Post-Game Talk: Jack Johnson Era 0 -2.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Nah, I love Gonch, but not a Malkin buddy. Or anyone's buddy.

I want a coach who thinks X's and O's are for something other than a kid's game.

Gallant would make all the sense in the world, but unless the Pens win the lottery, I can't imagine that he'd want the job.

Please. Any coach would want to coach 71/87/58.

This team is very good if you do just one move.

Reactions: LittleSpoon

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
This is WAY worse than 2014. Like, not even comparable. Not trying to sound rude, but these two series aren’t even comparable.

2014 the Rangers looked dead after game 4. Then St. Louis's mother passed. And the whole series flipped. That was so bad because they had a 3-1 lead. They had it. And lost it.

This series is more embarassing. But I never felt at any point they were in control.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Please. Any coach would want to coach 71/87/58.

This team is very good if you do just one move.

Gallant would have his pick of jobs. Including possibly Seattle. Don't assume he'd eschew that to coach the 30 somethings whose best days are behind them.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Gonna tell you something. For as much as we like to rag on the Flyers, hiring Chuck Fletcher was a game changer for them. And, then Vigault. And then Vignault bringing in Therrien and Yeo as his assistants.

When I watch the Flyers, I'm watching a team that structurally plays like the 2008 Pens.

Hopefully they go no better than the 2008 Pens

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
If Sullivan stays and JJ and many other pieces that need gone... I may band wagon fan some other team for the first time since I was 15.

I don't have time to piss away 3 hours a night several times a week for a disgusting hockey game. There are so many good teams out there that play a much interesting game and more entertaining.

Penguins are always my team, but I will not support this insult to the game of hockey type of game the penguins play.

Been seeing the twinkle toes fancy pants game for too long now, maybe follow a heavy, hard hitting team...

Going to have to watch every team next season and see which team is most appealing to me...

Reactions: ncm7772

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Can't get on the coaching. Sully had this patchwork team cruising at the beginning of the season. Start adding guys back, and diminishing roles of guys who were playing well, the proof is in the pudding.

This team was fun to watch from the beginning of December to the beginning of February.

He's the one who diminished the roles.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
petts took a dive after that great rookie season, he must have the worst pass in NHL, so soft...and I was kind of hoping that Marino would take over in games 3 and 4, but he also got drawn in mediocracy

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
From your lips to God's ear.

I am one of his finest creations, why wouldn't he listen to me?

All the people saying this team doesn't have guts, is cowardly, are a bunch of p***yes can f*** right off. This team scratched and clawed their way through every game through one of the most horrendous run of injuries in team history, and they did it for months. Even with an inept coaching staff. The core of this team won 3 titles and has given the spoiled fans here more to celebrate than any other organization for the last 15 years. So f*** right off. This isn't about guts.

You're like, half right. Through the horrendous run of injuries, that would suggest that they were maybe not as capable of winning but their gumption and intestinal fortitude propelled them to victories. Now, once healthy, they SHOULD be capable of much, much, much, MUCH more than losing 3-1 to the #12 Canadians. But alas, they did not win. They gave a gutless effort.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Montreal beat them. Vigneault's recent postseason track record is spotty. And you got a goalie playing his first postseason against Price.

Now if Montreal faces Washington or Tampa...I think they last five games max.

Montreal is in trouble against any team that has a decent power play. As bad as the Pens were this series, their PP should have stilled pulled them through. Tampa will blow them out of the water. Philly should roll through them too, but there might be a bit of a hitch if Voracek is out long term as he is a big part of their PP.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Gallant would have his pick of jobs. Including possibly Seattle. Don't assume he'd eschew that to coach the 30 somethings whose best days are behind them.

Malkin is coming off leading the league in P/60, Crosby is still Crosby, Letang is still an elite Defensemen.

Jarry is looking to be a very good young goalie.

Until i see Crosby/Malkin/Letang actually slow down, i think this team is still cup caliber minus JJ and a better 3rd line

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Montreal is in trouble against any team that has a decent power play. As bad as the Pens were this series, their PP should have stilled pulled them through. Tampa will blow them out of the water. Philly should roll through them too, but there might be a bit of a hitch if Voracek is out long term as he is a big part of their PP.

I'm not a believer in Philly like I am TB or Wsh. That's all.

Fenrir009

May 2, 2018
Most of the coaching staff (Sullivan included) and a few players just need to go. JJ needs to be offloaded any way possible.

Wonder how much salt will flow from the rest of the NHL if the Pens win the draft lottery.

LittleSpoon

Jan 17, 2016
If Sullivan stays and JJ and many other pieces that need gone... I may band wagon fan some other team for the first time since I was 15.

I don't have time to piss away 3 hours a night several times a week for a disgusting hockey game. There are so many good teams out there that play a much interesting game and more entertaining.

Penguins are always my team, but I will not support this insult to the game of hockey type of game the penguins play.

Been seeing the twinkle toes fancy pants game for too long now, maybe follow a heavy, hard hitting team...

Going to have to watch every team next season and see which team is most appealing to me...
Fairweather eh bud? Holy cow, are you even a fan. I’ll private message ya if we get the number one overall, but otherwise have a good one bud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad