Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012

"and scores a backhand goal." The fact that they think its a backhand goal is why I like this goal so much. Eichel goes backhand to forehand and puts the puck into the net faster than you can blink.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
He has quietly put up another 7 game point streak.

He only went pointless for 2 games after the 18-gamer before starting another.

100 will be hard (he needs 41 in 36) but doable - he needs to play at a 93.3 point pace the rest of the way.
He's put up 61/46. What makes you think producing at a much lower rate than that will be hard?

We should be talking about whether of not he'll hit 110, not 100. He's a lock for 100 barring injury.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
He's put up 61/46. What makes you think producing at a much lower rate than that will be hard?

We should be talking about whether of not he'll hit 110, not 100. He's a lock for 100 barring injury.

Having Vesey and Girgensons rotating in as Olofsson's replacement could factor into that. There hasn't been a single ES goal from his wingers since Olofsson got injured and I don't expect the PP to click every game. Then when Olofsson returns who know if he is truly 100%. If Eichel wants to make it to 100 points he better keep shooting.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
It amazes me that he still puts up points despite playing subpar of his own standard. I’ve been told he is showing signs of being tired, and this 11F forward system may be a pet of that, and I hope this break is enough for him. Prior to the last five or so games he was looking so improved this season. Really feel like he’s fallen back into playing passive defense and bad, contagious body language to go with it. I like to blame Bogosian et al for the goals against, but Eichel was on the ice for his typical extended shifts for some of those.

Anyone rethinking the tank needs to look at Eichel and consider this franchise is NOTHING without him. And he is on an amazing contract.

Hope he meets the 50g pace. Damn well deserves it. He’s done it with beta boy Reinhart and Oloffson being both of their preferred setup guys. At least this season I have not had many ‘just shoot it Eichel’ moments like I have had in years past.

I was afraid with Housley he was going to learn all the worst habits, but Krueger has been the best influence ever.

Awful haircut, great player, Jack Eichel.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

The fact that the games could become meaningless in short order is what might make it harder for him.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Having Vesey and Girgensons rotating in as Olofsson's replacement could factor into that. There hasn't been a single ES goal from his wingers since Olofsson got injured and I don't expect the PP to click every game. Then when Olofsson returns who know if he is truly 100%. If Eichel wants to make it to 100 points he better keep shooting.
Or put Skinner back with Jack/Sam. Should help Skinner get back on track and boost the dominance of that line generally. Its been a quite a drop off from Skinner on the LW of that line to Oloffson.

mechaworm

Nov 5, 2019
Or put Skinner back with Jack/Sam. Should help Skinner get back on track and boost the dominance of that line generally. Its been a quite a drop off from Skinner on the LW of that line to Oloffson.

Prior to injury, Olofsson was on pace for more points than Skinner had last year. That's not what I call a drop off.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Prior to injury, Olofsson was on pace for more points than Skinner had last year. That's not what I call a drop off.

The underlying 5v5 numbers for each line combo

Skinner/Jack/Sam (541mins)

CF% -> 52%
SCF% -> 54%
HDCF% -> 56%
GF% ——> 58%
xGF% —> 55%

3.33 -> GF/60
2.44 -> GA/60

Olofsson/Jack/Sam (500mins)

CF% ——> 50%
SCF% —-> 50%
HDCF% -> 47%
GF% ——> 52%
xGF% —-> 47%

3.00 -> GF/60
2.76 -> GA/60

Its was a more dominant line overall that scored goals at a higher rate and gave them up at a lower rates with Skinner. Its not a knock on Olofsson. Plus putting them together could help get Skinner going on his return from injury. Then Skinner can be split off once he’s going.

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Not to mention having him ranked over Matthews.............
Not gonna lie...AM34 is my favorite player in the NHL but IMO, Jack deserves to be ranked higher because the overall Forward corps for Toronto is more highly skilled than Buffalo's. So when both guys put up the numbers they have, I look at who each guy has on his team to help him get those points, and take that into consideration. Maybe TSN did the same...

MightyMuffins

Jan 17, 2017
So not to sugar coat this but after seeing this 5-2 loss to Ottawa and Ullmark hurt....our season is once again basically done....I mean it was likely done with the roster we have anyway but still.

Anyway....at some point we need to have some serious discussion in the front and I know it's there but not wanting to be talked about.

1. We are wasting Jack's career and each year at some point as a fan you say, what is this team doing anymore? Like we have one of the best players in hockey and the fact he is basically our only main player to make play happen....well maybe Reinhart too but still that is basically 2. I won't count Skinner as last year I still say was a fluke and this contract in the end will kill us looking back. At one point do you say....is it realistic to worry that Jack is never gonna win with us as we have essentially an Andrew Luck situation.....All-Star player and one of the best....but literally no help and we are just wasting his potential. He won't be getting any younger and it will only take one bad injury to ruin it all. What I basically mean is....with these contracts we have and roster we seem intent on keeping around Eichel...he's gotta do it all which eventually will wear him down....and that sucks.

2. the biggest one......at what point will Jack say enough is enough and get his ass out of here. I mean you have to see it on his face the more and more this season especially drags on....he's pissed. He won't say it in the post-games but you can tell in game he's pissed as hell at this team around him. Maybe not all the players but you get the point that he feels it's him or bust. That's not helping out your superstar and at one point does he say "trade me". In all honesty....if he ever gets to that breaking point I wouldn't blame him nor would fans I believe. We have had so many chances to help him over these years and we once again are just spinning tires. I dread the day Jack wants out but can you blame him? :(

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
On point #2, I think he absolutely has to be thinking about it. He is an elite level competitor and knows he needs cups to build his legacy and possible the greatest American player of all-time. In the wake of Kobe's death I'm sure Eichel has to be thinking about his legacy and if this organization is ever going to get it together.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
This whole waste a players career narrative needs to die

Ovechkins career was so wasted... until he won the cup

Y’all feel entitled to a cup because you got an Eichel? No, lol, there was so much damage done to this team it’s going to take longer than that

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

Y’all feel entitled to a cup because you got an Eichel? No, lol, there was so much damage done to this team it’s going to take longer than that
Capitals won 50 games when Ovechkin was the age Eichel is now.

ISeeStars

Jun 23, 2018
Iowa

To be fair Ovechkin's teams were far superior to anything this organization has thrown together in the last decade. I would argue there was always hope for that team. I honestly cant see a scenario in Buffalo that will lead them to the playoffs much less the Cup in the next 5 years at this rate.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017

The Capitols have missed the playoffs 3 times in Ovechkin's 14 year career so far and are regularly near the top of the standings. The Sabres are bottom 10 in the league every year.

Reactions: ISeeStars

MightyMuffins

Jan 17, 2017
The Capitols have missed the playoffs 3 times in Ovechkin's 14 year career so far and are regularly near the top of the standings. The Sabres are bottom 10 in the league every year.
And see this is what I find disturbing. The Capitals went out of their way to give Ovechkin good help.....us.....well....I mean yeah no. :| Just....very frustrating.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
This wasting Eichel's career thing isn't really a thing.

Capitals won 50 games when Ovechkin was the age Eichel is now.
???

To be fair Ovechkin's teams were far superior to anything this organization has thrown together in the last decade. I would argue there was always hope for that team. I honestly cant see a scenario in Buffalo that will lead them to the playoffs much less the Cup in the next 5 years at this rate.

I honestly can't read this with a straight face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad