Player Discussion Jack Studnicka

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
I mean I think he should get some games up with the big club as we wind down toward playoffs. But if he's going to play in the show he needs to be phenomenal. Otherwise this roster is pretty set IMO.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Like I said before, kick some tires on what we can get for DK at the draft this summer.
Remember what the Sens got for Pageau and DK has more value than he does.
If someone offered me a middle first rounder and a teams 3-4th best prospect and a bottom 6 roster forward, I make the trade.
No brainer.

I wouldn't, but to each their own. JGP also signed an ext right away, so part of the package OTT got had that taken into consideration.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
If you're trading Krejci, its not for futures. You want pieces that can help you win now, so some of, if not most of that $7.25 will get eaten up by whatever is coming back for Krejci.
There isn't a single team that would be looking to trade for David Krejci in return for good existing roster pieces. You trade for 34 year old Krejci, you are contending right now, and not looking to create holes in your roster.

BruinsNetwork

Studnicka is a first-year pro who’s pacing for 30G/65PTS in the AHL. He’s still a bit light and probably undersized in regards to his weight. Could he handle a full-time promotion to the NHL? Most likely, especially since he’s ridiculously strong on his skates and can be very evasive.

Should his current torrid season be disrupted so he can be recalled when there’s really no need? No. Let him continue on the track that DeBrusk was on and ride it out. He’s a shiny new toy, I get it, but that doesn’t mean he should be placed on the NHL roster unless necessary.

Should Studnicka get recalled when things are winding down and guys are potentially being rested? Sure, give him a couple games at the end of the season, but only bring him up now or when it matters in the event of desperation/injuries. Let him develop.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Studnicka is a first-year pro who’s pacing for 30G/65PTS in the AHL. He’s still a bit light and probably undersized in regards to his weight. Could he handle a full-time promotion to the NHL? Most likely, especially since he’s ridiculously strong on his skates and can be very evasive.

Should his current torrid season be disrupted so he can be recalled when there’s really no need? No. Let him continue on the track that DeBrusk was on and ride it out. He’s a shiny new toy, I get it, but that doesn’t mean he should be placed on the NHL roster unless necessary.

Should Studnicka get recalled when things are winding down and guys are potentially being rested? Sure, give him a couple games at the end of the season, but only bring him up now or when it matters in the event of desperation/injuries. Let him develop.

I haven't seen anyone step up and say their the answer for that top six forward role that the bruins have been desperately seeking, so imo there is a need, for what he could possibly bring to the Bruins.

I think he's skilled enough where he can help the bruins and still grow in his development, better players tend to play better with better players and I think Studnicka would excel once given a chance and the timing may never be better than right now.

BruinsNetwork

I haven't seen anyone step up and say their the answer for that top six forward role that the bruins have been desperately seeking, so imo there is a need, for what he could possibly bring to the Bruins.

I think he's skilled enough where he can help the bruins and still grow in his development, better players tend to play better with better players and I think Studnicka would excel once given a chance and the timing may never be better than right now.

Ondrej Kase, who missed almost three weeks, has only played five games in Boston so far. Pretty short sample size.

Reactions: GoBs and BMC

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Ondrej Kase, who missed almost three weeks, has only played five games in Boston so far. Pretty short sample size.

I agree. Im on and been on the Kase train, even before the Bruins acquired him. I really like him and I think he only needs to stay healthy, but I still feel there's room for Studnicka and the more internal competition you have the better.

Reactions: Scruffy

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
At this point Ritchie-Krejci-Kase is the 3rd line and Debrusk-Coyle- Soup Du Jour has been the 2nd line. Still missing that winger. Kuraly/Wagner are not the answer there and Cassidy has some irrational hatred for Bjork.
Bjork is on pace for 27 points in 82 games, is not physical and not that good defensively. He is not the answer either.

Reactions: Riley 88

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Bjork is on pace for 27 points in 82 games, is not physical and not that good defensively. He is not the answer either.

According to advanced analytics he's actually one of the best defensive forwards in the entire league. Like a top 5 guy. Eye test supports that too IMO.

Offensively I'm pretty disappointed with him, though. Thought he was going to be much more dynamic coming out of ND, and its just never improved.

member 96824

What realistically do you think you're going to get for Krejci though? I think he's got a 15 team NTC for next year and of the 15 not on it, I'm sure 50% wouldn't trade for him because they'd either be bottom feeders building for the future or teams without the required cap space to bring him in for a cup run. I just don't know what kind of package you'd get back and if that package is worth more to the Bruins than Krejci (and potentially winning a cup).

I owe ya a response, going to take it to a different thread to not clutter Studnicka’s any further. Is it too early for an offseason moves thread? :huh:

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
According to advanced analytics he's actually one of the best defensive forwards in the entire league. Like a top 5 guy. Eye test supports that too IMO.

Offensively I'm pretty disappointed with him, though. Thought he was going to be much more dynamic coming out of ND, and its just never improved.

Agreed that Bjork is a responsible defensive player. If he weren't, then why has he sometimes killed penalties?

Regarding your second comment, consider that Bjork's progress the previous two seasons was derailed by shoulder injuries. As for this season, he's played mostly third-line minutes and, in general, not with offensively gifted players. I've said before that if you give him top-six minutes with better players, then he will become a 45-50-point winger. He should be brought back into the lineup. There's certainly no need to call up Studnicka; let him finish out his strong season in Providence, as @BruinsNetwork said.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Agreed that Bjork is a responsible defensive player. If he weren't, then why has he sometimes killed penalties?

Regarding your second comment, consider that Bjork's progress the previous two seasons was derailed by shoulder injuries. As for this season, he's played mostly third-line minutes and, in general, not with offensively gifted players. I've said before that if you give him top-six minutes with better players, then he will become a 45-50-point winger. He should be brought back into the lineup. There's certainly no need to call up Studnicka; let him finish out his strong season in Providence, as @BruinsNetwork said.

Would like to see Stud up for a couple games. Reward/just see what is there just in case someone gets hurt.

Reactions: Mantis

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
The goal is to win the Cup. Developing players is secondary.
Can Studnicka play 2nd line wing and be better than any current options ?
I think you have to give it a try, to see what you have. Ideally, someone on the roster steps up, but
after 70 games no one has. If he can't play wing, fine, leave him at Prov.
If he can play wing, I think it would be irresponsible if you didn't give him the remainder of the NHL season to
see what he can do. Is there harm in it ? Would it negate his playing in AHL playoffs if it doesn't work out ?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The goal is to win the Cup. Developing players is secondary.
Can Studnicka play 2nd line wing and be better than any current options ?
I think you have to give it a try, to see what you have. Ideally, someone on the roster steps up, but
after 70 games no one has. If he can't play wing, fine, leave him at Prov.
If he can play wing, I think it would be irresponsible if you didn't give him the remainder of the NHL season to
see what he can do. Is there harm in it ? Would it negate his playing in AHL playoffs if it doesn't work out ?

Couldn't you say the same thing about Senyshyn? A guy who looked good in his brief stint in Boston and is a natural RW.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Couldn't you say the same thing about Senyshyn? A guy who looked good in his brief stint in Boston and is a natural RW.
Senyshyn did okay when he was with the B's, but Studnicka has out performed him down in Prov, and by a large margin. Not opposed to it, but there are 12 games left. Its one or the other. If
Studnicka can play wing give him a try. If he cannot, then sure try Senyshyn.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Senyshyn did okay when he was with the B's, but Studnicka has out performed him down in Prov, and by a large margin. Not opposed to it, but there are 12 games left. Its one or the other. If
Studnicka can play wing give him a try. If he cannot, then sure try Senyshyn.

Well Studnicka also plays #1C and some of the most minutes a night. Senyshyn is asked to play 3/4th line role. Again the reason I say Senyshyn is because you need to see what you have in him because his only choice is RW. The ideal RW we wanted at the TDL was someone with size, that could skate and is a shooter....that's exactly what Senyshyn is. He's also developed a good two-way game.

I'm not against try Studnicka, but I have to think if they were willing to try him at RW then it would have already happened. If Studnicka comes up, I suspect you see Coyle move to Krejci RW.

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Well Studnicka also plays #1C and some of the most minutes a night. Senyshyn is asked to play 3/4th line role. Again the reason I say Senyshyn is because you need to see what you have in him because his only choice is RW. The ideal RW we wanted at the TDL was someone with size, that could skate and is a shooter....that's exactly what Senyshyn is. He's also developed a good two-way game.

I'm not against try Studnicka, but I have to think if they were willing to try him at RW then it would have already happened. If Studnicka comes up, I suspect you see Coyle move to Krejci RW.

if Senyshyn hadn't have been a first round pick (which he shouldn't have been) we wouldn't be talking about him at all let along promoting him. Stud, Fred, & Guance are ahead of him for me

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
if Senyshyn hadn't have been a first round pick (which he shouldn't have been) we wouldn't be talking about him at all let along promoting him. Stud, Fred, & Guance are ahead of him for me

Not a single one of the guys you listed are RW's lol.

Stud - C
Fred - C/LW
Guance - C/LW

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
There isn't a single team that would be looking to trade for David Krejci in return for good existing roster pieces. You trade for 34 year old Krejci, you are contending right now, and not looking to create holes in your roster.
Ya trading krecji is pointless. I’m not sure why posters here think it’s such a great idea. He is worth two firsts probably. But still then Boston doesn’t have a second line centre.
Not a single one of the guys you listed are RW's lol.

Stud - C
Fred - C/LW
Guance - C/LW

That’s because he has no idea what he is talking about.

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Ya trading krecji is pointless. I’m not sure why posters here think it’s such a great idea. He is worth two firsts probably. But still then Boston doesn’t have a second line centre.

Last edited:

tremha

Mar 9, 2011

Silly me - No left shot has ever played RW, nor has a C ever played RW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->