Player Discussion Jack Studnicka

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Studnicka does look like a longterm keeper. It's such a good thing that the Bruins didn't sign Tavares, and I hope the current huge success with the draft and development model will keep them from going after Taylor Hall. I hope they can swap Moore for a fairly high draft pick when the roster glut dictates.

Reactions: CLIFFY HOCKEY

Lo97

May 10, 2019
LOL at the number sidetrack but there really isnt much to choose from, 17 and 21 are our lowest available.

There's some openings 27-32, then 45, 49,50 and 51 are open. You're already half way to 100.
Ummmmm 11, 12, and 16 are also open

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Think I would have sent Gaunce down before Jack but either way, kid asserted himself very well and I`m sure we`ll see him in the near future

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Wow I'm completely out of it today. Excuse my idiocy, I woke up at 5:00 AM.
opposite here, can`t recall the last time I have woken up this late in the morning (10:30), honestly think it was back in the days when I used to over serve myself. Had an exhausting shift last night is likely why but I`m usually up by 7 am every morning, not today

Reactions: Saxon Eric

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Think I would have sent Gaunce down before Jack but either way, kid asserted himself very well and I`m sure we`ll see him in the near future

with backes ready and marchand cleared to play, studnicka wouldn't be in the lineup
tonight. and he also gets to play in charlotte today. gaunce was the easy answer as
the extra forward (and the emergency call-up stuff may have something to do with it,
it's so convoluted at this point with the constant transactions).

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
with backes ready and marchand cleared to play, studnicka wouldn't be in the lineup
tonight. and he also gets to play in charlotte today. gaunce was the easy answer as
the extra forward (and the emergency call-up stuff may have something to do with it,
it's so convoluted at this point with the constant transactions).
ah gotcha, thx, I`m easily confused and have 0 idea how to wrap my head around call ups or who gets sent down etc...

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
and while Button most definitely watches a ton of hockey, how many of these players has he legitimately seen live enough times to make a concrete assessment?
I don’t know but he watches them more then me. :p the Russians looked amazing at the jrs. Big fast and skilled.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

As @BruinsNetwork says... this kid is the real deal... and I'm pumped about it. Two-way dangerous short handed skilled C... sounds like a solid Bergy under study to me. Next year, assuming Krech is stil here... Do you break in Stud on the 3rd line RW with Coyle? I think it goes without saying that he's up next year with the big club. Can't wait to watch his game continue to develop. Great selection by Sweens.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

As @BruinsNetwork says... this kid is the real deal... and I'm pumped about it. Two-way dangerous short handed skilled C... sounds like a solid Bergy under study to me. Next year, assuming Krech is stil here... Do you break in Stud on the 3rd line RW with Coyle? I think it goes without saying that he's up next year with the big club. Can't wait to watch his game continue to develop. Great selection by Sweens.

It seems like the Bruins are molding him to be a center right off the bat. Coyle shifted over to RW when he had his couple games and Stud looked good.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
It seems like the Bruins are molding him to be a center right off the bat. Coyle shifted over to RW when he had his couple games and Stud looked good.

Coyle isn't the best in the dot either, but he's so effective after the draw in that role... as long as Coyle is still as dominant at RW, I'm all for that. Obviously Bergy started at RW and then transitioned over, which could happen as well with Krejci most likely moving on after next year (if not moved in the offseason)

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Coyle isn't the best in the dot either, but he's so effective after the draw in that role... as long as Coyle is still as dominant at RW, I'm all for that. Obviously Bergy started at RW and then transitioned over, which could happen as well with Krejci most likely moving on after next year (if not moved in the offseason)
Yeah I don't think it's ideal because I love Coyle at center. They could maybe form a McDavid/Draisaitl thing where they trade off as centers on the same line.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Root

Feb 22, 2010
if they're going to keep scratching Bjork why not give Studnicka a look as 3rd line RW? Kuraly and Wagner have been fine as temporary solutions on the 3rd line, but Studnicka is for real. Would love to see him get a look.

I know he's a center and the Bruins don't want to rush him, but going off pure talent/upside he might be the best option for that spot.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Just a thought. Insert him on one of the bottom lines or change the lines up. This isn’t a thread on prospects just him in general. I think he could really help them. If Bjork is continually benched . Why not? It might be kinda what they did with Seguin in the Cup year.

Reactions: Trizz617 and TCB

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Where does slot in, though? Wing? He's a center. He's not replacing Coyle, nor Krejci, and even trying to playing as a fourth line center, what good will it do if he only gets a few minutes a night with other fourth liners?

I'd love to see him too but I don't want to have him being playing on the wings. He's a center, and i'd rather see him develop as such. I don't want to see this team rush him in just to get some skill guy that's learning the NHL game right at the time Playoff Hockey starts happening and the hitting ramps up considerably. If they were gonna call him up it should have been done before the trade deadline.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
I don’t think Studnicka would have any issue playing wing. I posted this in the line up thread.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Studnicka
Ritchie-Coyle-Kase
Kuraly-Frederic-Wagner

big strong line up that is good at both ends of the ice.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don’t think Studnicka would have any issue playing wing. I posted this in the line up thread.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Studnicka
Ritchie-Coyle-Kase
Kuraly-Frederic-Wagner

big strong line up that is good at both ends of the ice.

I do like that line-up, even if you move Bjork back in on the 3rd or 4th line and slot players in accordingly and who plays the best earns the spot among Frederic,Bjork and Studnicka.

Reactions: BAD BOY

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
I think they should trade Krejci this summer while they can get nice value back for him (like they did with Lucic before his decline). Then slot Studnicka as 3C (Coyle is more than adequate as a 2C on a good team) and give him the year to learn. Then, if by the trade deadline Studnicka hasn't progressed to the level needed as 3C for a Cup contender, trade for a 3C rental using a small amount of the assets received from the Krejci deal.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I think they should trade Krejci this summer while they can get nice value back for him (like they did with Lucic before his decline). Then slot Studnicka as 3C (Coyle is more than adequate as a 2C on a good team) and give him the year to learn. Then, if by the trade deadline Studnicka hasn't progressed to the level needed as 3C for a Cup contender, trade for a 3C rental using a small amount of the assets received from the Krejci deal.
A few pages ago we discussed this. Where would he go that needs a 2c and that would make him want to waive his NTC?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad