Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I'm so jealous of this guy. Heart and soul guy. Hitting his stride with Pastrnak out. Gonna be a leaf killer for life. Glad I picked him up in my hockey pool though. Must be a fan favourite.
He has endeared himself to many very quickly in his young career for a multitude of reasons. He is the epitome of the player that every coach wants on his roster. He, I believe, is our future Captain, after Bergy retires.

Reactions: Dellstrom

Elimanator

The Future
Oct 6, 2013
Middle of the ocean
He has endeared himself to many very quickly in his young career for a multitude of reasons. He is the epitome of the player that every coach wants on his roster. He, I believe, is our future Captain, after Bergy retires.
The way he played in those playoffs last year... he was unstoppable. He's gonna turn into another player who you love to have on your team but others hate to play against. Best type of player IMO.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
BD7F92E6-1183-4B33-9413-F6DCF45E9E1F.jpeg

DeBrusk is tied for 12th in the nhl in goals per game by LWers

He has blossomed into a 1st line talent this season

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
View attachment 196049

DeBrusk is tied for 12th in the nhl in goals per game by LWers

He has blossomed into a 1st line talent this season

He's missed around 10 games as well, plus playing through injury for a bit. When he's hot he's red hot. Has to round out his consistency a bit but he's a very, very tough player to deal with when he's playing confident. Has the toolbox and all of the tools inside it and uses them as well as anyone. To be at his level after just a season and a half is very impressive.

Above all that he just has "it". He's clutch, he has personality, he knows how much work he has to put in, he's a fan favorite, hits hard, soft hands... At the rookie camps they should show a 2 hour highlight video and say "do that". Definitely the poster boy for the next generation of our home-grown talent. I agree that if he continues to develop like he has he'll be our captain after Bergy.

Reactions: CptxMorgan

False Start

May 8, 2018
This guy is still just scratching the surface.

You can tell that while he's a very fast skater, his edgework is still improving.

His puck protection has been rather impressive this season, he's getting smarter with his body and winning puck battles.

Like many others have stated, I see a 30 goal scorer in him rather easily. What a blessing he's been to Boston.

Reactions: CptxMorgan

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
You can tell that while he's a very fast skater, his edgework is still improving.

His puck protection has been rather impressive this season, he's getting smarter with his body and winning puck battles.

Like many others have stated, I see a 30 goal scorer in him rather easily. What a blessing he's been to Boston.

Yeah, the fine tuning on the skating is a work in progress but he's come a long way for a guy whose skating was a knock when he was drafted.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
love JD so glad bruins didnt trade him away..lastyear or this year nothing but great stuff from now on in baby
Go Bruins Go:thumbu::thumbu:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This guy is still just scratching the surface.

indeed he is, when he`s on, he`s a guy opponents have to be aware of. Still struggles with consistency at times. During times where he isn`t producing, he`s invisible but that isn`t an uncommon trait with younger players and I see him being a kid who is learning from those stretches

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I've said this before, but the goals I am seeing him get recently are the little chip in, deflections, rebound, and
that is all good, but he has a great shot. I'm surprised he doesn't get more goals from 15, 20 feet out that score.
He did get that goal vs Tampa from about the face off dot, thought he'd have more of those.
Not criticizing him, he's having a great year.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Kuhlman sent back down..seems like good news

we only have 11 healthy fowards

So it would seem DeBrusk is healthy and ready for Saturday...unless there calling someone else up

Last edited:
Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
Weird that they would send Kuhlman down for Prov's game tonight and then plan to play him via Emergency tomorrow night. Would be 3 games in 3 nights for KK.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
So he said he got injured during the second period of that Carolina game

Then continued to play extremely well including that awesome OT shift

Something tells me he won’t have any rust coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad