GDT: Jackets vs Caps

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The two PPs look like polar opposites. As if one is a top of league PP and the other is the cellar dwellat of the NHL
There's a part of me that's considering the idea that maybe the reason why our guys look so tentative out there on the PP is because we've only got the one point guy with our 1-3-1, and therefore there's more concern about counterattacks and thus more worry about the puck. But that's mostly a guess.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
There's a part of me that's considering the idea that maybe the reason why our guys look so tentative out there on the PP is because we've only got the one point guy with our 1-3-1, and therefore there's more concern about counterattacks and thus more worry about the puck. But that's mostly a guess.
All of that seems entirely feasible and good insight. Just wish we would fix it instead of having us have to psychoanalyze the hell out of our players!

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Of course, thanks Wennberg

It would help if Sedlak would have not been out of position.

He got sucked in too deep on the PP goal, left way too much room between himself and the point guy and it cost them a goal

Werenski wasn’t the problem in the top pairing...

Washington had 2 glorious chances because of Jones misplays

You need to go back to that PP goal and explain to me what Werenski was doing and who he was covering.

Sedlak was so low, covering for Werenski.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
So do we want to begin speculating if Duclair will be within our price range come time to re-sign? Guy has been strong overall. Not hot-and-cold as some of our other players have been

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Is it just me or is Anderson having an unusually rough game defensively today? He seems almost slow on his skates or something.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
So do we want to begin speculating if Duclair will be within our price range come time to re-sign? Guy has been strong overall. Not hot-and-cold as some of our other players have been

He's an RFA, so they should get something done if they want to re-sign him.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If someone had told me that tonight would come down to a battle of special teams and that we'd be in a good position to win as a result I confess I would have been very skeptical.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
He’s a RFA next season, makes the contract an even bigger steal

He's an RFA, so they should get something done if they want to re-sign him.

I had forgotten about the RFA status. Even better! Guy is sure making me hope he's in consideration for that. Feels like he could be an integral part of the team versus a point-getter (Gagner v. Duclair)

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Is it just me or does it seem like there is no sense of urgency on the Caps part since we scored the go ahead goal. Both teams just skating up and down the ice but feels like they are at 3/4 speed.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Is it just me or does it seem like there is no sense of urgency on the Caps part since we scored the go ahead goal. Both teams just skating up and down the ice but feels like they are at 3/4 speed.
They do seem a little discombobulated.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Duclair is looking fantastic.... Bobs looking like the guy we need, combined with Dallas and tonight his head's on solid now, he's sharp as a tack tonight.... I think he likes that mask...

Jackets look solid tonight with Cam out....

Two PPG's.... that's important.

Reactions: thebus88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad