Jacob Josefson - sent to Albany!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tedenby, and Josefson. This is the last year of each of their ELC's. Next year are they exempt from waivers still? Or not?

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I'm going to throw out a crazy theory here. Because of all his injuries, could he be hitting his rookie wall after finally playing a consistent number of games?

He's played 45 games so far this season between the AHL and the NHL, and you're right, I think that's the longest stretch of games he's gone so far without getting injured.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Someone needs to confirm this if true, but I read a few days ago (before Isles game last night) that the PK was at 100% with Gionta on the ice.

That was me and that's correct, PK was perfect with Gionta before the Isles game.

Another example:
Elias averages 1:53 min SH TOI/game (total of 28:21 min shorthanded),
Gionta gets 2:14 min SH TOI/game (33:38).

Elias has been on the ice for 6 PP goals against,
Gionta only 2.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
IMO he hasn't done anything to prove he belongs with the big club. He's done a bunch of little things well except score, which he hasn't done at all really. At this point he needed to take the next step. He had an opportunity, albeit a short one, in a ton of different spots and never seized the moment. Maybe he needs to go to the A and reevaluate his game. Sadly, I had incredibly high hopes for both him and Teddy this year. This seems to be a recurring issue though for me with guys like Bergfors, Zharkov, Tedenby, and now Josefson.

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
celebration.gif

FINALLY! This is Loktionov's chance, Jo can try his disappearing act in Albany

Quality post :help: Great fan right here, happy about seeing a first round pick of his team being sent down!

Honestly, give this kid some time. He played a total of 84 games in his career, scoring 5 goals, 15 assists for 20 points while being a +7. Certainly not great numbers, but they're not bad either considering he had so many injuries. Let him settle down in the AHL a little bit. If he won't get another chance, I will be furious. This kid has shown that he is very good defensively and had 10 points in 28 games in his rookie season while being a +10. Really don't see where this stupid hate for him comes from. But apparently this board needs someone to hate, especially after losses. :shakehead

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
What is with the celebrating of demoting Josefson? And now talk of getting Gionta (who has been one of our better forwards all season) out of the lineup? :facepalm:

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Posters hating on Josefson is just dumb IMO.

The guy is still learning and I really don't know what people are expecting out of Josefson when he's paired with Barch and Butler. His job on the 4th line is to prevent goals, play a solid defensive game and if it happens, produce offensively.

I'll give that russian kid a chance before judging him but on my 4th line, I'd rather someone like Yayo then someone like Lock cause odds are, our new toy isn't skilled enough to turn Barch into a scoring machine and apparently his defensive game isn't all that great.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey

The guy is still learning and I really don't know what people are expecting out of Josefson when he's paired with Barch and Butler. His job on the 4th line is to prevent goals, play a solid defensive game and if it happens, produce offensively.

I'll give that russian kid a chance before judging him but on my 4th line, I'd rather someone like Yayo then someone like Lock cause odds are, our new toy isn't skilled enough to turn Barch into a scoring machine and apparently his defensive game isn't all that great.
I agree, I'm certainly not writing him off just yet.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
i forget, did we put JJ on the top line at some point this year?

Yes. He saw parts of two games playing up on the top line with Zajac and Kovy. We also moved Matteau up there for a period of time.

I think Ponikarovsky is probably going to stick there for now, unless Lou adds another forward who is a better fit and pushes Poni down. I'd like to see though how Poni fits on the line over a longer sample size. I think it could work.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Yes. He saw parts of two games playing up on the top line with Zajac and Kovy. We also moved Matteau up there for a period of time.

I think Ponikarovsky is probably going to stick there for now, unless Lou adds another forward who is a better fit and pushes Poni down. I'd like to see though how Poni fits on the line over a longer sample size. I think it could work.

That or until Zubrus returns, but they're both pretty interchangeable with each other minus that DJ Dainius can fill in at center if need be.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Quality post :help: Great fan right here, happy about seeing a first round pick of his team being sent down!

Honestly, give this kid some time. He played a total of 84 games in his career, scoring 5 goals, 15 assists for 20 points while being a +7. Certainly not great numbers, but they're not bad either considering he had so many injuries. Let him settle down in the AHL a little bit. If he won't get another chance, I will be furious. This kid has shown that he is very good defensively and had 10 points in 28 games in his rookie season while being a +10. Really don't see where this stupid hate for him comes from. But apparently this board needs someone to hate, especially after losses. :shakehead

How dare I celebrate the team adding a more offensive player to it's line-up. I should be ashamed of myself for being happy that one of our players gets a chance to gain some confidence in the minors and potentially come back to the NHL with some offensive flare.

I truly am sorry. Thank you for the enlightenment.

The problem is our 4th line is eventually going to be CBGB, so Josefson is going to have to center the 3rd line and so far he hasn't proven to be up to the task. The Devils are going to need a little bit more offense on the 3rd line if they're going to go deep in the playoffs again. Last season, Henrique was playing third line center, you really trust Josefson with that responsibility? A player that is invisible nearly every single game? We need a proven guy to center the third line, whether that comes via trade or someone like Loktionov, who could prove that he belongs here if he impresses.

Last edited:

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
How dare I celebrate the team adding a more offensive player to it's line-up. I should be ashamed of myself for being happy that one of our players gets a chance to gain some confidence in the minors and potentially come back to the NHL with some offensive flare.

I truly am sorry. Thank you for the enlightenment.

Loktionov has 14 points in his career. Dat offense!

"Continue his disappearing act in the AHL" = "being happy that one of our players gets a chance to gain some confidence in the minors and potentially come back to the NHL with some offensive flare."

I see it now!

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

The problem is our 4th line is eventually going to be CBGB, so Josefson is going to have to center the 3rd line and so far he hasn't proven to be up to the task. The Devils are going to need a little bit more offense on the 3rd line if they're going to go deep in the playoffs again. Last season, Henrique was playing third line center, you really trust Josefson with that responsibility? A player that is invisible nearly every single game? We need a proven guy to center the third line, whether that comes via trade or someone like Loktionov, who could prove that he belongs here if he impresses.

I've never seen Loktionov play but if he's as weak as Kings fans say he is regarding board battles and everywhere in his own zone, I can garantee you that he'll be sent back to Albany faster then Josefson and even Tedenby.

As a coach and a Gm, I'd rather have a scoreless player who won't cost me goals then a "flashy" player who will give momemtum to the opposition cause he can't play a lick of defence.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Loktionov has 14 points in his career. Dat offense!

"Continue his disappearing act in the AHL" = "being happy that one of our players gets a chance to gain some confidence in the minors and potentially come back to the NHL with some offensive flare."

I see it now!

So I'm supposed to be a 100% homer then? Using your logic - we shouldn't be talking about trading Tallinder, nobody deserves to be sent down, and every player on this team is perfect.

No, that isn't the case. Tell me, why is it a BAD thing that Josefson is being sent down to make room for someone who can potentially make more of an impact? I see it as a great thing for both Josefson and Loktionov. Jo gets a chance to play top line minutes and maybe learn how to score again. Loktionov gets a chance on an NHL team, playing center, he might turn into a regular contributor, you never know until you give the guy a chance.

So yes, this is a good thing and I have every right to celebrate.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That's all it is, potential. And it's never a good thing when your former first round pick goes backwards in his development.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
So I'm supposed to be a 100% homer then? Using your logic - we shouldn't be talking about trading Tallinder, nobody deserves to be sent down, and every player on this team is perfect.

No, that isn't the case. Tell me, why is it a BAD thing that Josefson is being sent down to make room for someone who can potentially make more of an impact? I see it as a great thing for both Josefson and Loktionov. Jo gets a chance to play top line minutes and maybe learn how to score again. Loktionov gets a chance on an NHL team, playing center, he might turn into a regular contributor, you never know until you give the guy a chance.

So yes, this is a good thing and I have every right to celebrate.

The problem is that you seem to be rooting for him to fail, which is odd.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Albany Devils ‏@AlbanyDevils
GOAL! Jacob Josefson brings the Devils back within one. 4-3 Syracuse lead with 1:32 to play in the third. #adevils #albsyr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad