News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If I'm Los Angeles, I'm not moving Byfield or Kaliyev. I like Eichel, but his injuries and unrest with the Sabres lower his trade value. It's a shitty situation for Buffalo fans and that really sucks, but it doesn't change the facts here.

I wonder if there's something to be made around Turcotte, Kupari, Grans, and LA's first this year. That's basically four first round picks, and I'm not sure a higher offer will come around.

Kaliyev - Kopitar - Vilardi
Kempe - Eichel - Byfield
Iafallo - Andersson - Brown
Grundstrom - Anderson-Dolan - Moore

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
It’s not a matter of believing. It’s a fact and was known when the Leafs were in the process and confirmed recently by Babcock.

Babcock said it to dismiss his own shortcomings. Team barely finished last, had to lose the last game of the season and the Edmonton Oilers had to get a point in their final game. Highest points total for a 30th place team in over 20 years.

Worst tank job of all time?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Babcock said it to dismiss his own shortcomings. Team barely finished last, had to lose the last game of the season and the Edmonton had to get a point in their final game. Highest points total for a 30th place team in over 20 years.

Worst tank job of all time?
That speaks more to the fact that it was a tank. Do just enough to ensure the best chance at drafting but don’t do too bad to retain Leafs fans eyes. So it was obviously a controlled crash landing.

Babcock said it cause it was true. I don’t think he needs to dismiss anything nearly a year after leaving the Leafs and having his career trashed on the way out.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I wanna feel sorry for Buffalo fans, I really do. But they were all insufferable with the Eichel vs Matthews crap and anytime Buffalo happened to win.

INSUFFERABLE.

Enjoy the pain, Buffalo. We've been there for 50 years +, welcome to the party.
All of them? Every single one?

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Too many NTC's to move the required salary. The Sabres will be on every single no fly zone.

They would have to Nate Schmidt somebody, then trade Tuch as the main piece. I doubt they have enticing enough prospects anyhow.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
That speaks more to the fact that it was a tank. Do just enough to ensure the best chance at drafting but don’t do too bad to retain Leafs fans eyes. So it was obviously a controlled crash landing.

Babcock said it cause it was true. I don’t think he needs to dismiss anything nearly a year after leaving the Leafs and having his career trashed on the way out.

If you think Mike Babcock would take credit for finishing 30th, you don't know Mike Babcock. Mike Babcock always bets on Mike Babcock.

Also, why isn't the league fining Toronto? It would be strange to fine the best 30th place team when the Sabres tanks back to back years prior.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If you think Mike Babcock would take credit for finishing 30th, you don't know Mike Babcock. Mike Babcock always bets on Mike Babcock.

Also, why isn't the league fining Toronto? It would be strange to fine the best 30th place team when the Sabres tanks back to back years prior.

When he made that comment he merely was just out laying the truth of what happened in the past. It was obvious at the time that the tank was on for McDavid and then consolation prize Matthews. Even without Babcocks statement it was obvious, but with Babcocks statement it’s 100% confirmed.

The League fines for tanking? Is that in the CBA?

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Why the hell would Colorado break possibly the best line in hockey?

Eichel is the better player but that trio is more valuable than what Eichel brings.

If I was Colorado I wouldn't trade any of the three players for anyone, even for McDavid.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
How do you f*** up a franchise this badly?

Like f***, this is actually impressive to screw up so badly. Multiple top 2 picks, more top 10 picks and they finished worse than when they started the rebuild LMAO.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
When he made that comment he merely was just out laying the truth of what happened in the past. It was obvious at the time that the tank was on for McDavid and then consolation prize Matthews. Even without Babcocks statement it was obvious, but with Babcocks statement it’s 100% confirmed.

I mean, if it's not. Why are people talking about it as a negative? Buffalo should come out and say they're tanking to justify their horrendous seasons.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Sure Eichel is great but c'mon here, Rantanen is better, in every way.
Colorado says : ei kiitos, which means; no thank you
besides, Avs do not need Eichel, plus, that would be big fu to Alex Newhook, so this is moo trade

Hey Alex, yeah, we know you are our great center prospect and even thou
you are stapled to the 2nd line center spot in the future...yah...we went for Eichel instead.. :)

Sakic is not dumb like Dubas.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
The Rangers are a Jack Eichel away from being a stanley cup contender. I think they should do whatever it takes to get him.

No they aren't, and no they shouldn't.

The Rangers need another good two years of development for the players already on the roster (Krav, Laf, Kakko, Chytil, Barron, Miller, Jones) and at least one more year on top of that for players coming in next year (Lundkvist, mainly). Beyond that, they need to figure out which of Strome or Zibanejad they want/can afford to keep and they need to completely rebuild their 3rd/4th lines once that's done (ideally adding some grit). They will be in the playoffs sooner rather than later, but they are at least (as in most optimistic scenario ever) two years away from being a legitimate contender for Lord Stanley, and that's with or without Eichel. The Rangers didn't miss the playoffs this year based on the play of their top 6 centers, and the weaknesses that are present with our current top 6 (injury prone, bad at faceoffs) aren't fixed at all by Eichel.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
For some reason I see him ending up in Vegas.

My guess is he's traded for Cody Glass, Peyton Krebs, Reilly Smith, 1st 2021, 1st 2022, and NJ 2nd 2021.

But what also be included is potential trades within other teams in order to help with other teams expansion drafts considering Vegas has leeway as to not be effected in the expansion draft by any means.

I might actually take that if you switch Smith with Tuch. I'd even drop the 2nd

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The problem I see for Buffalo is if they move him, then Reinhart and Ristolainen want out also, so it doesn't end. Then you have to wonder how long before Dahlin also complains and wants out.

I'd try to smooth things over with Eichel over the summer and hire a proven coach, even Babcock. He generally gets decent results whether people like him or not.

I'd tell Eichel if they don't make the playoffs next year, they'll do right by him and trade him.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
No they aren't, and no they shouldn't.

The Rangers need another good two years of development for the players already on the roster (Krav, Laf, Kakko, Chytil, Barron, Miller, Jones) and at least one more year on top of that for players coming in next year (Lundkvist, mainly). Beyond that, they need to figure out which of Strome or Zibanejad they want/can afford to keep and they need to completely rebuild their 3rd/4th lines once that's done (ideally adding some grit). They will be in the playoffs sooner rather than later, but they are at least (as in most optimistic scenario ever) two years away from being a legitimate contender for Lord Stanley, and that's with or without Eichel. The Rangers didn't miss the playoffs this year based on the play of their top 6 centers, and the weaknesses that are present with our current top 6 (injury prone, bad at faceoffs) aren't fixed at all by Eichel.

I don't think Dolan would agree with that take. The Knicks are in the playoffs, he's going to want the same from the Rangers.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies

Your posts are tanking. How can you tank for McDavid with the "consolation prize" being Matthews when they were in different years? Your team is so bad they can't even tank properly. Thanks for the reminder that Sabre fans don't deserve to be felt sorry for.

Reactions: the Chad Kilger

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Vegas is already up against the cap though, they are already playing with 15 skaters tonight due to cap restrictions. So they would have to clear a significant amount of salary to fit Eichel's contract.

Not saying they can't do it. But it would take the right salary going out to bring in Eichel.
They’re paying $12 Million for two starting goalies. If they trade Fleury somewhere of his choice (M-NTC) and include Tuch in the Eichel trade, that’s $11.75 Million going out and $10 Million coming in.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Don’t see Vegas getting involved. Both due to cap reasons. And they don’t need Eichel. They are already one of the best teams in the league. There’s a saying. Don’t fix what isn’t broke

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
I like how 4 of the top 5 threads in this section are Eichel.. and the other is Reinhart.

I feel bad for Buffalo. Vultures are circling. Vegas has the pieces, but not the cap.

And everyone throws our franchises to the way side when Anaheim has 50 million to spend in 2022. Can we even hit the cap floor? :laugh:

It’s always titled “best team here” because we want em on the trade boards

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Yah, but again, GM may not want to "spend" that much on a guy with his injury history whitout seeing he's back to full form
An opportunity to grab a player like Eichel at his age comes about so rarely, gms will take the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille