Jack Eichel

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
This thread is hilarious

1. Why would Eichel move from a bottom tier trash team to a slightly better team? He has stated that he wants out to play for a contender team. We ain't
2. Why would we trade assets and future picks when we are a REBUILDER team?

Trading for Eichel would be a massive mistake

I see what you are saying, but at the end of the day he is not a UFA who picks his destination as he does not have a NTC or NMC. Buffalo shouldnt care what he wants, they should trade him to the team that will get them what they perceive as the best return. Now do I think that’s Detroit? Probably not, unless they throw in 1st round picks, then I think we jump to the top of the list.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It was a joke. I hope it is okay?
Oh, went right over my head, lol. Watching a game with a former NHLer is entertaining though.

Also had a former pro snowboarder give narrative on his film while we were watching it at the bar. Some interesting people frequent ski resorts.

Reactions: 14ari13

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
In any package for Eichel I’m not trading Seider, not even a consideration for me. Although it’s hard to acquire a 1C, it’s even harder to acquire a franchise number one defenseman who will anchor your team for the next 10 hrs or so. Also, I am not saying Larkin is in the same league as Eichel, but there is a reason he was named captain by Yzerman, and a reason why the locker room is cohesive in spite of all the losing. Many players say it’s a great locker room and great energy, that could change if you trade Larkin. Also, trading Larkin means that you’re not as
Likely to sign Werenski. Just things to consider for those that are so gung ho unloading Larkin.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Trading for Eichel is fantasy talk.
Just like the Larkin will bring Werenski to Detroit talk.
Pure filthy fantasy

For the record, I do agree. But to be fair, I remember people telling me the same thing when I said that Yzerman would become our GM at some point. While its very unlikely, anything is possible.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
In any package for Eichel I’m not trading Seider, not even a consideration for me. Although it’s hard to acquire a 1C, it’s even harder to acquire a franchise number one defenseman who will anchor your team for the next 10 hrs or so. Also, I am not saying Larkin is in the same league as Eichel, but there is a reason he was named captain by Yzerman, and a reason why the locker room is cohesive in spite of all the losing. Many players say it’s a great locker room and great energy, that could change if you trade Larkin. Also, trading Larkin means that you’re not as
Likely to sign Werenski. Just things to consider for those that are so gung ho unloading Larkin.

If you can trade a low end 1c captain for a really high end 1c captain/gm, you do it!

Reactions: taliababa

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
For the record, I do agree. But to be fair, I remember people telling me the same thing when I said that Yzerman would become our GM at some point. While its very unlikely, anything is possible.

We also got bit by it with Parise pulling Suter to Minny, and watching Taveres ditch NYI to head to Toronto. Signing Werenski is unlikely under nearly any circumstances but I get why people see it as a legit possibility.

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
I’m not saying signing Werenski is going to happen, but if it were to, it’s
More likely with Larkin here. Also, it’s not a zero probability that he leaves Columbus, and why the Wings wouldn’t be on his radar if he does. Far more likely than trading for Eichel.

Last edited:

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Pure filthy fantasy
GettyImages-148077393.jpg

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
In all honesty this is the kind of thread I would expect more from the trade board. Any package to bring Jack here is going to cost the assets that would make the red wings the eventual winning team that Jack is demanding to go to. Jack wants off the sabers because he is tired of losing. Why would Yzerman want to bring in somsone who is publicly criticizing his team for losing to a losing team that is going to lose more because 3 or 4 pieces went the other way to bring him here. Maybe some people enjoy discussing this but I prefer at least some grounding in reality.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
We also got bit by it with Parise pulling Suter to Minny, and watching Taveres ditch NYI to head to Toronto. Signing Werenski is unlikely under nearly any circumstances but I get why people see it as a legit possibility.

With any giant UFA names, this is the narrative of 30 teams. Probability alone indicates that you wont land franchise like players in UFA. In the case of Suter, we were the second choice, and if it wasnt for the family ties in Minny, we likely would have landed him. Hopefully the same reason why we didnt get Suter is the reason we land Werenski.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Local radio had gotten on board, the velenti show was talking about Eichel being traded to Detroit, and they never talk hockey.

Last edited:

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Trading for Eichel is fantasy talk.
Pure filthy fantasy
Look who is talking.
You are one of the posters who loves fantasy talks, you often starts them too.

In all honesty this is the kind of thread I would expect more from the trade board. Any package to bring Jack here is going to cost the assets that would make the red wings the eventual winning team that Jack is demanding to go to. Jack wants off the sabers because he is tired of losing. Why would Yzerman want to bring in somsone who is publicly criticizing his team for losing to a losing team that is going to lose more because 3 or 4 pieces went the other way to bring him here. Maybe some people enjoy discussing this but I prefer at least some grounding in reality.
As far as I know we have had
1 25 years of glory
2 we have the GM who has had success as GM and player
3 we are building the team the right way
4 we are not as far from building a contender as some years ago

Everyone understands that Sabres are doing it wrong and naturally eichel wants out.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Signing Werenski is unlikely under nearly any circumstances but I get why people see it as a legit possibility.

Well, it's not just fans.

Nick Kypreos also agrees.
Nick says he has been hearing that Zach's goal is to "go back to Michigan" and he heard from a source "Mark my words, that guy is going to be a Red Wing"

56:30 mark for comment about Werenski.

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
They're 3 big reasons why I don't want him.
1. Asking price going to be very high
2. We don't know how his injury going to effect him
3.He is coming from team that have plenty good players and they don't deliver ,I'd rather have mediocre player from a great team

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
Well, it's not just fans.

Nick Kypreos also agrees.
Nick says he has been hearing that Zach's goal is to "go back to Michigan" and he heard from a source "Mark my words, that guy is going to be a Red Wing"

56:30 mark for comment about Werenski.

I have heard this also, it’s been known for awhile that Werenski wants to be a Red Wing. Again, not saying it will definitely happen, but the Red Wings will be active participants and they have to be considered the favorites to land him if he gets to free agency

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad