Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
He has quietly put up another 7 game point streak.

He only went pointless for 2 games after the 18-gamer before starting another.

100 will be hard (he needs 41 in 36) but doable - he needs to play at a 93.3 point pace the rest of the way.
He's put up 61/46. What makes you think producing at a much lower rate than that will be hard?

We should be talking about whether of not he'll hit 110, not 100. He's a lock for 100 barring injury.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
He's put up 61/46. What makes you think producing at a much lower rate than that will be hard?

We should be talking about whether of not he'll hit 110, not 100. He's a lock for 100 barring injury.

Having Vesey and Girgensons rotating in as Olofsson's replacement could factor into that. There hasn't been a single ES goal from his wingers since Olofsson got injured and I don't expect the PP to click every game. Then when Olofsson returns who know if he is truly 100%. If Eichel wants to make it to 100 points he better keep shooting.

Reactions: valet

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
It amazes me that he still puts up points despite playing subpar of his own standard. I’ve been told he is showing signs of being tired, and this 11F forward system may be a pet of that, and I hope this break is enough for him. Prior to the last five or so games he was looking so improved this season. Really feel like he’s fallen back into playing passive defense and bad, contagious body language to go with it. I like to blame Bogosian et al for the goals against, but Eichel was on the ice for his typical extended shifts for some of those.

Anyone rethinking the tank needs to look at Eichel and consider this franchise is NOTHING without him. And he is on an amazing contract.

Hope he meets the 50g pace. Damn well deserves it. He’s done it with beta boy Reinhart and Oloffson being both of their preferred setup guys. At least this season I have not had many ‘just shoot it Eichel’ moments like I have had in years past.

I was afraid with Housley he was going to learn all the worst habits, but Krueger has been the best influence ever.

Awful haircut, great player, Jack Eichel.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

The fact that the games could become meaningless in short order is what might make it harder for him.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Having Vesey and Girgensons rotating in as Olofsson's replacement could factor into that. There hasn't been a single ES goal from his wingers since Olofsson got injured and I don't expect the PP to click every game. Then when Olofsson returns who know if he is truly 100%. If Eichel wants to make it to 100 points he better keep shooting.
Or put Skinner back with Jack/Sam. Should help Skinner get back on track and boost the dominance of that line generally. Its been a quite a drop off from Skinner on the LW of that line to Oloffson.

mechaworm

Nov 5, 2019
Or put Skinner back with Jack/Sam. Should help Skinner get back on track and boost the dominance of that line generally. Its been a quite a drop off from Skinner on the LW of that line to Oloffson.

Prior to injury, Olofsson was on pace for more points than Skinner had last year. That's not what I call a drop off.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Prior to injury, Olofsson was on pace for more points than Skinner had last year. That's not what I call a drop off.

The underlying 5v5 numbers for each line combo

Skinner/Jack/Sam (541mins)

CF% -> 52%
SCF% -> 54%
HDCF% -> 56%
GF% ——> 58%
xGF% —> 55%

3.33 -> GF/60
2.44 -> GA/60

Olofsson/Jack/Sam (500mins)

CF% ——> 50%
SCF% —-> 50%
HDCF% -> 47%
GF% ——> 52%
xGF% —-> 47%

3.00 -> GF/60
2.76 -> GA/60

Its was a more dominant line overall that scored goals at a higher rate and gave them up at a lower rates with Skinner. Its not a knock on Olofsson. Plus putting them together could help get Skinner going on his return from injury. Then Skinner can be split off once he’s going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->