Series Discussion Round 1 - Dallas vs Vegas

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Hope Pete is using these 2 days to study every game Vegas was dominated in last post season and finding some adjustments. Not holding our hope though.
So, you are saying he won't even try to do the job he was hired to do? Whacked out take, IMHO. I'm as disappointed as anyone about their performance, and the results are what the results are, so we can probably say he is being outcoached, but I doubt anyone is tanking on purpose.

None of us can say for sure, but my take is the matchup, and that they peaked just a bit early on that 8 game win streak, and then were fairly unimpressive in the last 4-5 games of the season, which has carried over into round 1. I agree with those who say putting Dads in and messing up the chemistry of the 4th line is weird. PDB typically tends to stay with what is working. Oh well, if we are down March and Faksa, we will reinsert Smith and Delly in the lineup on the 4th line and Dads will take his place somewhere else in the top 9.

Boo Seguin so he stops skating like a 14 year old kid.
He actually has been skating pretty well. I saw him catch up on defense going back up the ice on one play and thought he looked about as fast as ever.

I will say, in the AAC for game 1, the scoreboard posts fastest skating speed at various times. I don't have a screen grab but at one point, Suter and Lindell were both on the leaderboard, but Hintz and Seguin weren't, among others. But if those two are ever your fastest skaters, you have a problem.

Last edited:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Hope Pete is using these 2 days to study every game Vegas was dominated in last post season and finding some adjustments. Not holding our hope though.
I imagine Pete firing up a Vegas game from a month ago where Vegas gets beat and quickly noticing there are five crappy players out there skating around who are not out there playing when it looks at video from the playoff games.

Kinda hard to gameplan against a different roster.

Reactions: Sports2

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I imagine Pete firing up a Vegas game from a month ago where Vegas gets beat and quickly noticing there are five crappy players out there skating around who are not out there playing when it looks at video from the playoff games.

Kinda hard to gameplan against a different roster.
"We looked at video, and our gameplan, involves them trotting out their regular season roster."

Seguin is probably a maintenance day.

But a line of Dadonov-Pavelski-Seguin? Vegas will feast on that trio.
It gets better. Suter will be exclusively paired with them on d

• Wow
Reactions: Smelling Salt

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Ha, actually it is. Refalanche are going strong right now too, f***in crazy. Jets fans are pissed and I would be too
Least surprising things to happen in the PO. Have to beat both the team and the refs

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
WDI.

game3.JPG

serp

Jan 17, 2016
See ! Just play better than the other team and you can win a close game in sudden death OT . Just like i said in the game thread. Kinda

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Mush and Faksa are skating today, GTD's tomorrow.. only player I would consider taking out is Steel as I thought he made some bad plays in the offensive zone trying to be too creative that led to some bad turnovers to Vegas

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Just because they're skating doesn't mean they're actually able to play. I still remember Faksa skated pretty much all time and was listed as day to day after he was injured during the 2020 run . He was never going to play though because i think he had a broken wrist.

Reactions: LT

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
At this point it's borderline negligence what the coaches are doing with the defense. Id almost rather see Petro coming in so we don't see the D burn out before game 7.

Nill and Pete really unprofessional with how they handled this 6th D situation. Props to Nill to do right by Hanley and force Pete to take away his safety blanket. But he probably didn't anticipate Pete being a stubborn idiot and actually trying to to win 4 rounds with 5 dmen.

Reactions: DieselPig

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
At this point it's borderline negligence what the coaches are doing with the defense. Id almost rather see Petro coming in so we don't see the D burn out before game 7.

Nill and Pete really unprofessional with how they handled this 6th D situation. Props to Nill to do right by Hanley and force Pete to take away his safety blanket. But he probably didn't anticipate Pete being a stubborn idiot and actually trying to to win 4 rounds with 5 dmen.
They had a plan, but it fell apart when Hakanpaa had whatever setback he did. He was supposed to be the #6 going into the playoffs.

Reactions: Sports2

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Nill always runs an extra dman out of fear of injuries. No way they collectively planned to rely only only 6 d and not play Nils.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad