Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Maybe this was talked about somewhere, and I missed it. But does anyone think he's not as confident in his shot because his stick is shorter?

Not making an argument to switched sticks. That would stir up some old arguments I bet...:D In fact, I think his shorter stick has helped his play in small spaces a ton. He's really impressed me this year with his play in dirty areas of the ice.
Would he be leading the league in shots if he wasn't confident in his shooting?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Maybe this was talked about somewhere, and I missed it. But does anyone think he's not as confident in his shot because his stick is shorter?

Not making an argument to switched sticks. That would stir up some old arguments I bet...:D In fact, I think his shorter stick has helped his play in small spaces a ton. He's really impressed me this year with his play in dirty areas of the ice.

Basically everyone is going to be more confident shooting the puck with a longer stick, it’s just a lot easier to get power behind it. I’m sure it’s more of an adjustment then anything.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY

The 2 strides he makes after getting the puck are insane. There's only a hand full of guys in the league you can accelerate that fast, and even less with that release.

Wish he could play defense and suit up in the net all at the same time.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
The points are there. He's creating offensively for sure. I would like to see a cleanup on the defensive side of the ice, but he's getting there.

It may be just me, but there seems to be an unspoken "bond" between Jack and Kopitar. When I watch those two play against each other, the limited times they have, there's just something that feels similar going on between him and Kopitar that I see with Matthews and Eichel.

Reactions: GellMann

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
The points are there. He's creating offensively for sure. I would like to see a cleanup on the defensive side of the ice, but he's getting there.

It may be just me, but there seems to be an unspoken "bond" between Jack and Kopitar. When I watch those two play against each other, the limited times they have, there's just something that feels similar going on between him and Kopitar that I see with Matthews and Eichel.

I've actually been happy with his improved defensive play this year, not that it couldn't always use more improvement. Just like his face-offs. He's better at them this year, but there is still room for improvement.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY

I've noticed this too. And he goes off in the same way.

Two years ago in Buffalo he had 2 to help the comeback from down 2-0 and beat them 6-3, also had a beauty assist. Last year in LA he had that nice goal to tie the game in the 3rd. Of course the (2?)3 assist game earlier this year.

And it's always an awesome battle in which Kopitar steps up his play as well.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Two years ago in Buffalo he had 2 to help the comeback from down 2-0 and beat them 6-3, also had a beauty assist. Last year in LA he had that nice goal to tie the game in the 3rd. Of course the (2?)3 assist game earlier this year.

It really dawned on me when he was talking to Kopitar after a stoppage of play. He circled around and met up with him during the stoppage, and then went off the ice for a change. It didn't seem like a moment of confrontation but of some form of "friendship". I would've chalk it up to Captain talking to Captain, but he did that when Jack wasn't captain.

Reactions: GellMann

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
It really dawned on me when he was talking to Kopitar after a stoppage of play. He circled around and met up with him during the stoppage, and then went off the ice for a change. It didn't seem like a moment of confrontation but of some form of "friendship". I would've chalk it up to Captain talking to Captain, but he did that when Jack wasn't captain.
It's also jogging my memory that he's said on several occasions early in his career that he wants to model himself after Anze (obv. he's turned into quite a different player haha) but the respect is obviously there

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

It looked like Jack was asking Kopi about a equipment change, maybe? I think they were both kinda fiddling with their sticks when they were talking.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Sounds like a great argument to trade for kopitar so jack can battle harden in practice (and it fills a giant hole; the cost would be insane though, which would make it just a nice dream)

Last edited:

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Didn’t Eichel say he modeled his game after Kopitar after being drafted or around that time? Jack has the size, skating, and acute offensive ability to be dominant in all situations.

Between maturing with age, and being named captain, Jack really looks to have taken a step up in defense this year. It’s a pride thing. How can you look your teammates in the eye, as their captain, and say they need to be better on defense or special teams or whatever if you’re nkt leading by example?

With that said, and this may be a dream, could you guys imagine Eichel being a perennial ~100pt player and Selke finalist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino