Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
anyone have any metrics on Eichel's FO% from pre-season? He looked MUCH improved.
Looks like he's using a visibly shorter stick. He had mentioned in an interview over the summer that he was hindered by using a larger one because NHL competition closed in on him quicker so he had less space to maneuver. I'm not sure when he did make the change, but it's just something I noticed that might contribute to his performance at the dot.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
anyone have any metrics on Eichel's FO% from pre-season? He looked MUCH improved.
I only have data from a few games..

Against the Baby Pens he won 5 out of 8 and was 38.46% at the dot
Against Toronto he went 6 for 8 and was 42.86% at the dot

I don't have data for the Kraft Hockeyville game but Sobotka is the faceoff guy, he was over 50% in all games

EDIT: Correction, those are ONLY 5on5 numbers not all situations.

Last edited:

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Is Jack's middle name "ed"? Because it's looked JackEd.

DocJ27QV4AAFFHJ.jpg:large

I have no regrets.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I only have data from a few games..

Against the Baby Pens he won 5 out of 8 and was 38.46% at the dot
Against Toronto he went 6 for 8 and was 42.86% at the dot

I don't have data for the Kraft Hockeyville game but Sobotka is the faceoff guy, he was over 50% in all games
I thought "% at the dot" is just another way of saying FO%. Can you explain what those percentages are referencing?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I thought "% at the dot" is just another way of saying FO%. Can you explain what those percentages are referencing?
It is faceoff %, I don't know where they calculated those numbers because 5 out of 8 to me is 62.5% and 6 out of 8 is 75% but naturalstattrick has it at 38.46% and 42.86%

Ah I see what happened.

Sabres/Pens game, I took Individual on Ice Numbers 5on5 numbers which are different to All Situations numbers.
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Buffalo Sabres, 2018-09-18

So correction to the numbers previously posted, those were only 5on5 numbers not all situations.

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Not an answer to your question, but anecdotally I recall the Sabres were strong as a team in the dot much of the preseason, not that it matters much given the various mix of players taking faceoffs.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

10. Jack Eichel
Difficulty adjustment: +6.44%
Offence: 31.46/50 | Transition: 16.51/25 | Defence: 12.82/25
Total: 60.78/100

Playing in front of that Sabres defensive group, with poor quality wingers outside of Evander Kane, it’s been very tough for Eichel to appear as the star player he is. He needs to get more involved defensively when opponents have the puck, but he’s doing the right things everywhere else.

Eichel is a puck retrieval monster, keeps turnovers low in the defensive zone, exits the defensive zone with control more often than any other player, and is only bested by McDavid in overall plays that move the puck up the ice. Eichel’s incremental improvements show up each season, with last year finally showing him as a possession driver. The next area I expect to see him improve is turning his nearly league high scoring chance generation on the power play into actual point production. Eichel is doing his part; the Sabres have to do the rest.

This guy must be an idiot, people around here tell me Jack was barely the 3rd best center on his own team... :sarcasm:

Member 308457

That faceoff win/pass to Skinner last night against the Habs was masterful. A brilliant play by both.

Reactions: Sabres

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I mean, he's not wrong about it being a dangerous play.

I don't think its worthy of a suspension. I could see a fine though
I’d say it’s more of a fluky/accidental play that led to something dangerous. I could easily find several intentional cheap shots/ late hits in that game that were more dangerous. Which is why this “outrage” by Button is laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad