GDT: Jackets vs Caps

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Our zone exit passes are problematic tonight. Bob is keeping this game scoreless.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
D zone play is horrendous right now. Nights like these are probably why Bob feels he deserves the payday. He's not exactly wrong. Skaters doing nothing to win game, all Bob.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
What’s the point of the drop pass on the PP?
When done correctly it allows a player full flight entry into the zone when the other 4 players are tagged by the 4 defenders. CBJ do it so slowly that one of those defenders is able to adjust to new entry.

PP sucks because everything we do is too slow. Passes slow so D able to maintain position even ehen pass gets to recipient; no shot lane.

On that note; Bjork!!

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Yep, same Captain that others on here swear kills the offense and power ply every time he touches the puck. :rolleyes:

Rimer made a comment about changing the primary assist to Wennberg after they played the replay and Jody mentioned the Foligno pass...

Reactions: Halfboard

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Just here to acknowledge that when our great coach is forced to play one of his non checkers , an actual skill player , a power play goal is scored . Who would have thought ?

Reactions: MoeBartoli

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
D zone play is horrendous right now. Nights like these are probably why Bob feels he deserves the payday. He's not exactly wrong. Skaters doing nothing to win game, all Bob.
Let’s not get carried away, in no way does he remotely deserve the payday he’s asking for . Especially in light of Gibson (who is a better goalie , younger , signed a 6.8 mill deal . Just because Montreal wanted to ruin their franchise , doesn’t mean the jackets should be equally as dumb

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Just here to acknowledge that when our great coach is forced to play one of his non checkers , an actual skill player , a power play goal is scored . Who would have thought ?
Said goal was made entirely possible by the effort of Alex Wennberg and Nick Foligno - the guys the "play the kids, Torts is ruining everything" crowd want to see much less of. Bjorkstrand had a wide open net.

There's a case to be made for playing Bjorkstrand and Milano more, but this isn't it.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Said goal was made entirely possible by the effort of Alex Wennberg and Nick Foligno - the guys the "play the kids, Torts is ruining everything" crowd want to see much less of. Bjorkstrand had a wide open net.

There's a case to be made for playing Bjorkstrand and Milano more, but this isn't it.
The effort of Wennberg , you serious ? As usual he made a simple 3 foot pass to foligno , who drove the play , and created the goal. Of Wennbergs 7 points this year , nearly every one I remember have been secondary

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

They did a great job of setting it up. But we've often demonstrated a wide open net is no assurance of a goal. :) (BTW, I would consider Wennberg a young guy).

Reactions: The Bread Man

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The effort of Wennberg , you serious ? As usual he made a simple 3 foot pass to foligno , who drove the play , and created the goal. Of Wennbergs 7 points this year , nearly every one I remember have been secondary
Yes, yes, we get it, you hate everyone who's gotten more than ten minutes of ice time.

* * *​
They did a great job of setting it up. But we've often demonstrated a wide open net is no assurance of a goal. :) (BTW, I would consider Wennberg a young guy).
So would I, but that doesn't seem to stop the "we're playing too many vets" crowd. ;)

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Let’s not get carried away, in no way does he remotely deserve the payday he’s asking for . Especially in light of Gibson (who is a better goalie , younger , signed a 6.8 mill deal . Just because Montreal wanted to ruin their franchise , doesn’t mean the jackets should be equally as dumb
I'm not for paying what he's asking. I would love it if the team didn't force a goaltender to carry them on their back. When the win is almost wholly attributable to the goaltender saving your bacon, he probably feels entitled to a payday. All I was saying. I'm fully ok with a competant goaltender that doesn't handcuff us on cap space. CBJ needs to quit keeping goalies in the fire for so long, though. Not many goalies can handle that.

Reactions: The Bread Man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad