Player Discussion Jacob Trouba

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I’m still surprised it was deemed lower body, especially considering the hit wasn’t big and he saw it coming the whole time. To me it looked like he twisted his leg and was having trouble putting any weight at all on it

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I’m still surprised it was deemed lower body, especially considering the hit wasn’t big and he saw it coming the whole time. To me it looked like he twisted his leg and was having trouble putting any weight at all on it

It looked like his head got a bit whiplashed off the glass. I thought that was what did it there and messed with his equilibrium.

I guess we’ll find out more. Hopefully he’s okay.

As for all the contract talk, no doubt he’s overpaid, but he brings a physical and veteran presence we don’t otherwise have on defense. It’s Brendan Smith, otherwise. I will confess I am a Trouba fan.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
When you watch the hit it looked like something happened with his leg, like it twisted or whatever. Hard to say for sure, I only saw a couple replays. And then when he got up it was like he couldn't stand up on the leg and fell. I mean the obvious assumption was concussion, but I didn't see his head whip around too bad, or hit the glass, or bounce, or any of the things you usually see (I know firsthand you don't need to actually hit your head to be concussed, but still). Seemed like an odd play and I can definitely see how its something to do with the leg and not a concussion, if that is indeed the case.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Hopefully he can get another game in before the season ends, but he looked completely out of it.

The helmets are pretty terrible. Not enough padding. Concussions are a major concern for players, especially long term. Really hoping it doesn’t change how he plays his game.

Reactions: egelband

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hopefully he can get another game in before the season ends, but he looked completely out of it.

The helmets are pretty terrible. Not enough padding. Concussions are a major concern for players, especially long term. Really hoping it doesn’t change how he plays his game.
Not that I am any good, but I use an old school Jofa helmet that a crash test dummy wouldn’t wear. I’ve been meaning to get a new helmet but I can never find one that fits my head right.

so anyway, hoping Trouba is okay.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly

If this is a concussion, then I wouldn't even consider putting Trouba back in the lineup this year. Barring a miracle, these last 10 games have no importance.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
it was definitely a concussion. the way he was stumbling around with no balance, ive been there, i know exactly how that feels. the whole world spins around at 500mph

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Has Trouba had a concussion before? Or, at least, had one documented?

He's not the most durable guy. I found this:

Winnipeg Jets Jacob Trouba out with Concussion - Last Word On Hockey

Was out for seven games that season because of the concussion. The Jets got to the Conference Finals.

If I read the stats correctly, Trouba was injury free for two seasons with us.

Concussions are such a nasty game changer, confidence, skill, pace, you lose everything.

Worst timing, he was beasting and getting more and more physical. Hope he comes back with a vengeance ...

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It was clearly a concussion. His head slammed against the glass incredibly hard. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the season for him. No reason to rush him back for no reason when dealing with a concussion.

Reactions: egelband

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rushing a player back from a concussion is a flat out bad idea. You are playing with their long term health. There are way too many horror stories out of the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, 00’s and even the 10’s. The Flyers GM Bobby Clarke helped really to wreck Eric Lindros’s career by continually hurrying him back from head injuries. But the damage to the lives of a very long list of former NHL is very extensive and includes a number of suicides. If Trouba has any kind of serious concussion he should be shut down for the remainder of the season.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I dont wanna say this season is OVER, but looking a lot dimmer after losing this last game in a MUST win. With that said, I dont wanna see Trouba coming back this year. Not only for his health, but for obvious long term CAREER/$$$$ reasons.

Besides, doesnt that give our shiny new toy a chance to play?
Also, who needs Trouba, when we have rocket man Smitty? :sarcasm:

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I dont wanna say this season is OVER, but looking a lot dimmer after losing this last game in a MUST win. With that said, I dont wanna see Trouba coming back this year. Not only for his health, but for obvious long term CAREER/$$$$ reasons.

Besides, doesnt that give our shiny new toy a chance to play?
Also, who needs Trouba, when we have rocket man Smitty? :sarcasm:
lol in between periods Quinn railroaded the team "can we get more f***in shots on net???Wedding cake for whoever gets the most attempts'
Giddy Smith: moar shots coming up

Rangers Pre-Smith awakenings:
tenor.gif

AFTER: (NSFW)
tenor.gif

Reactions: Larrybiv

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
lol in between periods Quinn railroaded the team "can we get more f***in shots on net???Wedding cake for whoever gets the most attempts'
Giddy Smith: moar shots coming up

Rangers Pre-Smith awakenings:
tenor.gif

AFTER: (NSFW)
tenor.gif
Apparently you enjoyed my "rocket man" comment for Smitty. Good job, you made me lol. Big time!

Reactions: romba

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I wonder if Trouba is going to force his way back into the lineup for the next game. I would prefer he just sits it out, to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad