Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Great turnaround for him. He picked a perfect time to slump and a perfect time to roar back from it. Hopefully he can stay hot... 30 isn't out of the question for him.

He's definitely become one of my favorite players on the team very quickly. After he scored that goal in Game 7 against Toronto I swore I'd buy his jersey. I've been cheaping out on that but I still definitely plan to.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Debrusk has the 22nd most goals from a LWer this season despite missing 9 games. 20th in GPG. All despite playing with, overall, probably the worst combinations anyone has dressed as the #2 RW in the NHL all season. This kid is turning into a #1 LW. I want this kid signed yesterday, 8 years 5.5 full NMC.

That goal last night is just something that I've come to expect from Debrusk. Blocks the pass at the opposing blue line, gets his legs moving to win the race to the puck, fights through an obvious hold, nice simple pass to the middle of the ice, continue to the net and go all out to make sure he buries it. Hilarious celebration as well.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I would love to see him hit 30 goals. Tough task...he'll need to stay hot and maybe get a multi-goal game or hat trick. But it's not out of reach.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You can miss out on some really talented players by targeting pure skill, but you can also hit on guys like the bruins have with Debrusk. Kid is special, I think health provided he’s just gonna keep getting better and better like Bergeron. You see his work ethic on display every game. No shifts off.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
What's amazing is that despite his early year struggles and the injuries, he's still only a handful of goals behind Marchand!

Love this kid. I hope he transcends just being good top 6 material and becomes a genuine Leaf Killer for the playoffs!

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
kid is all heart but every time he gets hit and is on the ice, I almost laugh when the camera is on him and he`s getting to his feet because he always does it so slowly, looking like he`s been through the ringer. Looked good without that tooth last night too
I noticed this too. Real slow to get up. I worry that he has a banged up shoulder

member 96824

128792512.jpg

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I see some Loui in him. Smart without the puck, creative passer. Not super dynamic or anything but simply good at hockey

EDIT: for some reason I thought this was the Heinen thread. I’m dumb. Debrusk is very dynamic. Totally agree on the parise similarities

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He went through a slump, where he looked pretty lost, but he’s back in full gear now.

On top of that, putting a guy like Johansson on his line is exactly what he needs. Another guy that can move and skate like him. Ie keep up.

Reactions: JCRO

False Start

May 8, 2018
I need to know the team’s intentions with him so I can buy a jersey.

Unless some freak slump/injuries happen. He's gonna be here for awhile.

I wouldn't worry about it. Kid loves it here. Sweeney doesn't want to give him up (I don't think he does anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad