Proposal: Jackets/ Wild Blockbuster

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I’m surprised the minny fan said no.

My gut says its leans in favors towards Minnesota (under the assumption the GN has talked to him and he is willing to extend long term there)

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I think there's very little chance Panarin ends up in Minnesota.

If Columbus is trading Panarin it's only because they can't re-sign him. My guess is that they'll offer pretty much whatever it'd take in terms of money/term to sign him, so if he doesn't extend it's because he doesn't want to sign there.

That leaves two options.

1.) He's not willing to extend in Minnesota either, in which case the Wild are obviously not going to offer anything near Granlund and Nino.

2.) He's willing to extend in Minnesota, but that means the Wild are just bidding against the other teams that he's willing to extend with. A bidding war is possible, but the shorter that list of teams is the lower the bids are likely to be.

My guess is that the likelihood of Option 1 is > 90%, so it's probably not worth thinking about. If he was willing to extend with Minnesota I think the only way they'd offer Granlund is if they weren't comfortable with what it'll take to extend him next summer. Again, that doesn't seem likely.

Reactions: Mork

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
**** no. For one, we need LWs. For another, even if the LW thing was ignored we're not adding Anderson to Panarin for that.

Both Granlund and Nino are left handed. They play RW in Minnesota because we only have one right handed forward top 9 forward. Nino in particular switches side often.

As for the trade itself, Bazeek probably said it best. Doesn't make sense for MN>

Reactions: CPTN71

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Both Granlund and Nino are left handed. They play RW in Minnesota because we only have one right handed forward top 9 forward. Nino in particular switches side often.

As for the trade itself, Bazeek probably said it best. Doesn't make sense for MN>
Cool. That addresses one of the two fatal complaints. Still untenable for us as well.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
If Panarin would sign an extension in Minnesota it would be a fair deal. Everything you hear though suggests he wouldn't be interested.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Columbus fans would be doing backflips to get that as a return for a guy who's leaving in a year anyway.

Reactions: Mork and CPTN71

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Columbus fans would be doing backflips to get that as a return for a guy who's leaving in a year anyway.
#1 Like Viqsi said for a year of Panarin sure but that is not taking into what is logically going to happen with Panarin so ill say the second thing is
#2 Panarin isnt gauranteed to go he just said henis unsure which could mean a few things. Wants to see if qe improve, wants to make it further in the playoffs, wants to see what Bob is doing. That stuff could all lead to him staying. If he wants out we only trade him extended which we all keep saying but every team refuses to listen and say "blah blah 1 year blah blah" or "I dont listen to people who know the team and situation so 1 year hur dur I dont listen" (not saying you but other threads it has happened an unacceptable amount for expecting to talk with fans that should understand how the market works). 1 year of Panarin and having a better chance to advance with him then getting a return like thos or B prospect and a 1st.
#3 This trade even for 1 year is HORRIBLE for us. Id easily take Anderson over either of the 2 guys alone. He has won at every level and been a huge part in succeeding on those teams. We havent missed the playoffs with him and he is our best goal scorer even stegnth Im pretty sure. If it wasnt for his injury last year he would have been 25-30g and he hit 19 all ES while playing 3rd line. Our players are stupidly underrated.

We are not good partners. Panarin doesn't sign in minni and we are likely only moving him unsigned for over pay. If he magically decided yes I actually really want to go there you dont have the C we would want good enough for bread. We honestly only have like 5 teams/players that make sense trade wise signed and 3 others that unsigned overpay would work.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
#1 Like Viqsi said for a year of Panarin sure but that is not taking into what is logically going to happen with Panarin so ill say the second thing is
#2 Panarin isnt gauranteed to go he just said henis unsure which could mean a few things. Wants to see if qe improve, wants to make it further in the playoffs, wants to see what Bob is doing. That stuff could all lead to him staying. If he wants out we only trade him extended which we all keep saying but every team refuses to listen and say "blah blah 1 year blah blah" or "I dont listen to people who know the team and situation so 1 year hur dur I dont listen" (not saying you but other threads it has happened an unacceptable amount for expecting to talk with fans that should understand how the market works). 1 year of Panarin and having a better chance to advance with him then getting a return like thos or B prospect and a 1st.
#3 This trade even for 1 year is HORRIBLE for us. Id easily take Anderson over either of the 2 guys alone. He has won at every level and been a huge part in succeeding on those teams. We havent missed the playoffs with him and he is our best goal scorer even stegnth Im pretty sure. If it wasnt for his injury last year he would have been 25-30g and he hit 19 all ES while playing 3rd line. Our players are stupidly underrated.

We are not good partners. Panarin doesn't sign in minni and we are likely only moving him unsigned for over pay. If he magically decided yes I actually really want to go there you dont have the C we would want good enough for bread. We honestly only have like 5 teams/players that make sense trade wise signed and 3 others that unsigned overpay would work.
That's actually crazy to me. Anderson over Granlund? Yikes.

Just looking at TOI, Anderson was second amongst forwards for even strength and 5th for forwards in all situations for Columbus. He may have played on your third line but he wasn't receiving third line minutes. For example, the only forwards on Minnesota with more TOI/game were Granlund and Koivu, both were less than 1 minutes worth more per game. On the contrast, Nino plays less than Anderson by 3 minutes in TOI/game. He would have been first on Minnesota in terms of even strength TOI/game.

Last edited:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
That's ridiculous. You ought to learn more about Granlund.
I know plenty about him I have just always valued Anderson highly before he ever touched NHL ice and its extremely evident wild fans havent seen mucb if any of him on the ice. The guy os lightning on skates and just has a competitive level like a Kyrie he will do whatever it takes. Great shot, pretty good fighter, whenever he decides he wants to play heavy and wear people down...

Granlund is a great player but he isnt what we need as a player especially if we are trading bread too. I really think cbj fans underrate how good he is. He is probably our 3rd best goal scorer and he doesnt need a pp to do it. One of our fastest skaters and one of our toughest skaters. If he wants to wear you down he can or if he wants to out finess he can do it too. Also we are set on RW we need a 1B center of a high end Lw.

Wild fans havent watched him if they dont think he is at least = in value

Last edited:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You are either an absurdly biased homer, or Anderson's Mom.
You need to watch Anderson and not just stats... the guy can put up 25 goals withoit a pp while playing like a clean tom wilson physically. He did 20 on the 3rd line year 1 and 19 in a top 6 role missing like 20 games. The guy is legit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad