Jacob Josefson - sent to Albany!

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I'm very interested to see how many of you are still willing to give Josefson a chance in NJ.

Personally, I think he's been a black hole offensively and we need more. Some people have him penciled into the third line C spot when Zubrus comes back, I just don't see it. His good defense isn't going to be enough to keep him with the big club. The 4th line of Carter/Gionta/Bernier is set and shouldn't be broken up so DeBoer can't put him there.

Josefson has shown that he can't do anything noteworthy on the offensive side of the puck, so why not give Loktionov a chance and send Jake back to the AHL to play with his buddy Tedenby? I'm not saying that the Devils should give up on him completely, he may still break out offensively, but he probably needs a little more seasoning in the minors before that time comes

What do you guys think? Is it time to send Josefson to the American league or is he still worth his spot on the NHL roster?

EDIT: Checked TG's Twitter, Jo sent to Albany, Loktionov called up. Thank you god.

Last edited:

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
The issue is... for who? The idea of sending him down might not be terrible. But if no one worth a **** is going to replace him... then what's the point?

elias026

Jul 12, 2006
montreal
he plays on the 4th line, i say that again 4th line.

why not send Barch who does nothing? at least Yayo plays on the pk

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
he plays on the 4th line, i say that again 4th line.

why not send Barch who does nothing? at least Yayo plays on the pk

Barch is enforcer who can actually play competent hockey. Josefson was put with Kovy and Zajac and did nothing. Maybe Yayo isn't ready. Get Loki up here.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
He does well on the PK, and his playmaking is better than people are giving him credit for. He's also excellent at carrying the puck into the zone, which is a somewhat rare and valuable skill. Yayo will be fine, sending him down isn't going to solve anything.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Loktionov

But is he going to fill the exact same role? Playing 6-9 minutes a game (since I assume Loktionov won't be their first choice to fill his role on the PK)? Is it really worth it? Be it to make that swap, or to have Loktionov playing so little? Other than bringing in a new face, what will that change accomplish if the role/minutes don't change?

elias026

Jul 12, 2006
montreal
Barch is enforcer who can actually play competent hockey. Josefson was put with Kovy and Zajac and did nothing. Maybe Yayo isn't ready. Get Loki up here.

he plays 5 min a game. People dont want Kovy to double shift but want to send down Josefson:help:

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
he plays 5 min a game. People dont want Kovy to double shift but want to send down Josefson:help:

Yes cause against a team like the Flyers with Rinaldo,Simmonds, Hartnell I feel so comfortable have ****ing Matteau-****ing Josefson-****ing Butler as a 4th line

For role-player on the 4th line give me Barch over Josefson everyday of the week and twice on sunday's. Josefson doesn't have the grit, but he isn;t making a case to be a top 6 forward.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Loikotonov is the new Petr Vrana, another flashy guy that the fans go ga-ga over but is never going to get a chance.

elias026

Jul 12, 2006
montreal
Yes cause against a team like the Flyers with Rinaldo,Simmonds, Hartnell I feel so comfortable have ****ing Matteau-****ing Josefson-****ing Butler as a 4th line

For role-player on the 4th line give me Barch over Josefson everyday of the week and twice on sunday's. Josefson doesn't have the grit, but he isn;t making a case to be a top 6 forward.

we had Josefson in and no enforcer last year when we beat them in 5 games.

Then send Harrold down since we have one of Fayne/Tallinder scratched.
Josefson isnt scoring on his chances but at least hes getting chances. Barch skates up and down and barely touches the puck

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
we had Josefson in and no enforcer last year when we beat them in 5 games.

Then send Harrold down since we have one of Fayne/Tallinder scratched.
Josefson isnt scoring on his chances but at least hes getting chances. Barch skates up and down and barely touches the puck

Let me paint a picture for next game.

we roll Matteau-Josefson-Butler as a 4th line

Chris Neil decides he's going to take runs at people

Oh no, there's not Barch so Clarkson has to answer the bell

Clarkson sits in the box for 5 to add to the problems of our already anemic offense.

Cause I can guarantee Bernier or Carter isn't fighting Chris Neil and you'd know the Sens would do that

elias026

Jul 12, 2006
montreal
Let me paint a picture for next game.

we roll Matteau-Josefson-Butler as a 4th line

Chris Neil decides he's going to take runs at people

Oh no, there's not Barch so Clarkson has to answer the bell

Clarkson sits in the box for 5 to add to the problems of our already anemic offense.

Cause I can guarantee Bernier or Carter isn't fighting Chris Neil and you'd know the Sens would do that

or our 4th line plays better then the other teams 4th line and we get more offensive chances and we can roll 4 lines

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
No. Just give him a better linemate than Brach. How the hell is he supposed to produce when he constantly has at least one goon on his wing?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
thats our real problem, send Yayo down or keep him up our PK is still doing terrible

The PK is not terrible, it's above average in the league, and it's scoring shorthanded goals too. It's not at the heights it was last season, but I certainly hope that nobody was expecting that again.

elias026

Jul 12, 2006
montreal
The PK is not terrible, it's above average in the league, and it's scoring shorthanded goals too. It's not at the heights it was last season, but I certainly hope that nobody was expecting that again.

we are 20th in the league:help:

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown

There are no words for this post. Simply amazing

Devilswiss

Feb 11, 2010
Lucerne
I think that would be a overreaction. Josefson has played well at the start of the season so I'd be willing to give him the chance to get back on track. It's not like Loki is a proven NHL'er.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
we are 20th in the league:help:

NHL.com says we're 14th, but I think that was without tonight's updated numbers. The two games against the Isles skew the average a little but geez, at least be somewhat of a deterrent to scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad