
26​
23​
49​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

If this happens we're winning the Cup

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If this happens we're winning the Cup

Lets hope it happens. At first when I look at this I was thinking no way. Then I looked at it again to compare apples and apples. The projections are based on a full 82 games (which they may not play). This is what each guy was on pace for last year over 82 games

*Anything above .5 I round up and .5 or less I round down

DeBrusk - 19G/32A
2018 Proj Diff - 1G/6A

Heinen - 17G/33A
2018 Proj Diff - 3G/9A

I didn't include Donato because his base line again is only 12 games. I do think Donato gets the look on the 1st PP in that jammer role that Nash played last year. He also is a guy that could see more TOI when the team is looking to come from behind. With that (and assuming DeBrusk/Heinen play all 82 games). Is it really crazy to think that DeBrusk and Heinen couldn't increase there production by 13% and 22% respectively?

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Lets hope it happens. At first when I look at this I was thinking no way. Then I looked at it again to compare apples and apples. The projections are based on a full 82 games (which they may not play). This is what each guy was on pace for last year over 82 games

*Anything above .5 I round up and .5 or less I round down

DeBrusk - 19G/32A
2018 Proj Diff - 1G/6A

Heinen - 17G/33A
2018 Proj Diff - 3G/9A

I didn't include Donato because his base line again is only 12 games. I do think Donato gets the look on the 1st PP in that jammer role that Nash played last year. He also is a guy that could see more TOI when the team is looking to come from behind. With that (and assuming DeBrusk/Heinen play all 82 games). Is it really crazy to think that DeBrusk and Heinen couldn't increase there production by 13% and 22% respectively?

That's certainly a best case scenario, not everyone always develops in the right direction. Out of Debrusk/Heinen/Donato/Bjork I'd conservatively expect 1 or 2 will either get hurt or have a sophomore slump. Either way we're in good shape.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
Debrusk has leadership qualities as well. I love the way he goes up and down the bench at the end of games with attaboys. He did it again yesterday. Rooting for this kid. He may wear an A at some point in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dellstrom

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
That's certainly a best case scenario, not everyone always develops in the right direction. Out of Debrusk/Heinen/Donato/Bjork I'd conservatively expect 1 or 2 will either get hurt or have a sophomore slump. Either way we're in good shape.

I think in today's NHL, its hard to play all 82 games which makes projections so hard. In fact last year, only 11.5% of the players who played in the NHL played all 82 games and only 25% played in at least 95% of the possible 82 games.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
After all the DeBust crap he received after the draft and all the jokes about the Bruins - I'm thrilled he's turning some heads and people are coming around.

I saw him in juniors and he stood out as a player that simply 'got it' and looked like he was playing an NHL styled game already; making space for himself with little push-offs, going to the net and dirty areas, taking great angles and being tough on the boards, etc. (I'm often wrong - thought the same thing about Zach Hamill) I personally didn't expect to see him show as much 'flash' as he has in the NHL but was always convinced he was going to be a very good player - with really under-rated skill.

Biggest thing is he just seems to understand the game and is very 'coachable'.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site

Player Goals Assist Pts
Heinen
20​
42​
61​
DeBrusk
20​
38​
58​
Donato
26​
23​
49​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Not sure on the numbers but the exact same scenario I have playing out. Donato most goals Heinen most points.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
was looking through debrusk's game log and one thing that's interesting (to me, at least)
is that he had 19 PIM last year, and 17 were in the same game for instigating a fight.
so basically, the guy took 1 minor penalty in the rest of the entire season (a boarding
call) while playing a gritty game and sticking his nose in there consistently. that's an
impressive show of restraint and smarts. love this guy, he's a future leader on this team.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
I love the Bruins when they draft bloodlines - Donato / Debrusk

Look at Tkachuk and Reinhardt

Many of these players have less risk in making it to the NHL because they have had that extra coaching from thier fathers.

Foote is another I wanted but maybe we can grab his brother next year from the Kelowna Rockets.

Any other bloodline players in the draft for 2019?

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad