Proposal: Jackets/ Wild Blockbuster

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Again you treat Granlund like he's signed long term or RFA. He's not.
And that still has nothing to do with Panarin's trade value. Would you have traded Panarin for Tavares at the deadline last year?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
People still keep saying rental when every cbj fan has said all deals revolve around him signing an extension. We have saod from day 1 we arent trading him for rental deals. So any deal with Panarin there is no rental its for 8yrs of Panarin.
You and the CBJ fans aren't the people that get to decide if Panarin signs an extension.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You and the CBJ fans aren't the people that get to decide if Panarin signs an extension.
No buy we decide if we trade him... and there is 0 reason to trade unless he is signed. Him walking is acceptable for us. So of you want to pay the price a signed Panarin would get for 1 year of him ok. But look at the JJ situation last year. Unlike Panarin he asked out and when we didnt get the 1st we wanted instead of settling for a 3rd we.said it helps us more to keep him.

Plus he could still sign here the man has.never said he wants out or qill not resign. He said hesitant to sign now. While its a very high chance he walks thats his right. But GMJK isnt going to deal just to deal and because someone thinks we need to salvage.anything we can. Our team actually had a more successful year before him and will be fine without we just obviously would rather keep him. But if fans are sayin gatbage offers like this is what we have to take we will enjoy our own Panarin rental.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Thats why I have upped my stance and kept going. Im fighting their crazu with crazy. You guys see how normal I am in the cbj section vut these 2 minn fans are just out there making me raise my game to 11 to argue. Panarin is better then everyone on that team but they dont think he can get their 2nd and 4th best forwards...
Wouldn’t trade Granlund+Nino for an un-signed Panarin. That would be counterproductive and actually crazy talk. Granlund has given no reason to believe he won’t re-sign long term in Minnesota. Panarin doesn’t want to talk contract at all.

Your Anderson comments are “crazy” though, I agree.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Wouldn’t trade Granlund+Nino for an un-signed Panarin. That would be counterproductive and actually crazy talk. Granlund has given no reason to believe he won’t re-sign long term in Minnesota. Panarin doesn’t want to talk contract at all.

Your Anderson comments are “crazy” though, I agree.
I dont blame you for not wanting to. If you wanted Panarin thats not likely the cost. Id say E Ek, 1st, and Nino/Granlund.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

If the only valuable posting is to be done by actual NHL front office types, then what are any of us doing here? Is Fenton one of the Wild posters in here, actually discussing what players he would offer?

I mean, I get that this thread has hopped the train to sillytown, but it's not because none of us are NHL GMs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
You know when fans say they're fine with losing an elite player for nothing but a playoff chance its bad. And Columbus really hasnt been that big of a playoff threat as of late.

Youd think Tavares would have shocked all the GMs to get value from now on (unless you're a premier contender, top 2-3 team)
You're still not getting it.

We've already lost.

We know this, and we accept that we have lost. The question then becomes - do we want even more middle-6 guys who won't add to what we already have, OR do we want a year of an elite guy such that we might be able to get something done before the consequences of having lost finally show up?

The latter is far more valuable.

* * *​
CBJ fans have hard time understanding that Panarin is a high end gamebreaking RENTAL. Nobody will give core players in rental deals.
We understand that he's a rental. We're treating him as our rental, and if you want him you will have to pay us something that gets us to give up an elite rental.

Reactions: mikeyp24

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You're still not getting it.

We've already lost.

We know this, and we accept that we have lost. The question then becomes - do we want even more middle-6 guys who won't add to what we already have, OR do we want a year of an elite guy such that we might be able to get something done before the consequences of having lost finally show up?

The latter is far more valuable.

* * *​

We understand that he's a rental. We're treating him as our rental, and if you want him you will have to pay us something that gets us to give up an elite rental.

I get and understand and appreciate most of what you said, but you lost me when you called Granlund, " a middle six guy" as if you could go down to the winger store and pick one up anytime.

How about we refer to Panarin as the " little Russian guy" from now on?
Don't know if you're being childish, or just misinformed.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I get and understand and appreciate most of what you said, but you lost me when you called Granlund, " a middle six guy" as if you could go down to the winger store and pick one up anytime.

Granlund is not substantially better than what we already have. He's at the high end of what we already have, but we need substantially better.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006

Viq's comment was about a Panarin trade in the macro hypothetical sense, where we've seen most returns involve multiple middle six guys sent to Columbus, rather than speaking to this particular trade. Such a return is unhelpful to Columbus, thus many of us preferring holding onto our own elite rental rather than Dubinsky, Anisimov, and a meh prospect*. I don't think she was commenting on this particular deal.

*827, did you just bring up Howson's Rick Nash trade again? Why yes, I did. Unlike then, we have legitimate middle six depth, and just lack top end talent.

Reactions: Viqsi

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Yeah, no. I disagree there, Viqsi. Granlund would be our best winger over Atkinson, though I wouldn't put it as an astronomical distance. A return around Granlund, if MIN was to be in the running to acquire Panarin, is a great return for us. It just isn't going to happen, as this awful dumpster fire of a thread is showcasing.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
EDIT: Yeah, no. I disagree there, Viqsi. Granlund would be our best winger over Atkinson, though I wouldn't put it as an astronomical distance. A return around Granlund, if MIN was to be in the running to acquire Panarin, is a great return for us. It just isn't going to happen, as this awful dumpster fire of a thread is showcasing.
I believe I used the phrase "substantially better". And I like Atkinson more. :)

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If the only valuable posting is to be done by actual NHL front office types, then what are any of us doing here? Is Fenton one of the Wild posters in here, actually discussing what players he would offer?

I mean, I get that this thread has hopped the train to sillytown, but it's not because none of us are NHL GMs.
Sorry, I didn't intend for it to sound like that. Was trying to say that just because his trade value is higher with an extension, doesn't mean that Panarin will sign one. Wasn't trying to play the "You're not really a GM" card.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Sorry, I didn't intend for it to sound like that. Was trying to say that just because his trade value is higher with an extension, doesn't mean that Panarin will sign one. Wasn't trying to play the "You're not really a GM" card.

One of the weird, frustrating things about the Panarin situation is that most of what we're going on is conjecture, where media talking heads and writers are extrapolating meaning from just a few quotes from Panarin's agent. So we don't really know whether he's open to negotiating with a potential trade partner, or if he's completely closed the door on ever signing in Columbus. I think it's fair to assume Kekalainen knows more, given the couple of sit-downs he's had with the player and agent, but no one who actually knows details is providing them.

All of this doesn't make our fan discussions any easier, because there's so much conjecture that people have decided to weight differently. So yeah you're absolutely right that we don't know Panarin will sign an extension anywhere, and so we're often talking about two different things in these threads. And message boards aren't exactly the best places to have nuanced discussions...

tl;dr -- It's cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi and 2Pair

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Yeah, no. I disagree there, Viqsi. Granlund would be our best winger over Atkinson, though I wouldn't put it as an astronomical distance. A return around Granlund, if MIN was to be in the running to acquire Panarin, is a great return for us. It just isn't going to happen, as this awful dumpster fire of a thread is showcasing.
I would strongly disagree with him being better then cam. Cams short handed skill makes.him an actual threat short handed as much as he is on the pp. He has improved his numbers literally every year from his previous year. Last year was his first year his goals didnt increase but his actual goals per game might have been more. He also never played 1st line until thisnpast year if im remembering right. His toughness is insane playing at a high level after he broke his foot.

Cam is probably the most underrated forward in the league. If not then definitely top 10 most underrated.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Must be why Panarin has said he wants everything figured out by the regular season and has had 2 meetings this summer with Kekalainen. I'm sure those were for Panarin's side Russian mail order bride service & not his contract.

pretty sure it was quoted he wanted it all done by september 13th, might be wrong day, start of training camp so he can focus on hockey during the season.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I've been on the "own-rental" side Re: Panarin since the bad news broke: "Unless we're getting the return commensurate with an elite talent signed long term, then it will be a elite-rental return and the Jackets should be the ones paying it."

I must admit that Granlund is pushing it though - he's a top line playmaker which would move the needle in the long run. He's kind of in between my two categories of return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad