Player Discussion Jack Studnicka

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Expansion draft will have something to say there

At 7/3/1 if you protect Charlie, krug and carlo, and then bergy, krejci, Coyle, pasta, Marchy, debrusk, Heinen and Rask.

Exposes all the kids and Clifton, gryz and so on. Be an interesting choice for Seattle.

You don’t protect Krejci.

edit: oops was beat to it

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
what happened with studnicka tonight? a little surprised he didn't play. but back to back
in the NHL after your debut, kind of a heavy team tonight. no big deal, just wondering if
they said anything about it.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
what happened with studnicka tonight? a little surprised he didn't play. but back to back
in the NHL after your debut, kind of a heavy team tonight. no big deal, just wondering if
they said anything about it.

I guess this would have been 5 games in 6 to hdays due to him also playing in Providence this past weekend.

Reactions: neelynugs

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
I just read the Studnicka article in the Globe by KDP full of quotes from Cassidy and Sweeney - and wow. They are very high on him.

Don’t get me wrong I believe he is in that blue chip zip code but those two have a lot of faith

not saying he’s Bergeron yet his characteristics line up with him, size, shot, position, ability to process decisions quickly and be in right place at right time

Size? Is it true he's 6'1 - 171? That's more anemic than Gretzky :confused:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I wonder if he plays this afternoon. I would rather him in than Bergeron. Bergy needs to rest, we need him at his peak at the end of the season. Him limping into the first round is a big problem for us.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
hoping he goes back to providence and continues to put in his time.. also.. when senyshyn is back you put him on his rw and let them start to gel.. would be great for years to come

HackeyFanz

Dec 8, 2017
He looked really comfortable out there today. Especially for a guy only playing his 2nd game. I know consistency is always an issue with young players but if he plays like this every game then he’s gotta have a regular shift

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I find he is always on the right side of the puck. I really think he has a really high hockey iq. I’ve only seen him play two times tho. And today I was only half paying attention to the game. I was multi tasking.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
When I watched him play for Niagara he was the guy, like Bergy is for the Bruins. He was on the PP,PK and played in all important moments. This bodes well for how he will approach his Pro career. He will only get stronger and gain some weight.

Same thing happened to Bjork and Pasta and look how they handle the physical game now, Stud is also taller than those two. He may not add a lot as he seems to have that wiry physique. He could be the answer to the future #2 'C'.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Where, though? If Krejci returns, then the top three Cs are set. I imagine that Senyshyn is full-time next season, so the right side would be Pastrnak, Heinen and Zac.

not sure how it'll line up but studnicka looks like a layup for next season's roster.
obviously there's a lot of bodies and not enough space to fit everyone. as we've said
numerous times, sweeney is eventually gonna have to thin the herd. and we didn't
even mention kuhlman, who's kind of the forgotten man now that he's injured.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Was very impressed with his game today. I thought he was effective on every shift. First one the forecheck and then first to get back in D with his speed. Seems to have the hands to be a top 6 player, not sure about the shot but he can work on that.

He should be on the team next year. Would like to see him play with Krejci, Bergeron or Coyle and switch off duties wing/center to help him along and also keep the best players in the lineup.

Reactions: Beantowns Best

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Where, though? If Krejci returns, then the top three Cs are set. I imagine that Senyshyn is full-time next season, so the right side would be Pastrnak, Heinen and Zac.

Kuraly can play both wing and center and some would argue he's actually better as a winger. So next season they could possibly slot Studnicka in as a permanent 4C with Sean and Wags. Would be a shame to squeeze out Nordy but something has to give somewhere.

Of course Jack's too good already for the 4th line but it would serve him as a good apprenticeship in playing consistent games for a year, and his hustle and good play awareness would fit well with that line. And when injuries almost inevitably happen to other centers, he can move up to fill the holes, while Kuraly slots back in to the middle.

That will take the team through to 2021, and I think that will be the right point to change up our long-standing top 2 C pairing, however exactly that ends up happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad