Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Why should the Sabres trade him then? Why would Eichel want to leave?

He's just spent SIX seasons basically carrying this franchise on his back, and it's been nothing short of a drama filled train wreck. They haven't even sniffed competing for a playoff spot, let along making it, and now there is major disagreement on medical treatment between the two sides.

Why would he want to STAY is the question.

In this scenario i can imagine him wanting to stay because the team is better all around, with growth from the youth and much better coaching. Let's say they are 25% into the season and in a playoff spot. Why change a running system?

The team has been better on paper for much of the last 3 years. Just a couple years ago they went on a 10-0 run, were the #1 team in the league, and in a playoff spot for about 1/3 of the season, but continued to fade, ending up at the bottom once again. He's been through it all before, why should he (or anyone really) think this time will be different with likely another new coach, the same skeleton crew of hockey operations, and meddling owners?

When the guy is making comments about how he has to look out for himself, and life after hockey, he is clearly aware that pro athletes have a short shelf life. These guys are wired to worry about their 'legacy' too, and he's not going to want his legacy to be an entire career as a great player on a terrible team that did nothing.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
What if he is so fed up with this situation and therefore tightens up in the neck area so much that it won't heal?
If he doesn't see any progress, he will definitely get the surgery.
Let's hope he sees some progress.

Dear Jack :

I know it is a completely different situation and a different part of the body, but Earl Campbell waves "Hi"...

159010913.jpg

It's only hockey so put yourself / your health FIRST !

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
This is the epitome of internet blog derp.
<snip>
Hot garbage. 100%.

Yeah, Internet blog posts up. Lots of available jobs going unfilled. Proof people would rather spout sheet than work.

(Of course, my observation does not apply to your or my internet blog sheet. It's 10:45, I've been working since 4:45 today.)

(and I agree with your post)

jputt99

Nov 24, 2016
Charlotte NC
First , I don't believe that Jack's injury situation has anything to do with his frustration of playing for a team that has missed the playoffs for his entire career . Jack is , at heart , a professional . I believe he would prefer to succeed with this team . But , his comments concerning the " disconnect " were concerning . We're all going to have to wait and see how this all plays out , but the reality is , Jack's contract is not easy to move . Even if Adams is resigned to moving Jack , he probably won't get a fair return . I think our best hope is that Adams sells Jack on one more year to give Donnie G and the kids a chance to show the future is not so dim .

Reactions: debaser66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad