Jack Eichel

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Blue Jackets or Flames should make a try for him. They have some pieces of NHL players and quality talents to send back.
Or even Predators.
Eichel is exactly who Nashville has needed for awhile now. Not sure how their playoff roster would stack up with him now as opposed to a few years ago, but if they wanted one last kick at the can for a couple seasons, he'd be the guy to add.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
I don't think we want or should trade either Larkin or Seider.
Vrana, Fabbri, Veleno, Raymond, Bertuzzi, Rasmussen, 1st ...
I definitely think we should trade for him. I have no idea if the management is concerned about his injuries, but with him we are settled in at centre.
Eichel
Larkin
Veleno/Rasmussen
Glendenning

Your not getting any real value in a trade then. I’m not saying I want to ship those guys out but my most untouchables are

Seider

Raymond
Our First

Even then If the right guy or trade came along, I don’t believe anyone in our system untouchable. Seider is definitely the closest by far

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Eichel is exactly who Nashville has needed for awhile now. Not sure how their playoff roster would stack up with him now as opposed to a few years ago, but if they wanted one last kick at the can for a couple seasons, he'd be the guy to add.

If they can ship Ryan Johansen or Matt Duchene the other way with something good in addition, it could be possible.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This thread is hilarious

1. Why would Eichel move from a bottom tier trash team to a slightly better team? He has stated that he wants out to play for a contender team. We ain't
2. Why would we trade assets and future picks when we are a REBUILDER team?

Trading for Eichel would be a massive mistake
1. I don't think it would be hard to sell Eichel on this being a better run organization that will be on the upswing faster than Buffalo.
2. We're rebuilding to find players like Eichel. Trading for a player like Eichel (which Eichel is) means our rebuild is drastically helped, as long as we don't give up too much.

Trading for him would be great, the problem is we likely don't have the pieces to make it happen.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
We have one of the best owners in the sport, one of the best GMs in the sport, and are an original six team. NHL media constantly talks about how we're a hardworking team that never gives up despite lack of talent. It wouldn't be difficult to convince Eichel to come here, not that we'd have to, he doesn't have a NMC.

We have one of the highest rated prospect pools in the NHL and extra draft picks, we could put together a desirable package.

The question is do we have enough depth/assets/players left over after the deal for it to be worth it. I'd rather remain patient and build through the draft.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Your not getting any real value in a trade then. I’m not saying I want to ship those guys out but my most untouchables are

Seider

Raymond
Our First

Even then If the right guy or trade came along, I don’t believe anyone in our system untouchable. Seider is definitely the closest by far
I have never sat in the bress box with Yzerman, as @Gniwder has, but I believe Yzerman won't move Larkin or Seider.
Not gonna land you Eichel.
If we don't have the pieces to get him, then we won't get him. But there is no harm in discussing.
If Vrana, Fabbri, prospect/player and a draft pick is not enough, then we probably can't land him.
You have to consider the money too,
If a team has better assets than us to land him
1. Do they have enough cap space
2. Do they want to send cheap young players

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Yes but now you've forfeit your free UFA Werenski.

And I don't even think that's a joke, really.
Looks like Werenski isn't the only defender weighing his options in Columbus:

Insider Trading: Potential landing spots for Jack Eichel; Could Seth Jones be available? - TSN.ca

LeBrun: Well, Frank I'm in total agreement with you that Hamilton would be the No. 1 UFA if he goes to market. But, I'll tell you who might be the No. 1 defenceman available if that is indeed the case via trade, that would be Seth Jones, who has a year left on his contract. Now, I'm not saying, everyone calm down, that he's being moved definitely. What, I'm saying is that this is a crossroads off-season for Seth Jones and the Columbus Blue Jackets because of his contract situation. Now, he did raise eyebrows with his comments during his season-ending availability when he talked about not wanting to make any quick decisions and that he has a year left on his deal and he's going to be around for at least a year. A lot of GMs around the league looked at those comments and said 'oh, oh, what does that mean?' Well, I don't think that the Jackets are concerned. I think they view that as some posturing ahead of a big contract negotiation. I can tell you the Jackets have already reached out to Jones' camp to want to get the ball rolling on those conversations. This is, arguably, the most important contract negotiation in Jackets history. Pat Brisson, the agent for Jones, intends to speak to his client by the end of the week to start getting the ball rolling on what they want to do this off-season.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Yes but now you've forfeit your free UFA Werenski.

And I don't even think that's a joke, really.

Oh, we're not getting Eichel, just pointing out I don't view Larkin as untouchable. That should be obvious given how Larkin has been trending, so I am agreeing that I'd have no problem including him in a trade that obviously improves the team.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Well, Eichel's sidekick Sam Reinhart is looking like he wants out as well.

With these guys asking for outs I just don't see a king's ransom in return for these players.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I'd do it. Buff probably wouldn't. Maybe throw in the Was 1st too in order to sweeten the pot.

Honestly, I think this ends up dragging into the offseason and Buffalo goes into desperation mode. We may not even need to throw in that first.

Look at the Hasek trade: 1st plus Kozlov for a legit hall of famer, top 3 goalie of all time. Unhappy stars demanding trades seldom get solid returns.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Had being the correct word in you sentence. It remains to be seen what Chris I. is.

I guess so... but it's been 4 years and he kicked off a much needed rebuild, brought in Yzerman and allowed him to take on bad contracts to gain assets so I don't have any complaints. All he really has to do is trust the Yzerplan.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Honestly, I think this ends up dragging into the offseason and Buffalo goes into desperation mode. We may not even need to throw in that first.

Look at the Hasek trade: 1st plus Kozlov for a legit hall of famer, top 3 goalie of all time. Unhappy stars demanding trades seldom get solid returns.

I think it was 2 1st and kozlov.
And kozlov wanted out after a week or so. They seem not to treat their players right.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

It's because if a player is good enough, a NTC is a formality. No team is going to sink all their assets into a flight risk who commands so much influence.

Any team making the trade is going to want to talk to Eichel's camp about the future and get some assurances of mutual interest.

Maybe he doesn't care if it's Rangers or LA and thus the bidding war begins. But if there's any indication he prefers one destination, it absolutely changes the valuation.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

how often are those stars locked up for 5 years though?

if he's unhappy they probably try and move him sure but if the returns underwhelming enough they're probably better off just keeping him regardless

"desperation" is a bit of an overstatement here, it's not like he's a pending UFA

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
how often are those stars locked up for 5 years though?

if he's unhappy they probably try and move him sure but if the returns underwhelming enough they're probably better off just keeping him regardless

"desperation" is a bit of an overstatement here, it's not like he's a pending UFA

Having a malcontent star player and captain being held hostage feels like a bold way to get value out of him.

And I say this as a Packers fan currently on suicide watch.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Having a malcontent star player and captain being held hostage feels like a bold way to get value out of him.

And I say this as a Packers fan currently on suicide watch.

which is why they probably try and move him

they aren't just gonna give him away though, at some point the better value play becomes just holding on to him either in the hopes he gets over it or to get a better return later

Eichel has some leverage here but that contract gives the Sabres quite a bit of it as well

Reactions: 14ari13

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I wonder if the Rangers would consider Lafreniere for Eichel.

It kind of makes sense but I'd be a little scared if I'm Buffalo, and the franchise is still struggling, of him becoming the next flight risk in a few years.

lafreniere-habs-jersey-e1544127984850.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad