Player Discussion Jacob Trouba

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
If Lindgren is hurt we still Trouba

Jones in for #55 is fine but we need this guy healthy or we are already down to our last option in Ruhwedel.

A defenseman always gets hurt in the playoffs. That's why we have 8
When is trouba due back?

If they decided to use LTIR he's the perfect candidate. Along with Lindgren really. They must have some sort of 2 month surgery and recovery we could send them on.

I am with Whit from SC. I absolutely hate them for it but like you can't blame them. Every team should be doing it until the NHL addresses the issue.
Why would bettman allow that? And to the nyr of all teams 😆

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
I didn't even realize that a Trouba buyout would actually be an option.

$4,000,000 for two seasons and then $2,000,000 for two seasons

Reactions: Captain Lindy

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Trouba is made for the wrong era. When he got drafted and then quickly joined the league, scoring was lower... the game catered more toward physicality, defense, goaltending. You might get 1 or 2 players reach the 100 point mark. His 2nd season was the year Benn lead the league and not a single player reached 90 points. He had a lot of hype around him, future top pairing defender... if he was born a few years prior maybe he would've been. Then the game rapidly started pivoting toward speed and skill. The league really started cracking down on physicality. It's like he caught the tail end of the era he was really designed for.

Really as the physicality of the league starts to wane, guys like Trouba, Lindgren, Rempe, etc... they need to be more consistent with the old school stuff. Not mindless, goon shit but legitimate physical play. That's what makes them effective. Remember last year when Trouba blew up Meier in game 7 and half the board was like where the f*** was that all series... or when Trouba ran into Crosby the year prior. Not that you want to see people getting hurt, that's unfortunately a consequence... but those sorts of guys don't really have the skill to warrant being passive with the physical stuff. That's their bread and butter. And there's obviously a human element to the game, that sort of thing stays in the back of players heads... guys like Scott Stevens or Kronwall, you better know when they're on the ice. That level of physicality can be a legitimate deterrent. Players will think twice. That's largely gone now. How many times do you really see a big meaningful hit now? Maybe a handful of times a year. Lindgren has largely been a non-factor in that aspect, likely due to injuries. Unfortunately the inconsistency makes it nothing more than a cute novelty. There should be a level of fear and respect when those guys are on the ice. It's not really a factor when it's not consistent.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I didn't even realize that a Trouba buyout would actually be an option.

$4,000,000 for two seasons and then $2,000,000 for two seasons

It's really not an option. There would be about 15 teams who would sign up for (2) years of Trouba @ $4m per season (50% retained). A buyout would never happen as a trade with max retention would be the same for years 1 and 2, less those final two years.

Trouba is a good player. He's someone who many teams would covet. I think he gets traded this off-season as we see a bit more of an edge prioritized around the rest of the roster. Rempe, Edstrom, Berard, Othmann will help. Sophomore Cuylle will help. I think they get a d-man who can play a bit and provide some physical play on a short term deal as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad