News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
I wanna feel sorry for Buffalo fans, I really do. But they were all insufferable with the Eichel vs Matthews crap and anytime Buffalo happened to win.

INSUFFERABLE.

Enjoy the pain, Buffalo. We've been there for 50 years +, welcome to the party.

Reminds me of how unbearable Senator fans were when they were a good team. Now we're all supposed to feel sorry for them after the abuse they put us all through.

Reactions: Lilou

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We know Vegas will be in on this, because they are Vegas and they are in on every big name player because that's what they do.

So let's discuss it, what would it cost Vegas?

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
This seems like the NHL trade version of trying to dig yourself out of a hole and just ending up even deeper.

SJS is already pretty well f***ed. They don't need to sell futures and make it even worse. Not to mention spending nearly $40 million on a core of Eichel/Karlsson/Burns/Kane. Woof.
Would probably do well

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Because Barzal doesn't have a potentially catastrophic neck injury.

It's a herniated cervical disc. It's a 2-6 week recovery if surgery is required. Larkin probably dealing with similar injury from the Jamie Benn crosscheck. Not remotely catastrophic or career threatening

Reactions: Unbiased Fan

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kakko, Chytil, Lundkvist, 2021 1st

obviously itd be before or at the draft.

I just cant see Eichel going to NY without Kakko going back. And thats not a lot considering you're getting back the best player in the deal ten fold

I would agree, I think Kakko will have to be involved in some way. I don't think Lafreniere is going to be on the table, neither will Fox and Shesterkin doesn't really make much sense as the centerpiece. Kakko, 1st and one of Miller/Lundkvist/Schneider/Jones, with another add on that whether it's a Buch or Strome, maybe Chytil although I think the Rangers would try to avoid that if Kakko is going the other way.

Rangers fans are delusional if they think they're getting Eichel with out Lafreniere or Kakko. Half the teams in the league top that pitiful offer.

Lafreniere+Lundkvist for Eichel

NO
will not pay
do not wanr

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Yeah you’re not gonna get all that but it’s fun to imagine. Who knows a team might be desperate enough to do it sorta like how the nets traded away a decade worth of draft picks for KG and Pierce

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
We all knew it would end like this! Did sabre fans really think he was going to stay in buffalo long term. He knows there's zero chance he will ever see the playoffs with that team. All that talk about buffalo surpassing the leafs...hehe those were good times. Well it looks like he is on the way out and buffalo is back to rebuilding. I'd hate to say I told you so.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Someone needs to pin all the Ranger posters posts because knowing Dolan, he’ll be a Ranger and they’ll pay handsomely to land him. It won’t involve Fox or Panarin but everything else will be on the table.

Once he’s a Ranger all of the usual suspect will be singing a different tune.

On the chance it’s not the Rangers, I say Red Wings.

OR
Dolan tries for him super cheap
no blue chips
except maybe Jones
gets rebuffed

then remembers Knicks
decides not to be stupid
no overpay

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Would probably be a fringe playoff team with zero future.

They already lost Stutzle and Norris chasing big acquisitions.
Surely you can see the difference between pursuing a washed out Karlsson and paying high end assets and getting a 24 year old franchise player in his prime right? Or maybe you can't you can never tell in these parts. Honestly I really have no idea what Eichel gets in a trade right now, but I have no doubt there will be a lot of potential suitors.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
OR
Dolan tries for him super cheap
no blue chips
except maybe Jones
gets rebuffed

then remembers Knicks
decides not to be stupid
no overpay

You give him way too much credit... those kinds of guys have huge, huge egos and no one can tell them they are wrong... and they never admit when they’re wrong... you know the type.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Devils have anything they can offer besides Nico Hughes and Smith?
This years first (at the very worst #7 if Canucks don’t get 1 more point. Highest odds are #5 overall)
So :
2021 #5 overall
2021 Islander pick #20-25
One or more of
Holtz
Mercer
Zacha
Bratt
Foote
Boqvist
Shakir M
Bahl

I’m guessing one of Nico Hughes or Smith has to be a part of the offer though .
But going off of the thread title:
1st round pick 5th overall - check
Established forward - Bratt (still under cost control and still has not reached his potential)
Two blue chip prospects - Holtz and Mercer .
Add in the Islanders 1st from this year as Bratt is not yet established as a true first line winger.

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Surely you can see the difference between pursuing a washed out Karlsson and paying high end assets and getting a 24 year old franchise player in his prime right? Or maybe you can't you can never tell in these parts. Honestly I really have no idea what Eichel gets in a trade right now, but I have no doubt there will be a lot of potential suitors.

First I'd argue that many didn't think Karlsson was washed out when he was being shopped, either. If San Jose did, they certainly wouldn't have given up what they did in the trade and then signed him to the deal that they gave him.

Second, whether Eichel returns exactly to form or not, this doesn't make San Jose a contender. They get Eichel for 5 years at $10M. For four of those five years, they've got $26.5M tied up in three immovable contracts (Burns is still pretty good, but nobody's touching that deal due to his age) and another $5.75M in Jones, who's been abysmal, for three years.

Realistically, they don't have the cap structure to make it work. They'd be a fringe playoff team at best that doesn't get close to a Cup during Eichel's contract, which means that they'd face the very real possibility of selling off massive assets for Eichel, not come close to a Cup during the time he's there, and then watch him leave in UFA because of it.

Honestly the best option for San Jose is selling what they can and riding out those contracts while they stock the shelves. They weren't exactly in good shape before the Karlsson trade, but the trading for and signing of Karlsson has pretty badly screwed them.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Sabres getting what they deserve for tanking. Let all the Tank Fans Beware. LOL :naughty:

They didn’t tank. They naturally regressed and needed to rebuild after years of playoff disappoints, but playoffs nonetheless. The only team to have purposefully tank for a player is Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA