Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
At work and can’t watch the video. Anyone want to give a summary?
Dreger doesn’t commit to anything, suggests Eichel did want out but was convinced to stick around and try to see how it goes, but that if things stay bad they’d have to re-examine at deadline or offseason

Nothing really concrete there

Reactions: stokes84

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Friedman on the Instigators right now, he's speculating that Eichel is dealing with something but doesn't want it known. Admits he doesn't have any real info about how he's doing now or his current injury status, but did say that Jack's injury from before the season was more of an annoyance than they let on.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Great, Jack's going to demand a trade the offseason after his worst season ever.
Realistically, there is no guarantee that Adams lets him go if he asks out. He is under contract with us, so....

Having said that, if he wants out then he clearly doesn't want to be here and is, to me, part of the problem. I don't say this lightly because losing a bonafide number 1C never makes bad teams better. But i don't want a player here, especially a captain, if they don't want to be.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
If Eichel really did ask out last off-season (which is hardly shocking) then he's certainly going to push hard for a trade after this miserable season. Buckle up and enjoy possibly the last 40 games of Eichel as a Sabre (although there's not much to enjoy when he's not even playing like a first line player)

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Dreger doesn’t commit to anything, suggests Eichel did want out but was convinced to stick around and try to see how it goes, but that if things stay bad they’d have to re-examine at deadline or offseason

Nothing really concrete there
Dreger is a Steve Simmonds level gabage trashbag hack and if he said the sun will come out tomorrow I'd buy a goddamned flashlight.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Dreger said Eichel doesn't look right despite Ralph saying he's not hurt.

Eichel asked out over the offseason. But, they convinced him to give it another go with the Hall signing.

If Eichel still wants out, he needs to play better.

Dreger is the same derp who said a DeAngelo trade was incoming in 24-48 hours.

He's TSN's version of Eklund

Dreger: - Dreger: DeAngelo Trade could happen Between 24/48 Hours (MOD WARNING IN OP) - Part II | Page 6 | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League (mandatory.com)

Last edited:
Reactions: sabremike

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Dreger said Eichel doesn't look right despite Ralph saying he's not hurt.

Eichel asked out over the offseason. But, they convinced him to give it another go with the Hall signing.

If Eichel still wants out, he needs to play better.

I'm still going with Bobby Mac on this. Everything else from the media is carefully worded speculation and innuendo, feeding off the blogging brigade ginning this stuff up.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Still waiting for Bob to go on a righteous diatribe about Babcock admitting that Toronto tanked for Matthews

I'm sure it'll happen any day now

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sabres Mailbag: Taylor Hall's future, Jeff Skinner's benching and what's the plan?
Rob R S asks: Do the Jack Eichel trade rumors have legs or is it more likely he’s dealt in the offseason?
Lance answers:
Let's be clear: There aren't actual trade rumors. This is bloggers chasing page views by turning Elliotte Friedman's answer during a radio interview into a headline. Nothing has changed with this situation since a report first surfaced about the New York Rangers calling the Sabres about Eichel. Eichel wants to win. Another regime change was difficult to swallow after all he’s experienced in Buffalo. But Eichel still has a good relationship with Krueger and seemed encouraged by Adams’ first offseason. Eichel's agent, Peter Fish, told TSN's Bob McKenzie in September that Eichel doesn't want out.
The Sabres need to show Eichel that the franchise finally has stability and that there’s a clear plan to win. There's no substance to the trade chatter, at the moment.

Lysowski also thinks Hall will be dealt. Hall is here because of Krueger whose long-term future with the Sabres is uncertain.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Jack Eichel's surprising late scratch adds new twist to Sabres season of drama

Eichel, who has been battling an upper-body injury all season and suffered a lower-body ailment earlier in the week, skipped the morning skate but took part in the pregame warmup. When he returned to the dressing room, the Sabres ruled him out.

“Jack’s lower-body complications showed up in the warmup,” Krueger said. “It was not related to him not skating this morning, so it definitely caught us all by surprise.

“This was a completely new development. None of us had seen or heard of the situation, so it was something that occurred in the warmup.”

The initial diagnosis is “day to day,” but injuries have been handled mysteriously so far.

Eichel suffered an upper-body injury during the offseason and missed the opening five days of training camp. After Krueger said Monday that the struggling Eichel wasn’t playing hurt, the coach changed his answer Thursday during his weekly radio show. He acknowledged the captain hasn’t been at “100 percent physical condition.”

His lower body is out of alignment from playing with the upper body injury all season.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Turcotte, Byfield, Iafallo, 1st?
Not a Sabres fan, but I think Eichel to the Rags makes more sense.

Something along the lines of:
Fox/Miller
Laf/Kakko
Georgiev
1st

In my mind, if Buffalo trades their franchise player it needs to give them a quick retool and fit their needs. Gives them a future top pairing D, future top line forward and a starting goalie.

Dahlin to LA makes more sense to me. Give him a much needed change of scenery and a chance to play with Doughty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA