Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Leafs fan in peace. When did Debrusk start to put up Cy Young numbers? 13-3 (16 points). Last year he had more assists.
has always been a shooter but last year he was just trying to figure out the NHL game. Plus he & Krejci haven't had much in the way of a 3rd guy on that line so DeBrusk gets to the finisher most nights.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
has always been a shooter but last year he was just trying to figure out the NHL game. Plus he & Krejci haven't had much in the way of a 3rd guy on that line so DeBrusk gets to the finisher most nights.

He's also been playing his off-wing a lot more this season so it's been a different look all around for him this season.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Leafs fan in peace. When did Debrusk start to put up Cy Young numbers? 13-3 (16 points). Last year he had more assists.

Bruins have been trying internally to fill the 2nd line RW void since Day 1 this season and nothing seems to stick. It's been up to DeBrusk to be the go-to guy for secondary scoring once our first line goes back to the bench.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
DeBrusk has scored a few goals with that type of bull rush he did tonight, a lot of people are saying Smith should have had that, but I think Jake has a sneaky backhand that’s tough to read

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
DeBrusk has scored a few goals with that type of bull rush he did tonight, a lot of people are saying Smith should have had that, but I think Jake has a sneaky backhand that’s tough to read

That five hole was freeway sized. My dog could have pushed a puck past Smith with her nose if she was there.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
That five hole was freeway sized. My dog could have pushed a puck past Smith with her nose if she was there.

Point is DeBrusk had him moving. He did the same thing against Anderson last year

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Remember when some of our own fans gave him the name Jake DeBust? Good times, good times.

Kids a gamer and each game I walk away thinking he was one of the best players on the ice. Right now he's on pace for 30G/7A... imagine what he could have for assists number if someone else on his line knew how to score.

Reactions: Dr Hook

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The kid is good. Really good. To the point that it makes me laugh when I hear people pissing and moaning that David Krejci doesn't have anyone good enough to play with. If anything, JDB is playing far better and more consistently than DK. I thought Donato and DeBrusk had some decent chemistry early in last night's game. Would like to see more of them together.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The kid is good. Really good. To the point that it makes me laugh when I hear people pissing and moaning that David Krejci doesn't have anyone good enough to play with. If anything, JDB is playing far better and more consistently than DK. I thought Donato and DeBrusk had some decent chemistry early in last night's game. Would like to see more of them together.

DeBrusk without Krejci probably doesn't score as often though, just like Loui

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
DeBrusk without Krejci probably doesn't score as often though, just like Loui

But who said that? Nobody. What I said before and again now is that JDB is a good finisher and that the Krejci acolytes need to stop dismissing him as a viable winger just to promote the agenda of having Pasta and Marchand on DK's line.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
But who said that? Nobody. What I said before and again now is that JDB is a good finisher and that the Krejci acolytes need to stop dismissing him as a viable winger just to promote the agenda of having Pasta and Marchand on DK's line.

DeBrusk shows a lot of promise and skill, I think he would be even better if he also had a consistent RW to play with. The Bruins getting Tarasenko would be a dream come true, but if they can just get someone who can hit 20-25 goals and has size that would be fine too

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
DeBrusk shows a lot of promise and skill, I think he would be even better if he also had a consistent RW to play with. The Bruins getting Tarasenko would be a dream come true, but if they can just get someone who can hit 20-25 goals and has size that would be fine too

So you want them to go out and get a first line player? Seems a touch unrealistic, no? You know, given they have a first line that's one of the best in hockey and DK is already playing with a guy on pace for over 30 goals. Not that I wouldn't want them to add something, but realistically what's a guy like Tarasenko, or the like, going to cost to obtain? I mean if they can add a guy without substantially subtracting from the roster, sure. But is that realistic? Not so much.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
So you want them to go out and get a first line player? Seems a touch unrealistic, no? You know, given they have a first line that's one of the best in hockey and DK is already playing with a guy on pace for over 30 goals. Not that I wouldn't want them to add something, but realistically what's a guy like Tarasenko, or the like, going to cost to obtain? I mean if they can add a guy without substantially subtracting from the roster, sure. But is that realistic? Not so much.

you're right, Jeremy Jacobs getting Tarasenko is about as likely as me winning the lottery tonight

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA

I agree about him and Donato. Thought they showed good early chemistry in the preseason over in China and it's carried over a little bit. I also think DeBrusk is much better in general on his strong side especially as a playmaker. He's proved he can get his shot off more on the right side (that backhander yesterday was filthy) but I think his playmaking ability can help get that other winger going. Especially since Krejci seems to have to adopt more of a two-way role on the 2nd line.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That’s what we were saying as it happened- backhanders are damn near impossible to stop if it doesn’t hit you - like a 10 year old little leaguer seeing a curve ball

Reactions: Chief Nine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->