Post-Game Talk: Jacket

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Here's my agenda. I don't care if Panarin makes 50 bad passes if 25 of them end up as scoring chances while 15 of them end up with someone putting it in the net. The dude has made a career out of being a playmaker. High risk, high reward, right? We're paying the dude, so let him gatdamn pass. He produces. Period. I was very critical of Panarin during the playoffs last season, but we wouldn't have been out of the 1st round if he didn't pot that big goal. My agenda is that if you're producing, then play your game. Everyone has bad/ordinary games, the love of your hockey life more than the usual.

Players that produce get more leniency from me than players who don't produce while their stans blame the organization, the coaches, Giuliani, the moon's ecliptic, before they even begin to think about putting some responsibility on Laf to better himself. However, you have no trouble calling out kids from other teams that have holes in their games, even when those players are clearly levels above our one misfit.

Look, your obsession with Laf is unsettling. You got three votes for top players of the game, and I bet if you could, you'd use all three on Laf. Don't cry to me about agendas.
Go look back on my thoughts about Kakko and krav….had the same opinions on them as well. Your obsession with calling out laf every game is unsettling. Your obsession with trading him is downright horrible

Reactions: trilobyte

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rangers have only 1 game in 5 days.

0010271A-DAC9-4165-8B4A-38AE9F588812.gif

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
It's something me and my brother noticed a while ago, he struggles more than your average high end player with handling pucks in tight to his body. He makes up for it with the rest of his game but I think it's one of the reasons why he's not quite in that upper echelon of centers in the league. But for the most part I've been happy with his game this year. More 5v5 goals would be nice but he needs his wingers to get him the puck in shooting positions, that's how he's gonna score his goals and that hasn't really happened as often as he's needed.

Love Mika but I see what you're talking about from time to time. I find it's almost like he's playing with a stick too long for in-tight puck maneuverability, maybe it's a bit longer for a little extra torque on those one timers and extra range on defensive poke checks? (it would make sense)

Reactions: DanielBrassard

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It wasn't always like this. In 2019 he had the wheels to play differently, it's now that he is much slower and needs to rely on his playmaking/passing + support that the issues are real.

I don't think he lost his pace so much as that in 2019 under Quinn he was allowed to do literally whatever he wanted on the ice with no exceptions. The team was fully in rebuild, we knew the depth to make the playoffs wasn't there and so we let Bread go out and just party (Including games we were leading where most coaches would insist on going to low risk hockey, which led to a lot of points being accumulated in blowout victories)

As for finding his correct linemates, that for me isn't a huge issue. Gaborik spent time with Christensen. Jagr spent time with a young Dubinsky. Feel free to tinker.

My theory is that Panarin-Goodrow-Kravtsov cold be the unsolved puzzle.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Almost every thread, a lot of people bitch about Zib. Today, he's great and a Selke candidate.

Chytil could now be a legit #2 center, but forwards don't develop here. I wouldn't mind him and Trocheck flipping assignments and I have no complaints with Trocheck.

If Kakko figures out that he doesn't always have to defer to his teammates and to shoot it more often, he'll be a legit 1st liner. (See Chytil)

Panarin has slowed but he's still by far the best forward at creating great scoring chances and he still leads them in scoring and scoring at even-strength. I never understood getting angry at a player because of his salary. I would understand getting mad at management for overpaying, but whatever a player can get, he should get.

If you're an NHL player, you're not lazy.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Can someone tell me why Mika shouldn’t be nominated for Selke? His defense has been amazing and he’s on pace for almost 40 goals again
I couldn't tell u that. Don't know if it's because of his hair being so recognizable but never remember any player skating nearly 200' x3 in one shift. (I may be exaggerating a bit, but you know.....

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I don't think he lost his pace so much as that in 2019 under Quinn he was allowed to do literally whatever he wanted on the ice with no exceptions. The team was fully in rebuild, we knew the depth to make the playoffs wasn't there and so we let Bread go out and just party (Including games we were leading where most coaches would insist on going to low risk hockey, which led to a lot of points being accumulated in blowout victories)

As for finding his correct linemates, that for me isn't a huge issue. Gaborik spent time with Christensen. Jagr spent time with a young Dubinsky. Feel free to tinker.

My theory is that Panarin-Goodrow-Kravtsov cold be the unsolved puzzle.
Yup
Quinn >>> Gallant

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Just to be clear from the GDT,

I liked the Kravtsov I saw tonight, but not in a “like” way like Ed likes him.
Even forgetting about the goal, he was much more involved had many touches, many solid defensive plays and fought in the corners. Even though he got manhandled a few times. Ummm, was that last night or the Montreal game. Anyway, he was "likable". Would love to say that about Laf, but that doesnt seem in the near future.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
You know who deserves some positive mentions? Jonny Brodzinski. When this kid was called up and playing for the Rangers during Quinn's last season he looked so inept at all times. He was always out of position and just making tons of mistakes every single shift. I remember even in a lost season being infuriated every time he was on the ice. Since then he's improved tons and major credit to him is due. He worked hard in Hartford, became their captain and most reliable scorer and earned his way up to being the first call up and at this point he's a legitimately effective 4th line NHLer, a legit NHL player at that. He works hard and has good wheels and he's gotten smarter with his positioning and in turn it's made him more effective at using his speed. Major kudos to our Jonny hockey.
He really does deserve your post. Been thrilled with his play, and really makes the 4th line palatable. More chances than we would expect and usually on the rush, go figure. Eventually he will pot one of those and the world will be a be a better place.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Trocheck & Panarin still have no chemistry, I'd like to see

Kreider - Zibanejad - Kakko
Panarin - Chytil - Kravtsov
Lafreniere - Trocheck - Vesey
Leschyshyn - Brodzinski - Goodrow

I would still keep Laf with kakko and Zib.

Make the kreider-trocheck-vesey/goodrow a line which would be a shutdown pain in the ass type line that can also score.

Reactions: RagFinMet

xsniper11x

Jul 12, 2002
Visit site
Trocheck really is a shoot first Scott Gomez that actually hits people. Fast, loves to carry in, generally goes in the direction of the net, not afraid to carry up the middle. Huge upgrade over Strome, but I don't love all aspects of his game, and I still think that contract is dumb (mainly because of the number of years).

However he has ZERO chemistry with Panarin and I'm really getting tired of seeing the two of them together. There is a quarter season's worth of evidence that the two of them accomplish jack shit together, and yet together they remain.

Trocheck Kreider Vesey was a damn good line, though.
Here is the issue. Who has shown any chemistry w/ Panarin besides Strome? It feels like our 2nd line is a perpetual black hole and there’s only one constant.

CK-MZ-KK: great line
AL-FC-KK: great line
CK-VT-JV or VK: real good potential
Panarin and ??? One dud after another

Tired of having to come back to a guy we’re paying almost $12mm to not make anyone better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad