Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Jake Debrusk is becoming a playing style. His tenaciousness, smarts and acceleration are a rare combo and teams are going to look for that going forward. Perfect modern winger.
Good point. The thing about Jake I like the most is that his game is great for playoff hockey. Some players can look great in the regular season but once the playoffs come around they are silent. Jake's style is great for both regular season and the playoffs. Hard to believe this is only his second season. Kid is going to be a beast at some point.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Debrusk needs to play with different players

Krejci cant keep up with his skating

I wouldnt even mind if the Bruins brought back Spooner.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
2pts in 9 games just doesn't reflect how I feel like DeBrusk is playing. I'm waiting for a burst of points.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
2pts in 9 games just doesn't reflect how I feel like DeBrusk is playing. I'm waiting for a burst of points.

As some others have mentioned, he appears to be snake-bitten. He's hit, what, four or five posts already? The goals and points will come soon enough, I imagine.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I have had a bit of a man crush on DeBrusk since about 20 games in to his Bruins career, but I feel my opinion that he is performing far beyond his point totals right now to be fairly objective.

Within a couple of years, I really don’t see how he will not be a SOLID second line player. Tenacious in all zones and has a great shot and good hockey sense. Just a bit snake bitten at the moment.

Reactions: Number8

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I didn't think I could like this guy any more but seeing him elevate his game in the wake of all the injuries... skating a little harder, more intent, more everything... it's just awesome to watch. And he's still only in the second year of his ELC.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Legit hit

Sixty-plus points 200 feet player

Loves and respects the game
Not intimidated
Loves the big moments
Not surprised he’s son of former player

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I just like everything about this kid. Outside of his talent, he’s always smiling and enjoying the ride. He seems like one of those kids that just loves to play hockey.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins’ Jake DeBrusk has refocused his attack and it is paying off - The Boston Globe

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Jake DeBrusk is up to eight goals now, with three in his last two games. It feels a whole lot better than the desert-dry spells he ran into over the first 14 games of the year.

“We had to pick him up a little bit,” Cassidy said Monday reflecting on a meeting he had two weeks ago when DeBrusk was on his third four-game goal drought of the young season. “You know: ‘Keep playing, Jake. It’s not the end of the world when the puck doesn’t go in.’ ”

He refocused his efforts on attacking more, tried to curb a creeping habit of circling around the puck rather than stopping on it, and began to fight through more checks. The results since: five goals in his last six games, with two Nov. 8 against Vancouver, another pair Wednesday in a 6-3 loss at Colorado, and a goal in Saturday’s 2-1 win at Arizona, with Patrice Bergeron out of an already compromised lineup.

“When you don’t have the chances, that’s when you worry,” Cassidy said. “He’s had the chances. He’s been very good of late. Maybe he just looks around and recognizes he’s maturing a little: ‘Hey, they need me to produce a little more.’ ”

Reactions: BruinLVGA and Krupp

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Just to mention - 9 goals so far this year.
For such a bad pick where they could've drafted yada yada yada - he's turning into one of the best young goal scorers in the game. Really hope he keeps it going.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Just to mention - 9 goals so far this year.
For such a bad pick where they could've drafted yada yada yada - he's turning into one of the best young goal scorers in the game. Really hope he keeps it going.

Well, to be fair, far more eyebrows were raised regarding the Senyshyn pick (in favor of "yada yada yada"). Debrusk was only a small reach.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
This team is in dire need of finishers when it comes to scoring. That has been tremendously evident all season.

Jake is a finisher. And I'm getting more fond of him every week.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I forget who said it last year, but in terms of young talent needs, somebody said this team needed more Jake Debrusks and Sean Kuralys...in terms of spirit, confidence and just in general passion and aggression in the game

I absolutely agree with the sentiment

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
Heinen-Krech-JDB were dominant last night. This has the potential to be a great 2nd line and was the one I’ve wanted since game 1.

Particularly encouraging was how well Heinen played. Only knock on Heino is that he isn’t shooting enough; this is likely due to a drop off in confidence due to his slow start.

I think you give JFK an audition until Bergeron returns. The hope is that he can grab the 3C spot. If not, I think you have to make a trade as we’ll need scoring from the 3rd line. 1,2, and 4 will hopefully be set.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Good point. The thing about Jake I like the most is that his game is great for playoff hockey. Some players can look great in the regular season but once the playoffs come around they are silent. Jake's style is great for both regular season and the playoffs. Hard to believe this is only his second season. Kid is going to be a beast at some point.

Absolutely.. I was real pleased last season bon his reg season and playoffs.. he seems like a guy who will be a notorious playoff producer....
Good point

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I actually like the Horton comparison

And i'm really glad Jake's flourishing now. I knew he'd turn it around sooner or later! He's bagging 20 this year, and maybe some more if we're lucky

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I don't see Horton at all. Jake is so fast and shifty, he's a great fore checker. His game is all about speed whereas Hortons was all about being big and creating space.

In any case, love this kid. I pray he stays for good with us. He embodies the new NHL, he's fearless and creative, quick and plays smart. I said it before the season but I see 30 for him, even after the slow start it's still in the cards for him

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Couple great snipes in Montreal the past 2 seasons. Glad the pucks are finally going in for him.

One nice thing I see with Jake this year is he's becoming more creative. He's always had the great front-line speed,tenacity and a scary release, along with great composer around the net. What he's added the last couple of weeks is the ability to beat people one on one.

He's fast becoming a top player in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad