Post-Game Talk: Jacket

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
If I had a nickel for every time a player sets up another player for an amazing play and doesn't bury it, I'd be rich. Laf isn't the only player that makes good plays, but he's certainly the least of all them. That's for sure.
Like clockwork you need to bash laf. It’s gotten to the point that I enjoy reading your complete nonsense. The kid played well tonight and the team won.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
You know who deserves some positive mentions? Jonny Brodzinski. When this kid was called up and playing for the Rangers during Quinn's last season he looked so inept at all times. He was always out of position and just making tons of mistakes every single shift. I remember even in a lost season being infuriated every time he was on the ice. Since then he's improved tons and major credit to him is due. He worked hard in Hartford, became their captain and most reliable scorer and earned his way up to being the first call up and at this point he's a legitimately effective 4th line NHLer, a legit NHL player at that. He works hard and has good wheels and he's gotten smarter with his positioning and in turn it's made him more effective at using his speed. Major kudos to our Jonny hockey.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Like clockwork you need to bash laf. It’s gotten to the point that I enjoy reading your complete nonsense. The kid played well tonight and the team won.

I can't remember seeing a "Laf played well tonight". Thanks. It's part of my game bingo when I hear this in a PGT with the kid not having any points. Oh look. Bingo. Much appreciated.

I'm terribly sorry that I'm hurting your feelings over Laf. Would it make it fair to you if I said you're hurting my feelings by talking shit about the guy who leads our team in points? Also, I think Harp is playing decently for a D-man on a team that struggles with D. How about that too? :)

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
@Machinehead noted in the PGT that Trocheck is the 'worst' good player he's seen since Stepan and I feel that deep down in my bones.

Make no mistake, that doesn't mean I don't like Trocheck, I do. Stepan was my favorite skater on those Rangers teams 2012-2016.

Trocheck has great wheels and he's very solid all over the ice and in all situations but he could have a highlight reel of weird/bad plays from every single game. It's actually crazy he's as good of an NHL player as he is while having puck skills reminiscent of a D3 NCAA level player, I'm not joking when I say that 100% played with players who topped out on our college team who absolutely had better skills with the puck on their stick. Honestly it should be a compliment to Trocheck that he's as good as he is considering how lacking his puck skills can be at times.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Mika is such a good all around player when he's moving his feet and playing with pace. I still think Zibanejad coming down the ice with a full head of steam is in that next tier below McDavid (who is on a tier of his own) for scariest player coming down the ice. He honestly gives me early 2010 Malkin vibes when he's coming down the ice with speed.

That being said, I mentioned it in the GDT that Im not sure what's up with him skill wise but he's bobbly and fumbling a crazy amount of pucks. @DanielBrassard astutely noted that this is something he's struggled with frequently with pucks in tight to his body and that is definitely true and a good call, I was still noticing it on pucks out further from him body as well as him moving with the puck and trying to stickhandle and fumbling it. Like I feel like the past few games he's struggled with keeping pucks clean for some reason, regardless of what rink he's on or ice conditions it always looks like he's playing on bad ice. He's such a good player that it's very frustrating when stuff like that happens because he's always doing so many good things.
It's something me and my brother noticed a while ago, he struggles more than your average high end player with handling pucks in tight to his body. He makes up for it with the rest of his game but I think it's one of the reasons why he's not quite in that upper echelon of centers in the league. But for the most part I've been happy with his game this year. More 5v5 goals would be nice but he needs his wingers to get him the puck in shooting positions, that's how he's gonna score his goals and that hasn't really happened as often as he's needed.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I can't remember seeing a "Laf played well tonight". Thanks. It's part of my game bingo when I hear this in a PGT with the kid not having any points. Oh look. Bingo. Much appreciated.

I'm terribly sorry that I'm hurting your feelings over Laf. Would it make it fair to you if I said you're hurting my feelings by talking shit about the guy who leads our team in points? Also, I think Harp is playing decently for a D-man on a team that struggles with D. How about that too? :)
Haha

See now I know you have no idea what you are talking about. Because when he scores goals he looks like shit. But then when he plays well it’s Oo look zero points….so what is it? Tell me. Please for the love of god put together a thought that makes sense for someone who has watched hockey

Because I didn’t see you come on here everytime panarin was throwing blind passes or missing the net tonight…..it’s cool you have an agenda. It’s wrong but I’m proud of you for putting something down on here

Also if you think Harpur was good tonight….we’ll then idk if we were watching the same game

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
@Machinehead noted in the PGT that Trocheck is the 'worst' good player he's seen since Stepan and I feel that deep down in my bones.

Make no mistake, that doesn't mean I don't like Trocheck, I do. Stepan was my favorite skater on those Rangers teams 2012-2016.

Trocheck has great wheels and he's very solid all over the ice and in all situations but he could have a highlight reel of weird/bad plays from every single game. It's actually crazy he's as good of an NHL player as he is while having puck skills reminiscent of a D3 NCAA level player, I'm not joking when I say that 100% played with players who topped out on our college team who absolutely had better skills with the puck on their stick. Honestly it should be a compliment to Trocheck that he's as good as he is considering how lacking his puck skills can be at times.

LMFAO. 2 v 1 with Panarin tonight and he's carrying, and I yell out, "Oh shit, anyone but you!"

• Haha
Reactions: Machinehead

maris

Oct 20, 2005
Haha

See now I know you have no idea what you are talking about. Because when he scores goals he looks like shit. But then when he plays well it’s Oo look zero points….so what is it? Tell me. Please for the love of god put together a thought that makes sense for someone who has watched hockey

Because I didn’t see you come on here everytime panarin was throwing blind passes or missing the net tonight…..it’s cool you have an agenda. It’s wrong but I’m proud of you for putting something down on here

Also if you think Harpur was good tonight….we’ll then idk if we were watching the same game
wasnt Laf money in last years playoffs?

Reactions: Rangers in 7

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA

Trocheck really is a shoot first Scott Gomez that actually hits people. Fast, loves to carry in, generally goes in the direction of the net, not afraid to carry up the middle. Huge upgrade over Strome, but I don't love all aspects of his game, and I still think that contract is dumb (mainly because of the number of years).

However he has ZERO chemistry with Panarin and I'm really getting tired of seeing the two of them together. There is a quarter season's worth of evidence that the two of them accomplish jack shit together, and yet together they remain.

Trocheck Kreider Vesey was a damn good line, though.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Haha

Here's my agenda. I don't care if Panarin makes 50 bad passes if 25 of them end up as scoring chances while 15 of them end up with someone putting it in the net. The dude has made a career out of being a playmaker. High risk, high reward, right? We're paying the dude, so let him gatdamn pass. He produces. Period. I was very critical of Panarin during the playoffs last season, but we wouldn't have been out of the 1st round if he didn't pot that big goal. My agenda is that if you're producing, then play your game. Everyone has bad/ordinary games, the love of your hockey life more than the usual.

Players that produce get more leniency from me than players who don't produce while their stans blame the organization, the coaches, Giuliani, the moon's ecliptic, before they even begin to think about putting some responsibility on Laf to better himself. However, you have no trouble calling out kids from other teams that have holes in their games, even when those players are clearly levels above our one misfit.

Look, your obsession with Laf is unsettling. You got three votes for top players of the game, and I bet if you could, you'd use all three on Laf. Don't cry to me about agendas.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
But if you exclude the games he didn't score in, he scored a goal a game.

dead-lmao.gif

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
It's something me and my brother noticed a while ago, he struggles more than your average high end player with handling pucks in tight to his body. He makes up for it with the rest of his game but I think it's one of the reasons why he's not quite in that upper echelon of centers in the league. But for the most part I've been happy with his game this year. More 5v5 goals would be nice but he needs his wingers to get him the puck in shooting positions, that's how he's gonna score his goals and that hasn't really happened as often as he's needed.
Yeah, it's a weird minor defect to a superlative player. Even the 5v5 goals being down this year, it doesn't really feel like it's a result of him playing poorly more than it is because he's just getting unlucky. He's playing well all over the ice and getting his chances but just getting unlucky with the finishing (tons of flubbed pucks and missed nets). He's such a good player and so important to our overall success that it feels wrong to complain about him but it's just a little thing. I'm of the opinion that Zibanejad is one of the three player that our success is most dependent on (Mika, Fox and Igor) so having him firing on all cylinders in the playoffs is all I ask.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Solid game. Thought all the kids played well.

Laf really has the worst luck. Set up a couple real good chances and none go in, then gets stoned an a great chance and then his open net shot blocked. But he did look pretty good.

Chytil just looks better and better. This might have been the best game for krav. I really like how both krav and chytil shoot the puck alot. Kakko is just beastly with the puck.

Trocheck and panarin need to be split. Like yesterday.

Johnny bro was solid too!

And halak looked really good.

Harpur should never shoot the puck again.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Assists are important too, and he had 7.

The problem is being a 40 point pace player is a nice improvement only if you build on it.
I mean, it was fine.

People treat it like a statement and it was 0.06 points above his career PPG.

He's always just under .5 PPG. It wasn't anything different.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Trocheck is going to do better with other guys who can dump and grind. He's just too ham-handed to play center with a talent like Panarin.

Panarin is hard to play with. Grinders can't keep up with him and snipers can't cover his freelancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad