Player Discussion Jack Studnicka

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Was kind of hoping he'd get a full year in the AHL. Who knows, maybe he comes up and forces the team to keep him up. If he's capable of being your #3C then great.

I wanted the DeBrusk treatment so badly. He's on such a roll though, they must want to see how he looks up here. Worst case, he goes back to Providence with an NHL taste and what he needs to work on.

He was excellent yesterday afternoon and has been on quite the tear in the AHL. Here's to the start of what hopefully is a great career.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's been a while since I've hopped on a prospect train (I think fanbases in general tend to overrate their own prospects), but I'm very high on Studnicka. This will be interesting.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I wanted the DeBrusk treatment so badly. He's on such a roll though, they must want to see how he looks up here. Worst case, he goes back to Providence with an NHL taste and what he needs to work on.

He was excellent yesterday afternoon and has been on quite the tear in the AHL. Here's to the start of what hopefully is a great career.

I'm just not sure who you slot him with TBH.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Wow, that's earlier than expected. I worry a bit for his health. He's 6'3 but he can't weigh more than 175lbs. Still, excited to see his progress.

I'm just as excited to see Gaunce. I think Kuraly is better on LW and would LOVE to see what a 4th line of Kuraly - Gaunce - Wagner can do.

Is he 6'3''? I see him listed mostly as 6'1''. Definitely earlier than I wanted but probably not a long term call up unless he completely goes off. Not to get too off topic here, but excited for Gaunce as well. Glad he's fully healthy, still rocking a full face mask, and it'll be good to see what he can bring IF he gets in. From what I have seen in Providence, he has some two-way ability, will go to the corners, and skates pretty well. He doesn't appear to be a bruiser though.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Is he 6'3''? I see him listed mostly as 6'1''. Definitely earlier than I wanted but probably not a long term call up unless he completely goes off. Not to get too off topic here, but excited for Gaunce as well. Glad he's fully healthy, still rocking a full face mask, and it'll be good to see what he can bring IF he gets in. From what I have seen in Providence, he has some two-way ability, will go to the corners, and skates pretty well. He doesn't appear to be a bruiser though.

Oh, I was just guessing at his height and weight. He looks very tall in person, taller than Bergeron and Bergy is listed at 6'1. We'll have to see what he looks like next to Coyle (listed at 6'3).

Agree on Gaunce. I like his high motor and would love to see him on that 4th line.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Oh, I was just guessing at his height and weight. He looks very tall in person, taller than Bergeron and Bergy is listed at 6'1. We'll have to see what he looks like next to Coyle (listed at 6'3).

Agree on Gaunce. I like his high motor and would love to see him on that 4th line.
Did you see him this year or last? Reason I ask is when I saw him last year, my immediate reaction was, "Oh Jesus, he's a stick!"

But this year, he looked like he'd managed to put on a little weight.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

HockeyDB has Stud at 6'2

Reactions: PlayMakers

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Did you see him this year or last? Reason I ask is when I saw him last year, my immediate reaction was, "Oh Jesus, he's a stick!"

But this year, he looked like he'd managed to put on a little weight.

I saw him this year, in September. He still looked really thin to me. I also saw Bjork the same day and he looked much thicker through the shoulders and chest than the previous years.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
While I worry that it's too soon, I have high hopes for Studnicka and I like an awful lot of what he brings to the table, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with the big Bruins.

I rate him as just about the most important prospect we currently have, so I really hope they get his progression and development right. Good luck Jack!

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I saw him this year, in September. He still looked really thin to me. I also saw Bjork the same day and he looked much thicker through the shoulders and chest than the previous years.
Yeah, he's still a beanpole, but you should have seen him last year. I was torn between the skinny thing and, "Oh my god, he's just boy!"

Bjork actually got yoked out prior to last year's camp. His neck was huge. I'm hoping someone had a talk with him about proper training, because those guys who go from small to Lou Ferrigno overnight tend to be susceptible to soft tissue injuries like, ah, shoulders and such.

Reactions: PlayMakers

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Studnicka is the guy I think will make the biggest impact of the Providence crew. This guy has some serious tools...
AWESOME NEWS, lets give the kid a chance and play him 14-16 mins a game and see what he has.
I hope he plays better than JFK did. I was really disappointed when he came up.
Go Jack Go

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Yeah, he's still a beanpole, but you should have seen him last year. I was torn between the skinny thing and, "Oh my god, he's just boy!"

Bjork actually got yoked out prior to last year's camp. His neck was huge. I'm hoping someone had a talk with him about proper training, because those guys who go from small to Lou Ferrigno overnight tend to be susceptible to soft tissue injuries like, ah, shoulders and such.
Stud is only 20 yrs old, give him another 2-3 years for him to get bigger/ fill out.
He must be 180-185 pounds now , or he would be getting knocked off the puck very easily.
I remember when Cam Neely came into the NHL at 18 yrs he was around 185 lbs soaking wet and got to around 218 pounds when he matured.
DK is listed at 188 lbs BTW and handles himself okay.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Excited to see both of these guys on the big club. Ideally would have liked to see Stud get a full year in the AHL but you gotta throw him a bone after scoring a goal in each of his last 5 games and 7 of his last 8.

Guance looked ready in camp to me. Glad he's getting a look.

BruinsNetwork

HockeyDB has Stud at 6'2

I don’t know how tall he is exactly, but I’m 5’10” and he’s taller than me when he’s barefoot around the locker room and I have regular oxfords on. I’d say 6’1” - 6’2” is fair.

Jack is definitely a bit sleight-of-frame still, but he’s added some size going into this year, even if it was just a little bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad