Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
It’s sad reading all these other team’s beat writers and fans discussing a trade for Eichel, and knowing it’s likely going to happen.

What’s worse is all of them saying how “(fill in the blank) is off the table” and knowing that they’re probably right. I can just see it now...
Buffalo will trade a top 5 C under contract 5 more years and probably not even get the other team’s top prospect. :help:

:laugh:

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
The Sabres probably aren't going to be signing Zdeno Chara in his prime.

The Sabres also don't have a Bergeron who scored 73 points the year they traded Thornton to immediately replace him as 1C

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
The Sabres already traded away their Bergeron version for peanuts.
Our version of Bergeron is Reinhart. The Bruins trading Thornton opened up the team for Bergeron to take over. Honestly it's also Dahlin.

I think the Sabres felt trading O'Reilly was going to allow Eichel to take over the locker room but it backfired. Eichel is not a true leader.

Slapshot85

Jul 1, 2011
Our version of Bergeron is Reinhart. The Bruins trading Thornton opened up the team for Bergeron to take over. Honestly it's also Dahlin.

I think the Sabres felt trading O'Reilly was going to allow Eichel to take over the locker room but it backfired. Eichel is not a true leader.

Is Cozens the guy that will be the one to step up? If Dahlin and Cozens are the building blocks and future leaders, I think that will be an upgrade over Eichel in terms of leadership abilities. This excludes the likely core pieces we will add from an Eichel trade and whomever we select in the top three of this year's draft; though this will likely be 1-2 years away from having an impact.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Which is nice because he's headed out the door as well.

Reactions: DapperCam

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Here is my thinking...

strong team leaders make go coaches
What coaches in the league were top of the league players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad