Player Discussion Jack Studnicka

mg08

May 30, 2013
Enola, Pa
I think he was clocked at near McDavid speeds at the AHL All-Star game. Obviously it's different than in-game speed, but the kid is fast, skilled, and he's game.

Attachments

• AA914D46-7385-49E8-9C41-812ED541FC47.jpeg
    AA914D46-7385-49E8-9C41-812ED541FC47.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 12

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Where does that leave Frederic?

Frederic’s ceiling is a 3rd line center. He’s had limited time in the nhl and also that was at a fairly young age. He’s come a long way in his skating but he’s definitely a straight line skater.

Personally I don’t really see him being much more than a 4th line grinder who can check and hold his weight. He got drafted way too early and expectations of him due to being a first rounder are waaay to high. It is what it is.

I would be stunned if he was a productive 3rd line player on a good team. Let’s hope for the best tho.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Don't mean to create a new Stud thread. But the current one has disappeared?

anyways, impressive game again. His back checking fits the Bruins system like a glove

He had a few filthy passes yesterday. One I believe to Krejci?

He has the patience (no panic) and creativity to pull something like that off

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Frederic’s ceiling is a 3rd line center.

And you know this how? Was Marchand's ceiling a 3rd line grinder at the same age? Let's give the kid a chance to establish himself with the team if he can before pegging him as a bottom six guy.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Game 5 I would love to see

63 37 68
10 46 28
74 13 52
18 Frederic 14

Grit and physicality on the 4th line.
Speed and skill on 1 and 2
Mismatch and board play line 3

Think Stud would fit in well with line one, smart defensive play maker.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Stud made two great skilled play that I can remember yesterday.

One behind the back pass to a streaking D (Carlo I believe) but he snapped it into the glass. Had space to get closer for a prime scoring chance.

The other was the sweet feed to Krejci who hit the post.

He should never leave the lineup ever again. Fast, skilled, smart. He’ll only get better.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
He's the real deal. Needs to add some weight but that will come naturally as he fills out. But his vision, speed, IQ and talent are top 6 NHL level. Not to sound too much like a "hot take" guy but I really think he is already there talent wise.

I hope Cassidy keeps him in and gives him a little more playing time if he keeps responding well. Part of me wants to see him get a look with Marchand and Bergeron next game but it's probably best to keep him with Coyle for the long run and let them develop chemistry.

I don't want to over state how he has played but it has been exciting to see him get his chance and make some plays. Studnicka, along with the play of Kase and the overall chemistry that DeBrusk-Krejci-Kase have shown has been fun to watch.

Reactions: DKH

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
i dont see how Cassidy can take him out of the lineup. i still think he would be a good fit in Pastas spot

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Was always a good skater in junior. Watched him countless times and every aspect of his skating from edge work, to first step speed to top speed is improved. Which just goes to show, you can always work and improve on things you're already good at. Another similar trait he has with Patrice Bergeron.

Kudos to Kim Brandvold who works with the Big B's and prospects on their skating.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Was always a good skater in junior. Watched him countless times and every aspect of his skating from edge work, to first step speed to top speed is improved. Which just goes to show, you can always work and improve on things you're already good at. Another similar trait he has with Patrice Bergeron.

Kudos to Kim Brandvold who works with the Big B's and prospects on their skating.

Now if he can just get his hands on Nick Ritchie . . .

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
And you know this how? Was Marchand's ceiling a 3rd line grinder at the same age? Let's give the kid a chance to establish himself with the team if he can before pegging him as a bottom six guy.

I mean pretty odd comparison. Frederic has averaged .51 points per game in providence over 127 games in providence. Where as Marchand averaged .81 ppg. We could all see Marchand taking his game to the next level in providence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad