Prospect Info: Jack Hughes II

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
There are some intriguing, potentially buy-low options at RW. Zucker is the obvious one. Kessel comes to mind, but that would likely require a 3-way deal that gives PIT a better forward than we could/would give them. Does Toronto move on from Nylander? Imagine if it's actually Marner they have to cut ties with...

No one is trading Mitch Marner. Nylander will not be worth the ask -- he's good, but not good enough to warrant his trade ask, which would likely start at Ty Smith. Zucker is arguably a better all-around player than Nylander and his asking price would be a fraction as much. Kapanen is the Toronto forward who would be a realistic target.

Kessel is also going to need a huge return of players who can help the Penguins now, which the Devils do not have.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
STI, do you think Hughes would still go number #1 if Alexis Lafreniere was in this draft?

Ask me at this time next year. I can tell you that, according to the main boards, Kappo Kakko should have gone first overall before every player ever drafted first overall, including Connor McDavid and Sydney Crosby, who benefitted from a North American media bias.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Ask me at this time next year. I can tell you that, according to the main boards, Kappo Kakko should have gone first overall before every player ever drafted first overall, including Connor McDavid and Sydney Crosby, who benefitted from a North American media bias.

Well, according to one poster on the main board neither Hughes or Kakko is the best prospect in this draft.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
No one is trading Mitch Marner. Nylander will not be worth the ask -- he's good, but not good enough to warrant his trade ask, which would likely start at Ty Smith. Zucker is arguably a better all-around player than Nylander and his asking price would be a fraction as much. Kapanen is the Toronto forward who would be a realistic target.

Kessel is also going to need a huge return of players who can help the Penguins now, which the Devils do not have.

I think Kessel might go for less than you expect given his age and contract. However, I sense there is a premium Ray has to pay in a trade of any significance with the Penguins.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
got to talkin to a ranger fan, and he just started railing on how unready hughes is gonna be, and how kakko plays real men. said how hughes is gonna get destroyed at the NHL level

just flipped it back saying how if kakko is really good then i guess we'll take him.

i already see how this rivalry is gonna go, esp regarding projections between him and kakko, and it's ANNOYING. they can both be good.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
got to talkin to a ranger fan, and he just started railing on how unready hughes is gonna be, and how kakko plays real men. said how hughes is gonna get destroyed at the NHL level

just flipped it back saying how if kakko is really good then i guess we'll take him.

i already see how this rivalry is gonna go, esp regarding projections between him and kakko, and it's ANNOYING. they can both be good.
Nico vs Nolan should have helped you prepare emotionally for this :)

Reactions: OmNomNom

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Finnish Kakko fan boys have still been the most annoying to me. Rags fans seem intent to just stick with their boy or they haven’t really processed it all yet.

It’s silly and whatever because Hughes looks awesome and the Devils are obviously excited as hell to be drafting him.

Reactions: Blender and Oneiro

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

They're both going to be terrific. Sports fans get competitive tunnel vision -- everything is something versus something else.
Nico vs Nolan should have helped you prepare emotionally for this :)

Nico vs. Nolan was an actual controversy. The closest I've heard to anyone reputable making Hughes v Kakko even a race has been "the gap between them is not that wide" or something to that effect.

Figgie

Apr 24, 2018
Finland
It is really hard to be Finnish Devils fan now :)

Kakko is very good player and my dream was get him to Devils but after we win lottery I don't want Kakko anymore.

Hughes is far better player and I am very very happy to get Hughes and can't wait to see him in Devils jersey!! Hischier and Hughes at your 1c and 2c for about 15 years will be something special!!

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
darft kings has a spot to bet on the nhl draft who will go #1. once i saw that i threw $100 on hughes. only pays $27 but its as free as free money can get.

Reactions: Winds Hockey

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Nico vs. Nolan was an actual controversy. The closest I've heard to anyone reputable making Hughes v Kakko even a race has been "the gap between them is not that wide" or something to that effect.
The point was that he should already be used to arch-rival fans making comparisons and pretending they got the better player.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
darft kings has a spot to bet on the nhl draft who will go #1. once i saw that i threw $100 on hughes. only pays $27 but its as free as free money can get.

giphy.gif

thanks for the tip, i’ll also take some free money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad