Player Discussion Jack Studnicka

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Just reviewing how nicely Studnicka has progressed. His height, skating, skills, motor

How did he drop to the 2nd round?

Has he been able to shore up a weakness?

Reactions: LSCII

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Just reviewing how nicely Studnicka has progressed. His height, skating, skills, motor

Central scouting had him ranked 120th.

Seems @lost peanut had him pegged pretty good though:

“Studnicka has good size – although adding bulk will be key for him. He is an excellent skater who has an explosive first step and decent top end speed who can change direction with ease. He possesses very good vision with high quality playmaking skills with an ability to set up his teammates. His shot is underrated in my opinion. His release is deceptive and accurate and he puts every shot on goal with a purpose. Studnicka can be elusive in the offensive zone. He can break away from coverage almost undetected and put himself into scoring positions. He has very good puck skills and strong possession skills. Although he needs to add some muscle, he will not shy away from the hard areas. Once he gets stronger, it will become an area where he wins more often than he loses because of it – and his work ethic.” – Dominic Tiano

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
He's way faster and a better skater than I realized.

I liked his game a lot today. I'd be up for giving him some shifts with the top line if Pasta is out.

Reactions: BBruins and mjhfb

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Quite a few times I've seen him make a pass or pass to get the puck to the net and I find myself thinking that he's got some hi-end vision

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Keep Stud with Coyle. Not only do they complement each other well, but as a probable future long-term 2C or similar, there is no better place for Jack to be than next to Coyle watching first hand how a quality center goes to work, fights for the puck like his life depends on it, and plays a genuine two-way game. Yeah this is the playoffs not a training camp, but if Stud is good enough to earn his spot - and he's definitely got the ability, it's more whether he's yet tough enough - then it doesn't hurt if he can both contribute and learn at the same time.

Reactions: BMC and wintersej

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He's way faster and a better skater than I realized.

I liked his game a lot today. I'd be up for giving him some shifts with the top line if Pasta is out.

I think he was clocked at near McDavid speeds at the AHL All-Star game. Obviously it's different than in-game speed, but the kid is fast, skilled, and he's game.

Reactions: trenton1

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I definitely think he deserves to stay up. Either with Coyle or move him up to 1st line with Pasta out. Kids got serious speed and vision and he isn’t shy about getting dirty. Kid is gonna be legit.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

In this league now, you have to be able to keep up with the pace of play. If you can't, you 're gone.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Central scouting had him ranked 120th.

Seems @lost peanut had him pegged pretty good though:

“Studnicka has good size – although adding bulk will be key for him. He is an excellent skater who has an explosive first step and decent top end speed who can change direction with ease. He possesses very good vision with high quality playmaking skills with an ability to set up his teammates. His shot is underrated in my opinion. His release is deceptive and accurate and he puts every shot on goal with a purpose. Studnicka can be elusive in the offensive zone. He can break away from coverage almost undetected and put himself into scoring positions. He has very good puck skills and strong possession skills. Although he needs to add some muscle, he will not shy away from the hard areas. Once he gets stronger, it will become an area where he wins more often than he loses because of it – and his work ethic.” – Dominic Tiano

So he moved up to the second round, didn't drop out of the first round.

Bruins always do their best business in the 2nd round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad