Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Unless some freak slump/injuries happen. He's gonna be here for awhile.

I wouldn't worry about it. Kid loves it here. Sweeney doesn't want to give him up (I don't think he does anyway).

The optics of Boston trading the only 2015 first-round pick who is panning out would be horrible.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I remember the reports on him during his draft year was he was a decent but not great skater. Didn't have much burst the first couple times I saw him as a 19 year old. Now he has got to be the fastest player on the team. He just blows past players. Not sure what changed with him.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Only 22 and hitting 30 goals soon . I remember when we were getting rick Nash last year Gorton was asking for debrusk in exchange lol.

The funny thing is, he's got a lot of Nash in his game, at least I've personally thought so lately. Kid is a stud. He's a future letter wearer for sure. The "young" core of this team is coming together and it's in real good shape with Pasta, Mac, Carlo, Jake etc.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
34 points in 56 games. Not sure what that totals up to over a full season, but all things considered, I'd still say i'm happy with this kid sticking. if he's a perennial 20 goal scorer every year, that's a keeper right there

Reactions: Hamilton Brian

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
DeBrusk has reached a level over the last 10 games that I wasn't sure he had. Obviously not expecting him to become a 120 pt guy, which is his pace over the last 10. I had always pegged him for being a potential solid hard working 25 goal 50 point type player, but he does now look like a guy who may be a 35 goal type of player

I would say he was at the same level last playoffs... I traded connor hellebuyck in my sim league to get debrusk so I was sort of hoping for a 30 goal-65 point season

he definitely struggled for a 25-35 game stretch earlier this year [the injury didn't help] but I guess some sophomore struggles are normal for most second year players... now hes back at that pace I was hoping for based on last years playoffs {maybe even a bit better now?}

he shows us something when he is hot... a nose for the net... the ability to skate there before the defense is ready... and some sweet goal scorer hands

if he continues to want it... if he continues to battle for his ice and go to the net... hes going to continue to produce.

a very nice selection by the scouts/braintrust going off the board to tab this guy

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Most of the uproar was taking Senyshyn over Barzal.

I remember this. Zboril was slotted right around #12-15 and it was basically a guarantee we would draft him. DeBrusk was projected for mid-late 1st round. He wasn't Barzal or Connor so people got worried as we only had 1 pick left. Senyshyn was a projected 3rd round pick I believe which completed the meltdown.

I remember someone saying the Leafs and Red Wings were both interested in DeBrusk, so they were at least very right on that one. Instead, a few years later, he's the killing blow to the Leafs in their biggest game since he got drafted. I'm definitely buying his jersey. He was born to be a Bruin.

twominute

Mar 16, 2008
Washington, dc
The funny thing is, he's got a lot of Nash in his game, at least I've personally thought so lately. Kid is a stud. He's a future letter wearer for sure. The "young" core of this team is coming together and it's in real good shape with Pasta, Mac, Carlo, Jake etc.
The only thing I see comparable with Nash is the streakiness. Nash was notorious for that but when he was on, watch out. Otherwise I don't see the similarity. But love his game no matter, he's so fun to watch.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Jake continuing to show why he can be a potential 30 goal, 60+ point player. Just needs to find a little more consistency. Injuries didn't help this year. He has 22 goals, on pace for 28 goals, and didn't score a goal for 13 straight games.... He pots even a few in during that stretch, he's sitting pretty at 24-25 right now on pace of over 30+ .... Love this kid!

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
15 points in his last 10 games. 8 of them goals. Best stretch of hockey of his career.

Elimanator

The Future
Oct 6, 2013
Middle of the ocean
I'm so jealous of this guy. Heart and soul guy. Hitting his stride with Pastrnak out. Gonna be a leaf killer for life. Glad I picked him up in my hockey pool though. Must be a fan favourite.

Reactions: DrJustice

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
I'm so jealous of this guy. Heart and soul guy. Hitting his stride with Pastrnak out. Gonna be a leaf killer for life. Glad I picked him up in my hockey pool though. Must be a fan favourite.
Everyone loves him. Personality, cellys and performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad