Proposal: Jackets/ Wild Blockbuster

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It matters because you are getting future years of him if its in a trade.... I dont see how you dont get that. Currently on a super team friendly deal and puts up 20.97(i thonk the number was) goals per 82. And that was at 22 and 23. So you jave to factor in potential. So a guy who was better at the same age as 2 guys you are trying to have him in a trade with ALONG with Panarin. We give up the beat 2 assets. Why would anyone do that. Thats like me trading you Foligno and Dubi for Granlund. Look at all the times they hit 20 goals. Folignos xareer high is better then theres. They must be better.
Only on HF would a player with a career high of 30pts that has potential be worth more than a guy who is just 2 years older and put up near (Nino) or over double (Granlund x2) said player’s points. Only. On. HF. Anderson is by far the worst asset in the deal. Plain and simple.

So Anderson did better then both for his 23yo year and shouldnt have much trouble this year for the start of his 24yo season. Blew Granlund out of the water. Its good they converted him to wing because he couldnt handle the 2 way game and salvaged him.
Both Granlund and Nino did better in their 23 year old season. It’s sad that I have to explain this to you. You continue to show how clueless you are though, Granlund plays a 2-way game. He finished 13th in Selke voting in his 24 year old season.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
MikeyP derails another thread.

I'd love to tell everyone how Anderson is actually a force out there - size, speed, shot. Like Tom Wilson but not dirty and actually a better goal scorer. Doesn't have much to add in the playmaking dept, and hasn't been used on the PP.

But at this point, we'd all be better off locking this thread up.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Primary assists and Goals are what matters offensively wise if you care about just stats which it is apparently getting clearer and clearer you are a stats guy that only cares about the box score. Panarin isnt good because his point totals. Panarin is a Selke caliber forward who will jever get recognized because for some reason people lump face offs in there. Panarin was a takeaway machine and directly lead to probably 100 scoring chances from his back checking. [bHe isnt good because a shot or pass but because he can move with the puck and hild it long enough to create space.[/b]

Id say watch a game to see with your eyes who is better out of the 4 but im sure you would rather search corsi then watch and see who has an qctual inpact that will never be seen in stats.
Look at those goal posts move. Anything to fit your narrative, right? Once applying your logic back to you even you could figure out how flawed it was.

Funny, moving with the puck and creating space? By golly gee, Granlund does the same thing! Wow! But Granlund also has the ability to pass like few others in the NHL. Granlund also got Selke votes as a winger, just saying. If Panarin is so good defensively then why is his offensive zone start percentage significantly higher than his defensive zone start percentage (39.33% vs 22.34%)? Sounds like you are spouting homer nonsense like you have been this entire time. FYI, statistics are brought up as rebuttal to stupid “watch him play” arguments, especially funny when it’s becoming more and more evident as you post that you likely haven’t seen either one of Granlund or Nino play ever.

I’ve seen Panarin play. I know he’s the best piece of the deal. I’ve seen for years the impact that Granlund has on Minnesota. You will never convince me that Anderson has the intangibles or play style to make up the 35+ point difference for the two players. As evidenced already, Anderson playing with Panarin and PLD couldn’t outproduce a one legged Nino. Maybe he has potential to be as good as Nino was two seasons ago. But the real deal >>> potential in this specific case at this specific time. To suggest that potential suddenly makes a player better than someone who has played at that level is asinine and ignorant.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Want to wager he isnt dealt without an extension or a price that would look like he was signed ala Wahlstrom+?? Because I will wager that he isnt moved as a rental and a 1st+B prospect price that people think he will be apparently. And Im speaking based on what JK has said over and over. If someone wants moved he is willing to move you but only if it helps the team. If the team doesnt get back a win in a deal they just wont do it... look at JMFJ last year. They could have moved him for a 4th or later but it wasnt worth moving him of the parts coming back arent better then us keeping the guy and renting him to ourself.

You should speak on whatever little it is you might know and talk about that rather then look silly talking here. The CBJ have the 2 best players in the deal... the throw ins sadly in this case wear green.
The only one looking silly here is you. Stop this.

Reactions: 2Pair

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Look at those goal posts move. Anything to fit your narrative, right? Once applying your logic back to you even you could figure out how flawed it was.

Funny, moving with the puck and creating space? By golly gee, Granlund does the same thing! Wow! But Granlund also has the ability to pass like few others in the NHL. Granlund also got Selke votes as a winger, just saying. If Panarin is so good defensively then why is his offensive zone start percentage significantly higher than his defensive zone start percentage (39.33% vs 22.34%)? Sounds like you are spouting homer nonsense like you have been this entire time. FYI, statistics are brought up as rebuttal to stupid “watch him play” arguments, especially funny when it’s becoming more and more evident as you post that you likely haven’t seen either one of Granlund or Nino play ever.

I’ve seen Panarin play. I know he’s the best piece of the deal. I’ve seen for years the impact that Granlund has on Minnesota. You will never convince me that Anderson has the intangibles or play style to make up the 35+ point difference for the two players. As evidenced already, Anderson playing with Panarin and PLD couldn’t outproduce a one legged Nino. Maybe he has potential to be as good as Nino was two seasons ago. But the real deal >>> potential in this specific case at this specific time. To suggest that potential suddenly makes a player better than someone who has played at that level is asinine and ignorant.
I didnt move any posts just clarified part of my stance you seemed to not understand so I went more specific because you took it broad

Panarin got more offensive starts because he is the best offensive player we ever had? Just because he is also one of the best defensive forwards as well doesnt mean sacrifice his elite offense. Your logic isnt sound there.

Then you say while playing with PLD he couldnt put up points... you do Know PLD only hit 50pts and was a rookie who played maybe 60 games at C this year? Seems like you again didnt watch much.

Your the type of guy that thinks Ryan Murray should be an AHL defenseman rather then watching him and see how solid his play is. Ill never judfe a player on numbers only what they bring to the ice. You will find top corsi guys who if you only looked at stats you would drool over then you found out who it is and your like oh... they actually suck.

You keep reading your numbers we will watch the real games where the players actually play and we see if they are good or not... not their possession of the puck in the neutral zone in the 2nd half of the first period when down 2 on home ice %

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I didnt move any posts just clarified part of my stance you seemed to not understand so I went more specific because you took it broad

Panarin got more offensive starts because he is the best offensive player we ever had? Just because he is also one of the best defensive forwards as well doesnt mean sacrifice his elite offense. Your logic isnt sound there.

Then you say while playing with PLD he couldnt put up points... you do Know PLD only hit 50pts and was a rookie who played maybe 60 games at C this year? Seems like you again didnt watch much.

Your the type of guy that thinks Ryan Murray should be an AHL defenseman rather then watching him and see how solid his play is. Ill never judfe a player on numbers only what they bring to the ice. You will find top corsi guys who if you only looked at stats you would drool over then you found out who it is and your like oh... they actually suck.

You keep reading your numbers we will watch the real games where the players actually play and we see if they are good or not... not their possession of the puck in the neutral zone in the 2nd half of the first period when down 2 on home ice %
Tell me, how many games have you watched Minnesota play this year or last year?

For the life of me, never call me a corsi guy. Or a QoC guy either. Those stats are indicative of situations and willingness to shoot. Goal and assist totals are actually meaningful in games.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Mikey, stop talking, Please. No one can take anything you say seriously with this stuff about assists not being important.

You should speak on whatever little it is you might know and talk about that rather then look silly talking here. The CBJ have the 2 best players in the deal... the throw ins sadly in this case wear green.

You are objectively off your rocker on this one. Granlund, at least, is significantly better than Anderson. At this point, Nino probably is, too, but the distance between Nino and Anderson is a bit less pronounced. I am admittedly frostier on Niederreiter than MIN fans are. Either way, you are very much wrong. If you're going to throw out these crazy even strength goal numbers, NN in the last 4 years has 18, 18, 17, and 11 even strength goals, with this past season lessened by the injuries that MIN fans have shared previously. Here's their 23 and 24 y.o. season numbers side by side, as well:

Player 1: 141 GP, 36 goals, 23 assists, 8 GWGs, 317 SOG (13%)
Player 2: 164 GP, 45 goals, 55 assists, 4 GWGs, 345 SOG (11.7%)

Anderson is not, will not, and should not be a first line forward at any point. You are vastly overrating him. He's a valuable piece of our team, but there are no throw ins in this deal. This is about as much of a hockey trade as there could be. If there was a reason for MIN to acquire Bread, this is probably the sort of deal Jarmo would swing because he seems to be a magician at those moves.

Reactions: Viqsi and 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Mikey, stop talking, Please. No one can take anything you say seriously with this stuff about assists not being important.

You are objectively off your rocker on this one. Granlund, at least, is significantly better than Anderson. At this point, Nino probably is, too, but the distance between Nino and Anderson is a bit less pronounced. I am admittedly frostier on Niederreiter than MIN fans are. Either way, you are very much wrong. If you're going to throw out these crazy even strength goal numbers, NN in the last 4 years has 18, 18, 17, and 11 even strength goals, with this past season lessened by the injuries that MIN fans have shared previously. Here's their 23 and 24 y.o. season numbers side by side, as well:

Player 1: 141 GP, 36 goals, 23 assists, 8 GWGs, 317 SOG (13%)
Player 2: 164 GP, 45 goals, 55 assists, 4 GWGs, 345 SOG (11.7%)

Anderson is not, will not, and should not be a first line forward at any point. You are vastly overrating him. He's a valuable piece of our team, but there are no throw ins in this deal. This is about as much of a hockey trade as there could be. If there was a reason for MIN to acquire Bread, this is probably the sort of deal Jarmo would swing because he seems to be a magician at those moves.
Thank you for bringing some sanity from the Cbus side of the discussion, but just so we're clear. Panarin doesn't sniff even one of Nino or Granlund in a trade. Talking about getting both is beyond ridiculous.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Thank you for bringing some sanity from the Cbus side of the discussion, but just so we're clear. Panarin doesn't sniff even one of Nino or Granlund in a trade. Talking about getting both is beyond ridiculous.
The fact that you still have to keep going even after CBJ fans come in here on your side is the reason this wont die. Because as off as even some fellow fans think I am your still off that much further... im Sure McDavid couldnt sniff a conditional 7th from the wild 6 years from now either.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Granlund for signed panarin would be lucky?!? No... and no we are fine qith him walking. Look at 90-95% of cbj fans we would rather a winning year and him walk then have a worse team in the playoffs and 2 average assets just to say he didn't leave free... we hold no ill will if he walks. It hurts more to sell rental prices then keep.

What a fantasy land.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
So now we have mikey from other side. Seems fair.

Reactions: mikeyp24

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It's almost like contract status plays a role in a players value? I have a feeling that some of you are going to be rather disapointed when you realize that fact.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
It's almost like contract status plays a role in a players value? I have a feeling that some of you are going to be rather disapointed when you realize that fact.
I'm not gonna be disappointed in anything, i'm pretty much ok with playing him whole season and then let him free. But Granlund has 1 more year(than Panarin) left on his deal with similar to Panarin cap hit, you treat him like he has Scheifele contract.

Anyway, this thread is pointless he will not sign in Minnesota.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Thats why I have upped my stance and kept going. Im fighting their crazu with crazy. You guys see how normal I am in the cbj section vut these 2 minn fans are just out there making me raise my game to 11 to argue. Panarin is better then everyone on that team but they dont think he can get their 2nd and 4th best forwards...

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'm not gonna be disappointed in anything, i'm pretty much ok with playing him whole season and then let him free. But Granlund has 1 more year(than Panarin) left on his deal with similar to Panarin cap hit, you treat him like he has Scheifele contract.

Anyway, this thread is pointless he will not sign in Minnesota.
If Granlund comes out next summer and says that he isn't signing in Minnesota, then his trade value will tank just like Panarin's did.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
If Granlund comes out next summer and says that he isn't signing in Minnesota, then his trade value will tank just like Panarin's did.
When Panarin says that let us know maybe we can lower that offer a bit

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
This is not what you were implying at first. You said Panarin won't sniff Granlund as a return. At this moment Panarin has 1 year left on his deal Granlund has 2, similar cap hit (with Panarin due to pay just 4M real money for this season). at this moment you don't know if Granlund will re-sign with you either.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is not what you were implying at first. You said Panarin won't sniff Granlund as a return. At this moment Panarin has 1 year left on his deal Granlund has 2, similar cap hit (with Panarin due to pay just 4M real money for this season). at this moment you don't know if Granlund will re-sign with you either.
It is far, far, more likely that Granlund will re-sign with the Wild than Panarin with CBJ. No one is saying that Granlund is a better player than Panarin, but to expect MN to blindly ignore the contract issues of the latter is bizarre.

Contracts matter. Cap hits matter. Pretending they don't is silly.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Let me ask, Seguin, EK, Anders Lee can't sniff a Granlund return either, right?
Do you honestly have that little of understanding of how "rental" trades work? Panarin, Seguin, and Karlsson are all much better players than Granlund, but NO, none would return Granlund in a trade under their current contract situations. That's not even a bold statement, it's common sense.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Do you honestly have that little of understanding of how "rental" trades work? Panarin, Seguin, and Karlsson are all much better players than Granlund, but NO, none would return Granlund in a trade under their current contract situations. That's not even a bold statement, it's common sense.
Again you treat Granlund like he's signed long term or RFA. He's not.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
People still keep saying rental when every cbj fan has said all deals revolve around him signing an extension. We have saod from day 1 we arent trading him for rental deals. So any deal with Panarin there is no rental its for 8yrs of Panarin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad